Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 15th July 2009, 03:01   #341  |  Link

AACSKeys will not work for newer discs. It only works for MKB version 1-10. Versions 11-14 do not work.
880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 08:56   #342  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I then tried copying the aacskeys.dll to the DumpHD directory to use the automatic approach but I have a Vista 64bit system and it couldn't load the dll (is there a 64bit dll out there?).
Before today, no. I have only a 32 bit windows and cross compiling did not work out of the box, but i found a nice guide how to setup that and cross compiled a 64 bit version today. But i cannot test if this version actually runs because i still don't have a 64 bit window available. If you would be so kind and test this version of aacskeys (please the standalone executable and the library) and confirm that it works i can release it. And while you are at it, can you test this dumpvid version too ?

But as 880 already said, these new versions won't solve your problem because you need a new Processing Key which isn't available yet, but you can solve my problem confirming that the 64 bit builds work .

Quote:
I then decided to continue using the method Doom9 had used and manually give aacskeys the VID.
Because you have a patched drive this wasn't necessary, in your case aacskeys can get the VID itself.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 16:15   #343  |  Link
drmih

I am happy to report that everything works fine at 64bit. aacskeys incorporated in dumphd, on its own and also dumpvid. With respect to my issue, now from within dumphd it is reporting the key as mk 12.

I know I could ask the question elsewhere but you know whats what - how can the programme MakeMKV process the disc?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 18:15   #344  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
I am happy to report that everything works fine at 64bit.
Thanks for testing. I have officially released aacskeys 0.4.0b and DumpVID 0.4a right now, see the first page for this thread for updated download links.

Quote:
how can the programme MakeMKV process the disc?
Well, Mike Chen would be the first person to ask this question but the answer is quite simple, they have a new Processing Key (like Slysoft does too). He has answered this question himself recently here.

Old 15th July 2009, 19:17   #345  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

The disc was only released yesterday? We only have processing keys for MKBv1-10.. v11, 12 und 14 are still missing and that's what new discs use.
Old 17th July 2009, 03:05   #346  |  Link
ni-cad

I'm running xp64 and Current version: 0.61 wont see my HD disc - AAWIL, what do I need to do to do exactly?

Can you give me specific step by step instructions?
ni-cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 19:05   #347  |  Link
KenD00

Let me guess, your windows doesn't "see" the disc too, right? You don't have an UDF 2.50 driver installed, windows versions prior to vista don't have one included. I don't know if there is one for XP 64, i think the Toshiba driver does only work on XP 32. Maybe installing a recording program that supports packet writing can help, otherwise i don't know where to get an UDF 2.50 driver for XP 64.

Old 17th July 2009, 19:15   #348  |  Link

I had luck with this thread: UDF 2.5 driver for WinXp 64-bit
Old 17th July 2009, 21:10   #349  |  Link
ni-cad

Awsome!

This is the first thing that's gone right for me in about a fortnight, it installed and works perfectly, thanks 880!!!

I can't extract the evo files yet though. I wanted to use DmpHD to ripp my evo files to my hard disc incase Anydvd wasn't remeoving the protection propperly, I thugh DumpHD might do a better job but even with explorer able to open and see the disc and all files contained on it DumpHD can't see the evo's, it only see's the folders none of the files etc.

The log reports the following errors:

Code:
DumpHD 0.61 by KenD00

Opening Key Data File... OK
Initializing AACS... OK
Loading aacskeys library... FAILED
no aacskeys in java.library.path
Direct key retrieval disabled, only keys from the database will be used
Loading BDVM... FAILED
bdvm.vm.BDVM
Automatic BD+ removal disabled, specify a Conversion Table manually to remove BD+ if necessary
I'm a bit lost here, is it only something to do with aacskeys? what steps do I take from here?
Old 18th July 2009, 00:12   #350  |  Link
setarip_old

@ni-cad

Hi!

It appears that only a U.S. version of "An American Werewolf In London" is in the HDDVD database (KeyDB.cfg) for DumpHD...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 01:07   #351  |  Link
ni-cad

Ah hey setarip.

yeah I have the UK version and I don't know how I'd go about finding out the key for it exactly.

I think I'm going to try and concentrate on converting the VC-1, I guess I'll leave this for now.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:09   #352  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni-cad View Post
I wanted to use DmpHD to ripp my evo files to my hard disc incase Anydvd wasn't remeoving the protection propperly, I thugh DumpHD might do a better job but even with explorer able to open and see the disc and all files contained on it DumpHD can't see the evo's, it only see's the folders none of the files etc.
I bet that both DumpHD and AnyDVD HD rip HD-DVDs correctly.

When you hit 'browse', DumpHD is looking folders or drives to read from or save to. Thus the dialog will hide files from you, but it can still see them.

The error you are getting is because the library for aacskeys is not in the DumpHD folder. Move the .dll and try again.
Old 18th July 2009, 03:06   #353  |  Link
ni-cad

The hdcp is deffinetly being removed by anydvd, but I still think there's some data from the evo that's missing, perhaps timestamps, I'm not sure.

I'll give DumpHD another shot just incase there is any difference, thanks for the pointer.

Last edited by ni-cad; 18th July 2009 at 03:46.
Old 18th July 2009, 04:51   #354  |  Link
KenD00

There is no HDCP on the disc, this protection is applied by your graphics cards. On the disc there is AACS and i am pretty sure AnyDVD HD does a decent job removing it, don't expect a difference in the result by using DumpHD.

There may be some differences depending on if you decrypted the disc on the fly or using the ripper and maybe AnyDVD HD resets the embedded cryptographic data differently then i do but in no case this should result in differences in the a/v streams.

Old 26th July 2009, 03:32   #355  |  Link
gottahavit

for those with v12+ disc, I don't know if this is commonly known yet, but dvdfab now has working blu-ray support again. Hard to tell but if I read it right the core rip functionality stays free after the trial, you just lose the avanced stream selection and conversion functions.
gottahavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 05:59   #356  |  Link
setarip_old

@gottahavit

Hi!
Quote:
if I read it right the core rip functionality stays free after the trial, you just lose the avanced stream selection and conversion functions.
No, after 30 days, you lose all BluRay functionality (As well as anything else, other than simple DVD ripping)...
Old 26th July 2009, 16:25   #357  |  Link
gottahavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@gottahavit

Hi!No, after 30 days, you lose all BluRay functionality (As well as anything else, other than simple DVD ripping)...
I'm not saying you're wrong and since I just grabbed my trial hasn't expired, but reading this tells me it should keep working.

From the download page(labeled free stuff):

"DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray". It copies entire DVD/Blu-ray movie to hard drive, and removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) and part of Blu-ray protections (AACS, BD+, RC, UOPS and BD-Live) while copying."

and when I run the app it shows me a screen listing the features saying they will expire except hd decrypter which it says never expires.
Old 26th July 2009, 19:11   #358  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
and when I run the app it shows me a screen listing the features saying they will expire except hd decrypter which it says never expires.
Yes - and the freeware program, DVDFabHD Decrypter, that will be the remaining active program, will only perform simple rips of standard DVDs...
Old 26th July 2009, 21:01   #359  |  Link
gottahavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Yes - and the freeware program, DVDFabHD Decrypter, that will be the remaining active program, will only perform simple rips of standard DVDs...
so basically they are lying when they say the free version is a simple version of the bluray to bluray software.

bummer, oh well
Old 9th August 2009, 07:28   #360  |  Link
happycase

Hi. I am stuck at the part where I have to start hammering with dumpvid, since I do not have a patched drive, but when I double-click the executable the program opens and closes quickly and I cannot access the commandline. Sorry if this has already been covered and I did try to solve this using the search feature.

I do not have a software player and am not sure if this is a contributing factor. Thanks in advance.
happycase is offline   Reply With Quote