Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th March 2007, 06:57   #901  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Sweet, thanks. Trying it on KoH's audio now, will post results.

With KoH, the audio is two parts after demuxing, the second part would extract the core with mkvmerge fine, but the first part hung up about halfway through with an invalid DTS encoder header error and was unextractable for me. Hopefully this tool gets past it.

Any chance of a similar tool for DD+/E-AC3? As I understand, E-AC3 streams also employ a similar method where there's a regular AC3 core, but I haven't read the spec so I'm unsure.
Neo Fagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 07:08   #902  |  Link
Neo Fagin
Mmmmmmmmangoscam!

Code:
G:\>dtscore .\koh\part1.dts .\koh\part1-out.dts
Frame length 2012 bytes, Sample Rate 48000, Bitrate 1509750
Offset 1527602371    Illegal sync byte found and skipped! This is not an error!
Offset 1910398788    Illegal sync byte found and skipped! This is not an error!

G:\>
Ah-hah, this is what tripped mkvmerge up on part 1. This tool gets past it.
Neo Fagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 07:36   #903  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Fagin View Post
Code:
G:\>dtscore .\koh\part1.dts .\koh\part1-out.dts
Frame length 2012 bytes, Sample Rate 48000, Bitrate 1509750
Offset 1527602371    Illegal sync byte found and skipped! This is not an error!
Offset 1910398788    Illegal sync byte found and skipped! This is not an error!

G:\>
Ah-hah, this is what tripped mkvmerge up on part 1. This tool gets past it.

Glad to hear it helps on KoH :-)
For DD+/E-AC3, no chance very likely, since Dolby breaks the backward compatibility of legacy DD/AC3 software/hardware by designing new bitstream format and different bsid. Even if I can extract the 640Kbps 5.1 core, it is still undecodable by legacy product.
orbitlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 08:07   #904  |  Link
xc3ll

I've tried getting the video and audio to sync, but still no luck. I've tried two different methods to get the dd+ --> ac3 track to sync, but its always off. I'm using MKVMerge to merge the .mkv and the .ac3. Has anyone else had success with any method, and if so, what did you do?

Thank you.
xc3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 09:59   #905  |  Link
LOGiC

@all,

I need your help. I am still trying to get a dd+ track back to a normal .ac3 and I am not successful. Everyone in this thread is talking about Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2, but I am not able to find this one. Which product do I need to buy to get this one ?

I just have Sonic Audio MCE Decoder 4.1, but when I try to link a .ddp file via graphedit to this one, it takes a while and then Sonic HD Demuxer will be put between them and it will not work as the output file in .wav is just very small.

Thank you all for your help. This is driving me totally crazy.
LOGiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 10:20   #906  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGiC View Post
@all,

I need your help. I am still trying to get a dd+ track back to a normal .ac3 and I am not successful. Everyone in this thread is talking about Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2, but I am not able to find this one. Which product do I need to buy to get this one ?

I just have Sonic Audio MCE Decoder 4.1, but when I try to link a .ddp file via graphedit to this one, it takes a while and then Sonic HD Demuxer will be put between them and it will not work as the output file in .wav is just very small.

Thank you all for your help. This is driving me totally crazy.
read PM
MichalHabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 11:30   #907  |  Link
zgx

I have been trying out the ” DTS/AC3/DD+ source” filter that Orbitlee modified and it works great for DD+/E-AC3.

I have been thinking that Sonic Audio Decoder or Cyberlink Audio Decoder should be able to decode Dolby TrueHD. As it is right now it’s not really possible to connect such a stream in Graphedit with the audio decoders. Would it be possible to modify the source filter so that it works for Dolby TrueHD as well?
zgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 11:45   #908  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee View Post
So I wrote a small tool to extract DTS core from DTS-HD bitstream. Since I don't have any specs on DTS-HD extension bitstream(If I had it, I will know the exact length of extension bitstream), to avoid the sync word issue, I assume all frames in DTS core bitstream will have same frame length, sample rate and bitrate. I believe this assumption makes sense.
I've thought the same feature and I've started to build in to EVOdemux. It's a little bit harder to make this thing on-the-fly, so my question is now:
Does anybody want to use this function in EVOdemux?
Continue to work or not?
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 11:52   #909  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
I've thought the same feature and I've started to build in to EVOdemux. It's a little bit harder to make this thing on-the-fly, so my question is now:
Continue to work or not?
IMHO it's not necessary. But maybe it's just me?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 11:59   #910  |  Link
MichalHabart

xport

drmpeg,
your xport utility is great but is it possible to add there feature to export every track that is in m2ts file? I mean it is little bit time consuming to use it 5 times if you want to extract everything from it.
And one more, how are things moving with LPCM export? Would it be soon possible to extract it and save into multichannel file?

But despite this, still thank you for your great job
Old 8th March 2007, 12:13   #911  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHabart View Post
drmpeg,
your xport utility is great but is it possible to add there feature to export every track that is in m2ts file? I mean it is little bit time consuming to use it 5 times if you want to extract everything from it.
And one more, how are things moving with LPCM export? Would it be soon possible to extract it and save into multichannel file?

You have to wait for the GUI version... :-)
Old 8th March 2007, 12:26   #912  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgx View Post
I have been trying out the ” DTS/AC3/DD+ source” filter that Orbitlee modified and it works great for DD+/E-AC3.

I have been thinking that Sonic Audio Decoder or Cyberlink Audio Decoder should be able to decode Dolby TrueHD. As it is right now it’s not really possible to connect such a stream in Graphedit with the audio decoders. Would it be possible to modify the source filter so that it works for Dolby TrueHD as well?

Unfortunatley I have big trouble on implement this feature now.
1. No specs on TrueHD and DTS-HD yet.
2. Both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio are VBR instead of CBR. Gabest's source filter is designed on CBR only.
So there will be some difficulties.
Old 8th March 2007, 12:37   #913  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
Continue to work or not?
Why not?
Old 8th March 2007, 13:07   #914  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
2. Both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio are VBR instead of CBR. Gabest's source filter is designed on CBR only.
I thought TrueHD is similar to LPCM and it is lossless. This isn't true?
Old 8th March 2007, 13:10   #915  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
I thought TrueHD is similar to LPCM and it is lossless. This isn't true?
TrueHD is similar to MLP, it can contain standard MLP and the new format too.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:47   #916  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
Ok. Thanks for your quick reply . I guess I will have to wait with TrueHD and DTS-HD for now.
Old 8th March 2007, 13:57   #917  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
By using this graph you can extract LPCM tracks from m2ts files:

1. File Source (Async.) -> Sonic HD Demuxer -> Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 -> Dump

2. To get the channels right and convert it to wav in the process:

sox -r48000 -t .raw -c 6 -3 -s dump.raw dump.wav

I just deleted my Blu-ray test files but will rip a disc again and see if it's possible to skip Cinemaster Audio Decoder completely from the chain.
Old 8th March 2007, 15:21   #918  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgx View Post
By using this graph you can extract LPCM tracks from m2ts files:

1. File Source (Async.) -> Sonic HD Demuxer -> Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 -> Dump

2. To get the channels right and convert it to wav in the process:

sox -r48000 -t .raw -c 6 -3 -s dump.raw dump.wav

I just deleted my Blu-ray test files but will rip a disc again and see if it's possible to skip Cinemaster Audio Decoder completely from the chain.
This sounds good but how to extract only LPCM from m2ts? Is there some way to choose which track i would like to extract? I am not sure if sonic can demux LPCM :/
Old 8th March 2007, 15:49   #919  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
drmpeg,

Yes, I know it's not ideal. It was originally written for a hardware decoder many years ago, and targeted for one video and one audio stream output. Although it's certainly possible to demux all elementary streams, it won't be easy to implement with the current architecture of xport.

However, I do have an update for LCPM.

http://www.w6rz.net/xport.zip

Version 0.94 now defaults to demuxing all the channels of an LPCM track. I've added the -2 option to only demux two LPCM channels (like in version 0.93).

I tried the 6-channel output with sox, and it seems happy. I don't have a way to test the 6-channel .wav file.

Ron
Old 8th March 2007, 16:12   #920  |  Link
zgx

Quote:
This sounds good but how to extract only LPCM from m2ts? Is there some way to choose which track i would like to extract? I am not sure if sonic can demux LPCM :/
You just click properties on "Sonic HD Demuxer" and then you select the audio track you would like to demux.

But from what I understand from Drmpeg's post there is a now also another option to extract LPCM.