Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th May 2010, 02:40   #2781  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

yeah, that's what I meant...poor english at work
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuuey View Post
works fine on a a 8800GTS [..] on xp
adventurous enough to try the new 257.15 w/ the 8800GTS on XP by any chance?
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 04:45   #2782  |  Link
goldie

I can't find the madVR setting dialog.,
so how can I configure the madVR?

(and press ctrl+J didn't show anything...)

MPC-HC output settings:

Right menu:

didn't see any madVR configuration entry:

XP-Pro-SP3,
MPC-HC rev.1955,
ffdshow rev.3456,
CoreAVC 2.0,
madVR 0.12

Last edited by goldie; 27th May 2010 at 04:53.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 05:06   #2783  |  Link
namaiki

Make sure you haven't moved the MadVR folder from which you installed. If you did move it, unzip MadVR folder somewhere permanent, click uninstall, and the install again.
Also, make sure that CoreAVC is outputting YV12. In your picture, as you can see from the filters list, MadVR is not loading during playback.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 05:23   #2784  |  Link
goldie

@namaiki:
You right, I deleted it after install.bat
After reinstall, it works
Old 27th May 2010, 05:28   #2785  |  Link
namaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
@namaiki:
You right, I deleted it after install.bat
After reinstall, it works
By the way, since you're on Windows XP, what's the graphics card and driver version that you're using?

edit: and what's that AC3 thing? That's certainly not ffdshow audio as far as I can tell.
Old 27th May 2010, 06:51   #2786  |  Link
goldie

@namaiki:
I only enable all MPC-HC build-in splitters, audio decoders.
And others using ffdshow video decoder and CoreAVC.
So, it's MPC-HC build-in AC3 Audio decoder.

nVIDIA nForce 405 (GeForce 6100) IGP
nVIDIA v.181.51 Driver
madVR is work, but very stuttering.
Old 27th May 2010, 07:08   #2787  |  Link
lych_necross
ZZZzzzz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
So, it wasn't working before and now it is working?
It was working before and is still working with the new driver.
lych_necross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 08:13   #2788  |  Link
Grmpf

To have different presets (hotkeyable please) for the 3dluts would be nice for people who needs to use different ones for different situations. For excample if you got two different displays - one Plasma/LCD for everyday use plus one projector, hooked at the same htpc. Another case would be me ;-) i use a ISCO anamorphot with a slider and need 2 sets of 3dluts, because the lense does eat some blue - at the moment i can use a script to copy 2 sets of 3dluts around one for with the lens and one for without.
Grmpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 08:17   #2789  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmpf View Post
To have different presets (hotkeyable please) for the 3dluts would be nice for people who needs to use different ones for different situations. For excample if you got two different displays - one Plasma/LCD for everyday use plus one projector, hooked at the same htpc. Another case would be me ;-) i use a ISCO anamorphot with a slider and need 2 sets of 3dluts, because the lense does eat some blue - at the moment i can use a script to copy 2 sets of 3dluts around one for with the lens and one for without.
Interesting.

I'll see what I can do. But this will have to wait for when I get around to redesigning the settings dialog & functionality.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 08:45   #2790  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Yes, the main reason I wanted support for an override LUT was so I could swap out for a non-auto-loaded LUT on the fly in cases where the auto-loaded LUT is not what I want to be using. I've sort of made do with having an alternative PC LUT set as "HD - TV" but it is a pain to swap out files, it gets confusing, and if it removes one or more auto-loaded LUTs which I still have occasional use for.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 20:37   #2791  |  Link
mark0077

madshi, like when I reported madvr causes mpc-hc to crash when refresh rate changes during playback, well another thing to improve could be when the system is locked / unlocked with madvr is running. It needs to detect this and restart / recreate. I did ctrl+alt+del today when listening to a music blu-ray, to get the task manager, but when I got the "lock this computer" - "task manager" - etc options screen and went to task manager, mpc-hc showed a madVR error relating to d3d. I am sure these are all related and will be resolved when madVR can detect its lost d3d device or whatever the case may be and can get around it.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 21:20   #2792  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
I did ctrl+alt+del today when listening to a music blu-ray, to get the task manager, but when I got the "lock this computer" - "task manager" - etc options screen and went to task manager, mpc-hc showed a madVR error relating to d3d. I am sure these are all related and will be resolved when madVR can detect its lost d3d device or whatever the case may be and can get around it.
Actually madVR detects the lost d3d device and makes the media player pause playback. If you come back after ctrl+alt+del, you can simply press play to resume playback. On my PC madVR is the *only* renderer which handles this situation gracefully. All other renderers make MPC-HC crash or freeze when I press ctrl+alt+del.

