Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 30th August 2009, 07:56   #241  |  Link
cweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
I believe somewhere on your system is an old version of something, probably something associated with the NVidia drivers.

Be aware that NVidia used to have a large control panel/control suite called nView that was bundled with older versions of their drivers. They removed nView support for GeForce cards in the drivers starting several months ago, nView is for Quadro cards only now.

If you had older nVidia drivers on the system when you upgraded to 190.38, nView may have stayed behind, and it will cause problems with the latest drivers. My recommendation:

1. Remove your nVidia drivers.
2. Remove nView if it is listed in the Add/Remove programs control panel.
3. Do a search on the Windows directory for all nVidia-related DLLs, especially nvcuvid.dll, and delete if any are found.
4. Delete C:\Program Files\nVidia if present.
5. Remove all versions of DG's NV tools from your system, including any DGNV-related DLLs present in C:\Program Files\Avisynth\plugins (like DGDecode.dll)
6. Restart and reinstall nVidia drivers 190.38.
7. Download and unzip the latest DGNV Beta 7 from neuron's site.
8. Try your steps again.

If this does not work, I'm not sure where else to go. Many other people here are running DGNV Tools beta 7 under XP SP3, Vista 32, Vista 64, and Win 7 with no issues.

Edit: Just saw in the other thread that you discovered that your GeForce card may not have sufficient hardware support for the NV Tools. If this turns out to be the case, please disregard.
My GTX has nview installed without issues on XP SP3. I don't use the desktop management features though.
Old 6th September 2009, 08:28   #242  |  Link
UsedUser

I don't know where to start, so I'm starting here.

I'm trying to use DGMPGDecNV on Win 7 x64 with an x64 build of x264 (from x264.nl, built with AVS input support). I set up the job in MeGUI for DGMPGDecNV decoding and it runs fine with x264 x86 encoding, but can't find the AVS file with x264 x64.

Any known issues, i.e., with decoder/encoder bitness?

Code:
Job commandline: "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe" 
--profile high --pass 1 --bitrate 3255 --stats "D:\Video\x.stats" 
--level 4.1 --ref 1 --no-mixed-refs --b-adapt 2 --direct auto 
--deblock -1:-1 --subme 2 --trellis 0 --partitions none 
--vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --me dia 
--thread-input --sar 1:1 --output NUL "I:\Recordings\x.avs" 

[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: could not open input file 'I:\Recordings\x.avs'
Old 6th September 2009, 09:02   #243  |  Link
UsedUser

^ Nevermind - death by bitness - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...&highlight=x64
Old 12th September 2009, 14:55   #244  |  Link
SomeJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
My GTX has nview installed without issues on XP SP3. I don't use the desktop management features though.
Yes, you're right, the latest 190.38 and 190.62 drivers seem to have put it back in.

I have had intermittent problems with nView's desktop management features, though, so I don't use that package like I used to.
Old 28th November 2009, 07:05   #245  |  Link

This thread is closed as DGMPGDecNV is superceded by DGNV tools 2.0.0.
Closed Thread