Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 28th February 2005, 02:54   #21  |  Link
mpucoder

I'll run them through Scenarist to compare. One thing though, the minus sign does get interpretted by Scenarist as "and". Right now Muxman does not interpret the rules, and treats everything as "=". Still, I think the colors will match by that rule. btw, I think I recognize the movie (Die Another Day).
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 06:53   #22  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

Yes it is Die Another Day. Given the way the franchise is going it's a shame Bond lived to die another day.

Anyway, in regard to another issue, I tried specifying only the sst in the project file. Opening it in the gui and compiling is file, but when -run is used at the commandline, subtitles are ignored. I take it this is due to the project file being 'expanded' when it is loaded via the GUI, but not when it is executed in batch mode. Is it possible to change this?
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 07:17   #23  |  Link
mpucoder

I just found some horrible bugs in sst processing - and my apologies to Matthew and Katjarella for having to try to use the buggy version. I do test, but in this case a new reference had to be made after the mods for field pictures were put in (they change timing). Apparently the bugs were there when the reference was made. It's fixed now, and I was just about to release the fixes when I read this, so hang on.
Old 28th February 2005, 07:29   #24  |  Link
mpucoder

I see what happened. The subpictures are there, but not in the ifo file. The function that sets that up isn't called because it's not designed to work without a window (it sets up all the controls in the subpicture area).

edit: it is fixed now and available at the Muxman homepage

Last edited by mpucoder; 28th February 2005 at 07:52.
Old 28th February 2005, 08:22   #25  |  Link
Matthew
jdgljlfljg

It is only version 0.12 and in heavy development, users experiencing bugs goes with the territory.

I've tried 0.12a with two ssts in cli mode and the results seem just fine. Now it's time to give mplex/spumux/DVDAuthor the boot
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 08:24   #26  |  Link
mpucoder

Thanks for the feedback - time to rest for now.
Old 28th February 2005, 10:07   #27  |  Link
Orion|69

First of all : i truly love what u accomplished sofar with muxman.. i really believe it muxes better than Scenarist even, altho others dont agree with me on that

What i was wondering tho.. did u run into some limitations for the number of subtracks ? Normally 8 would be enough ofcourse, but alot of older PAL classics often have 20+ tracks and the max according to the DVD standards is 32, so thats why i wonder why not go for max 32 at once, unless, ofcourse, u ran into a limitation.

Keep up the great work tho I'd love to ditch Scenarist completely one day and go for MPUCoder's Multiplexing Engine (altho i doubt that will be just as free as muxman is hehe).

Last edited by Orion|69; 28th February 2005 at 10:27.
Orion|69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 12:26   #28  |  Link
dragongodz

Quote:
What i was wondering tho.. did u run into some limitations for the number of subtracks ?
to quote mpucoder

Quote:
Muxman internally can process all 32 subpicture streams, it is only the GUI that is limited. The problem is what you're seeing now will become the demo for the full featured product, and I have promised never to take anything away from it. So I have to restrict it in some places.
which was actually in response to Muxman being limited to 3 subs at the time.
Old 28th February 2005, 13:04   #29  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks mpucoder,

Still loving it... Great work indeed

Cheers
Old 28th February 2005, 13:05   #30  |  Link
Orion|69

My bad

They should install the mod so u can search in the thread itself
Orion|69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 14:55   #31  |  Link
mpucoder

It's nice to wake up to no problems.

I forgot to mention this in the first post, but the modifications to make field pictures work also raised the GOP limit to 36 pictures (frame or field, doesn't matter) and the check is no longer based on tv system. So those of you who previously had problems with DVB sources should be able to mux without re-encoding. If you are concerned about DVD spec, the minimum and maximum number of fields per GOP is reported in the log and final dialog box.
Old 28th February 2005, 15:22   #32  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Wow ! Great release !

just a question: could be possible (or not) in a near future to support sub/idx or srt subtitles ?

Thanks

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 17:27   #33  |  Link
mpucoder

I do plan to support some form of text subs in the future.

break:

For those of you interested, the docs for mxp files are now available here
Old 28th February 2005, 19:59   #34  |  Link
Zeul

This is becoming VERY interesting. I would love to be able to ditch Scenarist (or at least give an alternative) and i have thought for a while that muxman is the way forward. How advanced is the scp parsing going to be? Will BOV (needed for menus of course ) be implemented from a scp file? At the moment my initial thought was to run muxman for every vobid then parse the 'new' ifos and then create a new one. I welcome your thoughts as always.