The situation might be different in Vista and Windows 7 (still running XP here). With the updated Direct3D9 version in Vista/win7 there's a way to avoid lost d3d devices, which I've not yet made use of. But in XP, as far as I can say, madVR handles ctrl+alt+del much better than any other renderer.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:26   #2793  |  Link
mark0077

Oh I see yea I was able to play after unpausing. Evr-cp for me just resumes playing for me. No crashes. Can madvr have an option or default to just resume playback.

I wonder what's the difference between losing the device when I ctrl alt del and when I change refresh rate. The refresh change makes madvr crash mpc.

Thanks madshi
Old 27th May 2010, 22:10   #2794  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Oh I see yea I was able to play after unpausing. Evr-cp for me just resumes playing for me. No crashes.
But you're not using XP, or are you? Try ctrl+alt+del with EVR-CP on XP!

As I said, madVR is not yet using the Direct3D extension offered by Vista/win7, which allows handling such situations better.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:25   #2795  |  Link
mark0077

I understand. Thanks madshi. With those implemented and macrovision errors gone I think I'll be making the big switch
Old 28th May 2010, 14:23   #2796  |  Link
Trigunflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
For those intrested the new 257.15 nvidia driver does _not_ fix issues with madVR causing player lockup with some gfx cards. You still need to wait for new madVR release to address the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lych_necross View Post
I just tested MadVR with 257.15 and it seems to work fine on my system. FYI, I'm running Windows 7 x64 with a Nvidia 9800gtx+.
I too was affected by the inability to use MadVR with the previous serious of drivers 197.x on my 8800gts (g80) (SLI). The symptoms being a complete freeze &/or *extremely* (~.5 fps) slow playback.
However, using MadVR 0.12 & the 257.15 betas along with SVN builds of mpc-hc/ffdshow & W7x64, I'm currently having no trouble at all; playback & seeking are smooth as can be.
Trigunflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 14:43   #2797  |  Link
Razoola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigunflame View Post
I too was affected by the inability to use MadVR with the previous serious of drivers 197.x on my 8800gts (g80) (SLI). The symptoms being a complete freeze &/or *extremely* (~.5 fps) slow playback.
However, using MadVR 0.12 & the 257.15 betas along with SVN builds of mpc-hc/ffdshow & W7x64, I'm currently having no trouble at all; playback & seeking are smooth as can be.
Sounds like your issue is different as people affected can't get playback at all. I use w7x64 and latest SVN builds and it dosent work. At least madshi knows the situation and the cause, it will be fixed in next madVR release.
Razoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 19:22   #2798  |  Link
flanger216

Strangely, my GT220 never worked with madVR, then briefly worked with the latest 197 drivers, then randomly stopped working with those drivers on the same install, and now does not work with the 257 drivers...

When it did work, I was surprised at how well: 720p ---> 1080p w/ Spline @ 24hz using 3dluts, no problem. fft3dgpu is borderline unusable on this card even in SD, but madVR was fine for pretty much everything I threw at it outside 60p HD content. Great stuff Madshi; eagerly awaiting the next version.

Last edited by flanger216; 28th May 2010 at 19:29.
flanger216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 08:49   #2799  |  Link
memmerson

Hi all,
just recently I've started to test MadVR and the picture quality looks very nice. But I am having a couple of issues I'm hoping someone can assist with?

With MadVR I am getting dropped frames during what I assume to be high bit-rate scenes (Avatar and Saving Private Ryan Blu-ray M2TS files). I am not getting drop outs with other renderers.

My setup is:
Win7 32bit, MPC-HC (1752), FFDShow (Tryouts 3336)
Radeon HD5670, Intel Core2 Duo 2.67ghz (E8200), 3GB RAM

It seems like my gfx or CPU may not be up to it but others seem to be OK.

Also, I am getting a horizontal tear about 1/5th up from bottom, I saw this mentioned elsewhere but have been unable to find it again.

Glad to hear any explanations or recommendations.
memmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 08:55   #2800  |  Link
namaiki

What settings are you using in MadVR? Also, what resolution are you playing at, and how much memory does your video card have? Is Aero enabled or disabled? Check the frame rate of the video. If it is VFR, how high does the frame rate go?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling