Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st April 2009, 18:27   #321  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosswindz View Post
This might be a stupid question, is it possible that two movies different discs though have different DISC ID?
The disc id is the sha-1 hash of some file on the disc. A hash is a mapping of an input of arbitrary size to a fixed size output. The instance where two different inputs (files in this case) have the same hash is called collision. Because the file the hash is calculated from is much larger than 160bits (hash length) lots of collisions are unavoidable. In general there are infinite many files which have the same sha-1 hash.
I hope this helps.
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 19:57   #322  |  Link
krosswindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by loo3aem3ON View Post
The disc id is the sha-1 hash of some file on the disc. A hash is a mapping of an input of arbitrary size to a fixed size output. The instance where two different inputs (files in this case) have the same hash is called collision. Because the file the hash is calculated from is much larger than 160bits (hash length) lots of collisions are unavoidable. In general there are infinite many files which have the same sha-1 hash.
I hope this helps.
I am sorry I didnt frame my question properly, I have the same movie but two different discs, both are giving me different DISC ID's in dumpHD. Though one was tried out in Windows and the other on Linux or completely different machines. I am just wondering if this possible. I thought there must be some form of a 1-1 mapping between the DISC ID and the keys.
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 20:21   #323  |  Link
loo3aem3ON

Quote:
I have the same movie but two different discs, both are giving me different DISC ID's in dumpHD
If the disc id differs then either it was calculated in different ways (unlikely) or the discs are different. Have you compared the language tracks of both movies?

Quote:
I thought there must be some form of a 1-1 mapping between the DISC ID and the keys.
From what i wrote in my previous posting you should be able to see that it's possible that two different movies (encrypted with different keys) have the same disc id. If you think such a collision is unlikely then search for "birthday paradox".
loo3aem3ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 21:33   #324  |  Link
krosswindz

Quote:
If the disc id differs then either it was calculated in different ways (unlikely) or the discs are different. Have you compared the language tracks of both movies?
They are the same movie and everything is same, both were bought together from the same store.

Quote:
From what i wrote in my previous posting you should be able to see that it's possible that two different movies (encrypted with different keys) have the same disc id. If you think such a collision is unlikely then search for "birthday paradox".
I know that the collisions are possible, but I felt since it was SHA-1 hash the collisions at such an early stage might not be possible. I dont have to search for birthday paradox, I remember it from my undergrad probability and statistics course
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:02   #325  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
They are the same movie and everything is same, both were bought together from the same store.
Even in that case its possible that both movies are from a different production batch. The production plant should use random values for the keys when creating the master, even if they don't they are forced to use the mot recent MKB version available which would lead to a different unit key file (and therefor a different DiscID). However, quite strange that you got two different discs together, but regarding the number of available discs the birthday paradox works better here .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 17:32   #326  |  Link
kyoshiro378
vero

how to use dumpvid for BR ripper?
how to use volume key at BR ripper
kyoshiro378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2009, 02:08   #327  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD 0.61

After quite a while a minor update to DumpHD. A long time ago someone made the request to support comments inside key entry lines of the KEYDB file, i always wanted to add this with a next release but i never found the time to work on DumpHD. Now that i have compiled new database files from the key threads and some of the posted keys contain comments i finally implemented this feature.

This and a little improvement in detecting wrong key entries are the only changes i made, grab the new version from the first post of this thread.

Old 4th June 2009, 14:32   #328  |  Link
TheMatrixx

Hi KenD00, you're now on Softpedia Linux:

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multi...HD-48211.shtml
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multi...er-48212.shtml
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multi...ys-48213.shtml
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multi...ew-48214.shtml
Old 5th June 2009, 19:38   #329  |  Link
KenD00

If they would add the tools to their mac section too they would be finally complete . The crappy DumpHD GUI looks really nice on OSX.

Edit: Oh, they added at least DumpHD there, looks like they processed my notification quite quickly. VideoHelp doesn't seem to be that fast, they still say windows only .

Last edited by KenD00; 5th June 2009 at 19:49.
Old 15th June 2009, 02:14   #330  |  Link
drkrvn32

OSX [and leopards]

Yes, 10.5.7 to be exact.

It even reads a UDF such as a Blu-ray with the updates recently.

No luck with compiling aacskeys as I need openssl and can't build that at the .9 release.You can do it in Tiger,though[10.4.xx].

Ok, some notes:

The shared lib for .40 you cant use.It crashes the JVM.BUT.....
The console binary file works.So with some minor fiddling that I otherwise wouldn't do on linux to the keydb file, dumpHD works LOVELY.

You have to use the command-line util and adjust the keydb,then run DumpHD.Its the only way to rip discs that are not already in the database.

You need the .6 Java release binary called 'soylatte' to run DumpHD.Add a link and export the path in your bash_login script[hidden] and re-login.

That fixes that.We can rip now. THANK ALL OF YOU.

I'm on a Intel hackintosh if it matters.Have tested on Ubuntu [8 and 9] and it works even better.With tsMuxer for OSX and a MPlayer SVN copy[recent] we now can play Blu-ray ahead of Apple's intended upgrade to the DVD or HD player.We beat Apple to the punch.

I went ahead and got a more recent version of the GUI OSX Mplayer app.For mencoder, use the command-line, nobody has built a GUI model in some time for intel systems.

YOu do need and I have a LG with flashed firmware to do this.Its the same one everyone is raving about and you can get it at Best Buy for about $150.

Forget emulating windows for AnyDVD HD.[Nevermind the fact a hackintosh has no VM kernel mode.]It can't be done and you are wasting your time doing it this way.If this is all you boot into windows for via boot camp, feel free to remove windows.

I have optimal h264 ffmpeg commands to produce 720p downconverted mp4 output if anyone cares. Will test TrueHD audio removal with tsMuxer in a moment, just thought yall should have something to work from.

I have the DEMO disc,Jumper, and a few rented MKV9's around here if anybody needs testing.

I remove my rentals when done watching them, they play better from the hard drive than a stream[broken audio issues], so don't ask for copies.

The stream from disc method with dumpHD and mplayer as a pipe does work, though.On discs with non-broken audio or AC3 only, this effectively becomes a 'blue-ray player'.Nice to see such efforts.No transcoding needed for this and playback starts about a minute after the pipe begins.

Playing around with some MP4 compression setting ATM to find mplayer's optimal or another program under OSX that does similar and produces flawless 720p output, as ffmpeg crashes on anything over 640i.What settings work natively on OSX are iffy as it is, most of mplayer/mencoder codecs are not implemented properly on OSX.I have a demo download that can do it with quicktime output of all things for those interested.

On ppc mac, he he he... I have a 600 g3.It takes 8 hours to do what my iHack can do in 45min with a DVD.I won't get started with blue-ray.I need a external sata compliant to Firewire bracket to test and see how it works.[possibly a UDF 2.5+ driver for OSX Tiger as well.THis comes with 10.5.5 and above in a system update.]
drkrvn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 03:30   #331  |  Link
drkrvn32

Osx

Just about have it.Audio is clear as day and I can confirm that tsMuxer pulls down the TrueHD to AC3 Perfectly.You have to downconvert the TrueHD,then paste together the m2ts files with tsMuxer,though.I didn't do that on the DEMO chapters yet as the first chapter is Ac3, and some seem to be TrueHD.They can be mixed within a movie for some reason.

You do have to pickout manually the biggest files, I can't seem to get bdsplice to build yet.

Still looking for 263/264 or mp4 audio, maybe the libs from Fink can help here with mencoder, which seems to be the free encoder of choice.

iSkysoft Video converter on xvid settings gets darn close.Not bad for commercial ware.
Both are set at 5000k (5MB)/sec vbitrate.

FFmpeg cant hold a candlestick, let alone light it.It crashes before it gets the chance.

EXCELLENT work.
drkrvn32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 02:51   #332  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrvn32 View Post
No luck with compiling aacskeys as I need openssl and can't build that at the .9 release.You can do it in Tiger,though[10.4.xx].
Hmm, IIRC OSX ships with an openssl library which lacks ECDSA support. Have you tried to compile aacskeys with the included openssl library (you need to un/comment the corresponding lines in premake.lua and disable ECDSA code generation)?

Did you try to compile the original openssl tarball or have you used the one from macports.com?

Old 4th July 2009, 11:03   #333  |  Link
trojanfoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
Hmm, IIRC OSX ships with an openssl library which lacks ECDSA support. Have you tried to compile aacskeys with the included openssl library (you need to un/comment the corresponding lines in premake.lua and disable ECDSA code generation)?

Did you try to compile the original openssl tarball or have you used the one from macports.com?