Zeul

edit: should have read your previous post and checked out the link. Looks like it all will be eventually

Last edited by Zeul; 28th February 2005 at 20:02.
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2005, 20:02   #35  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

I've just made an observation which, because of my limited understanding of DVD files, I'm not sure whether it's relevant or not!

Anyway, while using my trusty Sigma Xcard to play a couple of PAL 4:3 muxes, I noticed that if I navigate and launch playback by selecting either the VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_01_1.VOB files, the video is displayed at the correct aspect ration (ie: 4:3) on my 16:9 TV.

But if I navigate and launch playback by selecting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, the video is displayed at 16:9 and appears to loose the 4:3 signalling code!

I hope I've been able to explain this correctly?

Cheers
Old 28th February 2005, 20:08   #36  |  Link
mpucoder

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeul
How advanced is the scp parsing going to be? Will BOV (needed for menus of course ) be implemented from a scp file?
Yes, highlight information will be parsed from scp/mxp files. I stopped at this point to release 0.12 as the parsing covered all the functionality of the gui. The next step is to turn the simple single-segment lists of files into a multi-dimensional database. Then the parsing development can proceed.
I, too, am looking forward to the day when Muxman can build menues and multiple titles.
Old 28th February 2005, 20:14   #37  |  Link
mpucoder

The menu in VIDEO_TS.VOB, which actually has no video, is set to 4:3. But that is quite common for DVD's, and the reason why there are seperate flags for the vmg (VIDEO_TS), vtsm (VTS_01_0) and title. There should be no problem starting with either .ifo file, but starting with a vob file can quite often get you the wrong AR as the mpeg-2 DAR does not have to match the ifo DAR.
Old 28th February 2005, 20:15   #38  |  Link
katjarella
woman @ german doom9

Thank you very much for that fix, mpucoder, the first tests look great. But I have to run further tests.

I found the reason for problems with dvdauthor and the newest version:

Sourcen:
  • motion_blend.m2v
    Num. of picture: 20
    Resolution: 720*576
    Aspect ratio: 16:9 Generic
    Framerate: 25.00
    Nom. bitrate: 9800000 Bit/Sec
    VBV buffer size: 112
    Gop no.,Timecode,Pic n.,Pictures,Closed,Broken l.,Has SeqHdr,Offset
    1,01:00:00.00,10,IPPBPBPBPB,Yes,No,Yes,00000be
    2,01:00:00.10,10,IBPBPBPBPB,No,No,Yes,00317ef
  • TEST001.bmp
    720x576Pix
  • AUDIO1.ac3 & AUDIO2.ac3
    Total frames: 4.999
    Frame size: 512 bytes
    Sample rate: 48.000 Hz
    Data rate: 128 kbps
------------------------------------------
Standard Multiplex:
  • Video POS1: motion_blend.m2v = actual
  • Video POS2: TEST001.bmp = audio end
  • Audio1 = AUDIO1.ac3
  • Audio2 = AUDIO2.ac3
ReMultiplex with dvdauthor: MuxMan011c & MuxMan012a = No Problem
NON Standard Multiplex (my whish):
  • Video POS1: motion_blend.m2v = 00:00:40:00 *
  • Video POS2: TEST001.bmp = audio end
  • Audio1 = AUDIO1.ac3
  • Audio2 = AUDIO2.ac3
* MuxMan011c + unhide the Duration Edit*
* MuxMan012a via script Duration=00:00:40:00

ReMultiplex mit dvdauthor: MuxMan011c = No Problem
ReMultiplex mit dvdauthor: MuxMan012a = Error
Code:
STAT: Processing MuxMan012a.vob...
assertion "j>=s->vi[i-1].sectpts[1]" failed: file "src/dvdvob.c", line 1234
      6 [sig] dvdauthor 2072 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to dvdauthor.exe.stackdump

Please, please, change that back. I don't like the mix of motion and
stills, because the transitions become visible, unfortunately.
Old 28th February 2005, 21:05   #39  |  Link
mpucoder

Check your PM, there is an experimental build to see if alternate_scan vs zig_zag is the problem.
Old 28th February 2005, 21:20   #40  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally posted by mpucoder
The menu in VIDEO_TS.VOB, which actually has no video, is set to 4:3. But that is quite common for DVD's, and the reason why there are seperate flags for the vmg (VIDEO_TS), vtsm (VTS_01_0) and title.
Why then, if the VIDEO_TS.VOB is set to 4:3, does the file play back at 16:9?

Cheers