Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 27th June 2003, 19:03   #1  |  Link
abatis
Middle-aged Member

DVD95Copy 1.6 Beta 5 is Available

Owners can get the latest version here. DVD95Copy continues to develop and listen to the users.

http://www.dvd-backup.net/forum/view...6469eb380ce383

http://www.dvd95copy.com/download.htm

Whatever software you use please support the creators. Enjoy

Last edited by abatis; 1st August 2003 at 04:21.
abatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 21:55   #2  |  Link
nyplayer

The beta is very impressive.

1.It encodes straight from DVD and can burn with the CopyDVd plugin
2. Quality is Top Notch
3. You can Remove Titlesets.
4. You can set diff compression to the extras.
5. It handles multi angles.
6. It removes the layer break.
7. Does Episodics
8. Corrects the ifos when you remove audio tracks.

You simply Stick in the DVd set your compressions and select your audio tracks. Come back you have a working burned copy.

Last edited by nyplayer; 27th June 2003 at 22:23.
nyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 00:42   #3  |  Link
papillon

This little app has always been my favorite since it came out. Was one of the first (if not The First) to transcode the menus of full and episodic backup dvd's correctly. And now I see that it is one of the highest rated for video quality, which really didn't surprise me.
I wish him well, he's been one of the true pioneers of the business.

No wonder other software developers are purchasing his code to use in their software. For me, I'll stick with the original developer of Dvd95Copy.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 11:44   #4  |  Link
DVD Maniac

I have never invested in this tool and have been using Instant Copy till now. The gap between IC's quality and other apps output continues to narrow and I am considering a move to DVDShrink or DVD95. A critical issue for me is whether Title/Video/Audio Stripping is done correctly and preserves a working structure -

1. Title removal is done in such a way that the integrity of the VIDEO_TS.IFO and related VTS.IFO's are not disrupted and will not be rejected by fussy players. This must work for the most complex structures, such as when you are removing Titles from multi-Title Title sets.

2. Audio/Video streams are removed with "ghost" references in the .IFO's so that the stream numbers and ordering are unaffected.

Point 2 is less important because you can correct menu problems now fairly easily with Menuedit, Point 1 is the main issue - NONE of the one clickers does this properly at the moment.

DVDShrink's title cropping feature would solve this problem - but you cannot use the feature in Full Copy mode.

Does the new beta of DVD95 carry out Title stripping properly in the way I have described? If so I will consider an investment in DVD95
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 23:44   #5  |  Link
69Mws
Big 3 Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by DVD Maniac
1. Title removal is done in such a way that the integrity of the VIDEO_TS.IFO and related VTS.IFO's are not disrupted and will not be rejected by fussy players. This must work for the most complex structures, such as when you are removing Titles from multi-Title Title sets.
From what I tested, it worked well. Removed Titlesets are still part of the backupped DVD, but are replaced with minimum sized Dummy Titlesets.

Quote:
Originally posted by DVD Maniac
2. Audio/Video streams are removed with "ghost" references in the .IFO's so that the stream numbers and ordering are unaffected.
Regarding what Digimedic (the developer) told me, dummies are placed, but those "ghosts" are not placed in that way, that you will notice them when switching through on your player. He said, that he places the dummies in the MAT of the IFO...whatever that means (I'm no pro at IFO-Structure stuff). The stream numbers are kept, but you won't have to switch through replaced audio/subs. You can only switch between the streams, that are still there. But by placing those "Ghosts" in the so-called MAT, it seems to be no problem.

Anyway, it works fine that way.

Just one thing: normally Record Now Max refused burning, when I tried to burn a "raped structure" (I mean ripping out audiotracks and subs without replacing them porperly for example). Nero would have burnt that, but Nero burns every you crap you'll feed it

Well, RNM doesn't refuse the results from dvd95copy 1.6 Beta

Greetz
69Mws

Last edited by 69Mws; 29th June 2003 at 10:04.
69Mws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2003, 10:52   #6  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Thanks for the info on this. I'd like to try out the 1.6 beta but since I have not bought 1.5 yet i'll have to wait till 1.6 comes out and use the demo.
Old 29th June 2003, 20:20   #7  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Hi 69MWS just one more question :

When you refer to Title Sets do you actually mean Titles?

Wholesale removal of Titlesets is not feasible if you want to retain structural integrity - only Titles within a Titleset with the dummy references you refer.

Please can you confirm this is what it actually does

Thx
Old 29th June 2003, 21:55   #8  |  Link
69Mws
Big 3 Padawan

No, Titlesets are not removed completely when unchecking them.

If you have six Titlesets for example and you uncheck Titlesets 1 & 2 because they just contain crappy trailers you don't need, they are still there in the result dvd95copy spits out.

I'll do a job with dvd95copy with removing Titlesets and post some screens here about what happens, maybe then it becomes clearer

Greetz
69Mws
Old 2nd July 2003, 20:38   #9  |  Link
69Mws
Big 3 Padawan

@DVD Maniac:

Now here it is. I made up a little page (VERY professional... ), which may clear things a little up 'bout how dvd95 handles unchecking Titlesets.

You'll find the page here

Greetz
69Mws

Last edited by 69Mws; 2nd July 2003 at 21:33.
69Mws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2003, 12:16   #10  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Good work - shows what DVD95 does really well!

I have been in contact with the author regarding an extension of this functionality to allow removal of individual Titles/PGC's as well as full titlesets. Digimedic says about 2 to 4 weeks.

Looking forward to that!
Old 29th July 2003, 13:17   #11  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Is there any news on the Title Stripping feature?

Also, I was wondering whether Stream removal was being enhanced so that references are still left in the ifo and vob's to stop player crashing. I know that Menu edit can correct these problems (in most cases) but it would be great to see this feature added like DVD Shrink does.

With these final enhancements I would be happy to proclaim DVD95Copy the king of the Backup apps!
Old 31st July 2003, 23:47   #12  |  Link
KungFuCow

DVD95Copy's home page is down. I hope this isn't a sign of bad things happening.
KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2003, 04:18   #13  |  Link
abatis
Middle-aged Member

kungfu

the offical word

Plus activities up to beta 5

abatis is offline   Reply With Quote