Fedora are in the same boat - their openssl (and RHEL as well I guess) lacks EC support. In order to enable it I had to download the Fedora openssl SRPM and also the original openssl-0.9.8k.tar.gz from openssl.org and hack about with the .spec file and the scripts used to disable the support. Took a couple of hours, but once it was done everything worked fine.
trojanfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 19:16   #334  |  Link
happycase

If someone could look at my log file and tell me where I am going wrong I would very much appreciate the help.

DumpHD 0.61 by KenD00

Opening Key Data File... OK
Initializing AACS... OK
Loading aacskeys library... OK
aacskeys library 0.4.0 by arnezami, KenD00
Loading BDVM... OK
BDVM 0.1.5

Initializing source...
Disc type found: Blu-Ray BDMV
Collecting input files...
Source initialized
Identifying disc... OK
DiscID : 6775F006F674B12836CA685267C96AB8BEE12D81
Searching disc in key database...
Disc not found in key database
Retrieving keys from source...
aacskeys 0.4.0 by arnezami, KenD00

Current path: C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Blu Ray Softwar
e\dumphd-0.61

MKBv: 4
Processing key: F190A1E8178D80643494394F8031D9C8
Encrypted C-value: EC100AA3801E0A5217901E08A2CD8E47
Corresponding uv: 000000A0

Decrypted C-value: E4C399C911E71D72DDB2AD299205BABD
Media key: E4C399C911E71D72DDB2AD299205BA1D

Encrypted verification data: 659767BFAB127C4CD208733EA919F3C4
Decr verif data should be: 0123456789ABCDEF
Decrypted verification data: 0123456789ABCDEFEB048AFFBF8B5060

Drive FW info: 1.10 Sep18,2008
AACS Version: 01
Number of concurrent AGIDs: 1
Supports BN generation: YES
BN Block Count: 1
Inserted medium AACS protected: YES

AGID: 00

Host Private Key (Hpriv): 4737676058D7029452514F0AB186DC4CCA8C578F
Host certificate (Hcert): 0200005CFFFF0000000C00006E3DEB679B9A16AD
FAA8E30878767BA6EB2A9B415385AD1181B4446C
31E9A5DD2AB808B364FF15885BAC490964318C9B
F8029FCF76F688A54FBDA03F6D9332EF04E5A613
12DA85880A4D9CBB79D8602E
Host Nonce (Hn): 2923BE84E16CD6AE529049F1F1BBE9EBB3A6DB3C

AGID: 00

The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

ERROR: SENDHOSTCHAL: SK: 0x5, ASC: 0x6F, ASCQ: 0x00, errnr: -2

aacskeys ERROR: SENDHOSTCHAL: SK: 0x5, ASC: 0x6F, ASCQ: 0x00, errnr: -2
Failed retrieving keys from source

It looks like I'm missing one small step.
happycase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 19:19   #335  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

patch your drive (if is supported...)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...light=firmware

Last edited by sl1pkn07; 12th July 2009 at 20:31.
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 19:36   #336  |  Link
happycase

It doesn't look like my Sony/NEC Optiarc BC-5100s is supported. Am I basically out of luck for the time being?
happycase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 19:54   #337  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Check out the first post.. it has instructions (or rather.. links to) on everything from dumpvid (to get the volume id without patched firmware) to BD+ removal. And next time remember that this is part of rule 1.
Old 13th July 2009, 10:12   #338  |  Link
3ds

I would be try DumpHD, but i get only this error:
Quote:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I used jre 6u14
3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 15:19   #339  |  Link
KenD00

A little more information would be quite useful. What OS do you use (windows/linux/osx), how did you start DumpHD? It looks like your java installation is broken somehow, it can't find it's base classes, maybe you should reinstall it.

Old 15th July 2009, 00:25   #340  |  Link
drmih

I'm giving this a go for the first time since HD-DVD, so go easy with me.

Having (hopefully) read everything carefully I set about trying to determine the keys for a set of discs. I have a patched H20L so was able to get the DiscID and VID relatively easily for both discs. I then tried to use DumpHD and it couldn't find the keys in the database - not suprising as the disc was only released yesterday. I then tried copying the aacskeys.dll to the DumpHD directory to use the automatic approach but I have a Vista 64bit system and it couldn't load the dll (is there a 64bit dll out there?). I then decided to continue using the method Doom9 had used and manually give aacskeys the VID. At this stage I got:

"Could not find a Processign Key or Device Key resulting in the Media Key"
keys tried.....
ERROR: PROCESSMKB, errnr: -3

Is this where I just run out of luck or should I be able to get the VUK but am just missing something?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote