Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th September 2002, 21:23   #1  |  Link
Carlos Garcia

Is keeping your DVD-Rs in a DVD changer a good thing?

I just ordered a 300 disc Sony DVD changer so that all my DVD-Rs can live inside the machine. I was wondering if this is a good thing. Can the heat inside the disc changer eventually damage the DVD-Rs? Does anyone here have a disc changer? