Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th February 2008, 20:24   #261  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrang View Post
jamos, megui crashes everytime I try to load an elementary .h264 file to re-encode. Can you give me some help? I thought megui could re-encode .h264 elementary streams?
I had that happen with bad sources.

Have you tried loading in the mkv file directly into megui using a synth script?

If that doesnt work try using h264info on the .h264 file and set the lvl to 4.1 and pps every picture is checked then try to import that.

If that doesnt work then also you may need to remux the source using tsmuxer into a .m2ts or .ts file and use that as your source.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 20:33   #262  |  Link
imrang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
I had that happen with bad sources.

Have you tried loading in the mkv file directly into megui using a synth script?

If that doesnt work try using h264info on the .h264 file and set the lvl to 4.1 and pps every picture is checked then try to import that.

If that doesnt work then also you may need to remux the source using tsmuxer into a .m2ts or .ts file and use that as your source.
Hi Jamos.. do you have a ps3 commandline i can issue to x264.exe? That might be easier.
imrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 20:51   #263  |  Link
imrang

Actually let me be more explicit. What is the tool out there that does not have an issue loading a .h264 elementary stream and then re-encoding it to ps3 compatible settings?
Old 17th February 2008, 21:13   #264  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Hi Jamos.. do you have a ps3 commandline i can issue to x264.exe? That might be easier.
Its not the command line its your source thats your problem as you have asked the same thing in other threads.
Old 17th February 2008, 21:25   #265  |  Link
imrang

Quote:
Its not the command line its your source thats your problem as you have asked the same thing in other threads.
Hi Jamos, the file itself was encoded with x264. The settings are not ps3 compliant because of too many reference frames as an earlier user commented. But I don't see how my elementary stream is not a valid h264 stream. It is and it plays on all software players, just not ps3. What can I use to reencode the elementary stream to make it ps3 compatible?
Old 17th February 2008, 21:44   #266  |  Link

Re-encode it with x264 and reduce the number of reference frames as needed.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 21:48   #267  |  Link
imrang

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Re-encode it with x264 and reduce the number of reference frames as needed.
Could you help me out with a command line there? I'm sure there is some ps3 standard command most ppl use here.
Old 17th February 2008, 22:19   #268  |  Link

Sorry, but I don't know anything about PS3.
Old 18th February 2008, 01:23   #269  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Could you help me out with a command line there? I'm sure there is some ps3 standard command most ppl use here.
Just use the HD-DVD profile in megui. it shows the x264 command line under it copy and use that.
Old 18th February 2008, 01:32   #270  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Anyone contact Roman lately and see if he is still working on this?
Old 18th February 2008, 04:00   #271  |  Link

He's been logging onto the forum regularly, including today. I suppose he would post if he wanted to.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:07   #272  |  Link
survivant001

Quote:
simple.. use automkv or ripbot264.. nothing more simplier than that
survivant001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:27   #273  |  Link
n0mag!c
use 'r'

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
i've spend a lot of time trying tsmuxer and I must say: it works INCORRECT with mpeg2 video stream, though with H264 it's OK.
I'm still trying to find the right way to mux TS for "tsremux" to burn AVCHD for PS3 with correct playing MPEG-2 videos. The way without re-encoding video to H.264. I start to looking for other ts muxers. Next I've tryed "elecard xmuxer pro" with 1080p 23.97fps video. resulting AVCHD plays at about 7-10 fps on PS3 (tsMuxer'ed video plays at about 23 fps, just dropping only one frame at a second), but plays correct on PC.
next I found directx show filter in NERO 8 package - NeTSmux.ax - nero transport stream muxltiplexor. in "graphedit" I've made all necessary connections to it without problems, but filter didn't produce anything and graph stoped with error message. Did anyone have find the way to force this filter to work?

Last edited by n0mag!c; 19th February 2008 at 12:35.
n0mag!c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 20:04   #274  |  Link
SKAPiter

Hi Roman. Any progress on multiple audio streams? Having 2 audio streams in the resulted mts would be awesome!
SKAPiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 22:41   #275  |  Link
nekrosoft13

great tool, thanks!
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 04:27   #276  |  Link
imrang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olebrumm71 View Post
Hello!

I just tried to use this new 'tsMuxer' application to mux a H.264/AVC elementary stream (made using HRD patched X264) with a 1536kbit/sec DTS audio track.

The resulting TS file plays well on my computer.

I then ran this TS file through TSRemux 0.18 creating a BluRay output. The resulting .m2ts file (in the STREAM folder) also plays well on my PC.

I then transfer this .m2ts file (renaming it though to .mpg ) to the HD of my PS3. When playing this file on the PS3 the video is perfect, but there is NO audio at all. The control panel in the PS3 XMB video player shows no audio codec at all for the file?

And I think that I have seen other people have reported that the PS3 is capable of playing back MPEG-2 transport streams with H.264/AVC video streams and DTS audio-tracks? (or is this limited to MPEG-2 transport streams with MPEG-2 video and DTS audio tracks ? )
Can some help out with this I have the exact same thing happening to me. Does the PS3 play 1536kbit/sec DTS audio track with H264 in m2ts? I followed the exact steps above as this poster and had the same results.
Old 22nd February 2008, 04:30   #277  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Can some help out with this I have the exact same thing happening to me. Does the PS3 play 1536kbit/sec DTS audio track with H264 in m2ts? I followed the exact steps above as this poster and had the same results.
No ps3 will not play a m2ts file (audio does not work) you have to burn a BD or a AVCHD disk to get it to work (ie use bluray in TSremux then burn to a UDF 2.5 format with either imgburn 2.440 or a newer version of Nero).

Last edited by jamos; 22nd February 2008 at 04:33.
Old 22nd February 2008, 07:34   #278  |  Link
nunyabuizness

i have a HUGE question:

i have used mkv2vob to convert roughly 10 720p and 1080p mkvs. i think all of these have required h264info to change the level and some of those had to be transcoded so that it would play on the ps3 also making these videos almost twice the original size.

i tried using tsmuxer to make a m2ts file and changing the level and then using tsremux to make an avchd dvd, but it wont play on my ps3 (i know i burned everything correctly).

this requires me to ask this question: what is it that requires a file to be transcoded to play on a ps3 and how do i know when i can just change the level of the file in tsmuxer to make a ps3-playable file? please i need major help with this
nunyabuizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:39   #279  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
No ps3 will not play a m2ts file (audio does not work) you have to burn a BD or a AVCHD disk to get it to work (ie use bluray in TSremux then burn to a UDF 2.5 format with either imgburn 2.440 or a newer version of Nero).
Not strictly true, the PS3 wont play DTS from the XBM only from authoured discs. But it will play m2ts files with ac3 ( and with LCPM audio, from what I've read but not tested myself ) from the XBM.

Last edited by B4tm4n; 22nd February 2008 at 13:41.
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:13   #280  |  Link
menlvd

new version coming soon, plz be patient
changes for PS3 users owners.
in nearly future will be adding vc1 pull-down removal
and so on
menlvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsmuxer