Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 4th March 2002, 09:09   #1  |  Link
Milton

Can't strip VOB id's, IFOedit doesn't see them

I ripped Shrek R1 Disc 1 (Dar 4:3) with DVDdecrypter.

VTS_01_0.VOB: contains all menus (VOB id's 1 to 255 + VOB id0 - ??)

VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_01_6.VOB : main movie w/ Shrek specific Dreamworks animated logo at beginning

VTS_09_1.VOB: Generic Dreamworks animated logo (very first thing that plays when DVD is inserted in player)

VTS_10_1.VOB: FBI copyright warning

Here's the situation:

I open VTS_10_0.VOB with VOBrator, contains VOB id1 unplayable (failed to render graph). Then I open VTS_10_1.VOB which contians VOB id's 1,2 and 3. 1 and 3 are playable and are 2 identical copyright video streams in english. I want to strip those.

So I open VTS_10_0.IFO with IFOedit. Here's what I get:

VTS overview:

Video: MPEG-2 720x480 (NTSC) (NTSC 525/60) (4:3) (not specified perm.display)

PGC_1 (program chain): (Programs: 2) (Cells: 2) (uses VOB-IDs: 1,2)
[Ch 01] [Pg 01] [Cell 01] : time: 00:00:17.00 / 30 fps [Pos: 00:00:17.00] [Frames: 510]
[Ch 02] [Pg 02] [Cell 02] : time: 00:00:00.14 / 30 fps [Pos: 00:00:17.14] [Frames: 1034]

Menu Language Units: 1
Language Menu Unit 1: [English]

Language Menu Unit 1: [English]
Menu 1: [Root-Menu] (entry PGC) (Programs: 1) (Cells: 1) (uses VOB-IDs: 1)

I hit the "VOB extra" button to strip those VOB id's. The list that appears is empty. There are no VOB id's in there. So I can't strip those streams.

I tried highlighting the Menu 1: [Root-Menu] line and did a "delete playback". But what that does is that during playback, the player simply gets stuck on the title (Title 43 ch 1) that should contain the warning (but it can't find it). Is there any way around this?

Other than that, my DVD-RW copy works just fine but I'm stuck with having to keep the copyright. No big deal, just wanted to mention it because I find it odd that those VOB id's don't show up in the "strip list".

I'm new around here so please forgive me if my question is stupid or in the wrong forum. Trying to learn and comply to the rules to the best of my knowledge. Hope I can help someday.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2002, 20:39   #2  |  Link
Derrow

This is very strange!

Please send me the IFO file to
derrow@yahoo.com

I would like to check that out!
Derrow is offline   Reply With Quote