Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2006, 16:50   #241  |  Link
Sh4nn0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte66
Request: add a way to switch MPEG2 deblocking on/off in the avisynth profile system.

At the moment, as best I can tell, turning on MPEG2 deblocking in the avisynth script generator adds a "cpu=4" parameter to the call to mpeg2source. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn this on via avisynth profiles, and you can't just add another line of code. It's just a click to add it if you create your AVS file in that screen, but if you use the one click encoder (which relies on avisynth profiles) you never get to see that screen.
Its in the Extra Setup tab under AviSynth Profile Configuration if I undertstand you correctly.
Old 16th February 2006, 16:53   #242  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4nn0w
Its in the Extra Setup tab under AviSynth Profile Configuration if I undertstand you correctly.
*yanks foot out of mouth with big hook*
Old 16th February 2006, 17:46   #243  |  Link
damjang

Quote:
Originally Posted by damjang
I'm new with MeGui, but in some encoding that I do, I found that it is not possible to have different type of audio encoding for two audio (e.g. I want to encode the first audio in 6ch mode, but the second only in stereo). I can do manually a new job for every audio-encoding, but...
...sorry! I discover now that in "Bug report" thread there is a "The audio section only allows one profile" bug listed... and I think that this is what I intend...

damjang
Old 17th February 2006, 14:42   #244  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Request:

Implement multiprocessing at the job queue level when there are multiple jobs in the queue. E.g. launch one single-threaded job per core, instead of launching one job and hoping it will use multiple cores. This way you could get 100% utilization on both cores with a pair of x264 jobs, instead of the ~75% I seem to get by running a single x264 job multi-threaded.

At this instant, I have 31 jobs in the MeGUI queue. I can't be the only person who does this.
Old 17th February 2006, 15:13   #245  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte66
E.g. launch one single-threaded job per core, instead of launching one job and hoping it will use multiple cores
Hmmm. This is really good idea!
Old 17th February 2006, 18:56   #246  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

a sort of "multi processing behaviour" could be implemented in settings to add this possibility.
1st choice: actual behaviour
2nd choice: new behaviour
Old 17th February 2006, 18:59   #247  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
a sort of "multi processing behaviour" could be implemented in settings to add this possibility.
1st choice: actual behaviour
2nd choice: new behaviour
Maybe just numeric up/down - maximal jobs at once (like in download managers)
Old 17th February 2006, 19:01   #248  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

yes, when set to 1 use multithreading (if applicable) on a single encode. however since number of threads can be automatically set i dont think a numeric up/down would fit...
Old 17th February 2006, 19:03   #249  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
yes, when set to 1 use multithreading (if applicable) on a single encode. however since number of threads can be automatically set i dont think a numeric up/down would fit...
As you said before 2-slice AVC encoding is recomended for 1-core cpu too
Old 17th February 2006, 19:07   #250  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

uhm... an alternative would be:
1 - always use the "new" behaviour
2 - add a "optimize for multithreaded decoding" checkbox that will disable "1" and use the 2 (or more - autoset) slices for encoding
Old 17th February 2006, 19:11   #251  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
uhm... an alternative would be:
1 - always use the "new" behaviour
2 - add a "optimize for multithreaded decoding" checkbox that will disable "1" and use the 2 (or more - autoset) slices for encoding
And don't forget - there are multiple depended jobs sometime...
Old 17th February 2006, 19:21   #252  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

yes, sure. child jobs should be detected and non parallelized with parent jobs.
also stat files should be named with job names to avoid conflicts.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 17th February 2006 at 19:23.
Old 17th February 2006, 19:23   #253  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
yes, sure. linked jobs should be detected and avoided by "1".
Prerendering Job reques extensive HDD space - we can't run any Prerendering Job until previous Job output will not be removed from HDD
Old 17th February 2006, 19:24   #254  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

edited previous post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimzon
Prerendering Job reques extensive HDD space - we can't run any Prerendering Job until previous Job output will not be removed from HDD
or ensure there is enaugh free space.
Old 17th February 2006, 19:27   #255  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

@Sharktooth
By the way - i'm trying to connect directly with MeGUI developers and you via ICQ (sometimes it's better than forum or PM) but can't.
My ICQ UIN is 107321832
Old 17th February 2006, 19:29   #256  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

i lost my icq password some time ago and im not able to retrieve it coz the mail address i had specified is no longer existing.
however i'm always on MSN (tbcebola at hotmail dot com) and irc (#x264 on freenode).
Old 20th February 2006, 15:05   #257  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Request:
Add support for Audio encoding via Coding Tehnologies beacouse nero has problems with multichanel audio.
Old 20th February 2006, 15:21   #258  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@dimzon: I don't use ICQ.. never liked that bloatware.

Quote:
E.g. launch one single-threaded job per core, instead of launching one job and hoping it will use multiple cores
My haircut instantly turned to spike-style when I read that. The interdependencies nightmare is just too frightening. We can have intersecting logfiles, temporary output files and job interdependencies that you don't know about. E.g. it must not be possible to launch an audio dependent video job prior to completion of the audio job. Any interdependent job needs to run in the proper order (but you can break that by moving jobs around). Furthermore, what about progress during simultaneous encoding? What about picking the next ready job to be processed? Now suddenly you add another layer of dependency that is called "don't touch that series because it's being encoded by another "me"".
And then suddenly a job starter wouldn't just have to check for the usual, but check each input and output file for the proper read/write permission to ensure that encoding can proceed.. and then of course it can always happen that the check succeeds, and due to the multithreaded nature, the other job processor starts just in that instance, is a bit faster, goes through the checks as well, everything passes, and then once encoding starts, you have a big explosion because two processes try to write to the same file or one tries to write to a file the other is trying to read from.
Old 20th February 2006, 15:36   #259  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

lol... well... it's a bit tricky...
Old 20th February 2006, 18:36   #260  |  Link
Richard Berg
developer wannabe

On my multi-cpu machines, I just run 2 copies of MeGUI (from separate folders, of course, so the xml files don't conflict). It's not that hard, and won't be very common right now.

If we want to support the scenario within MeGUI, the best way would be to have multiple completely independent queues. Each would have its own tab in the UI and its own progress window.
Closed Thread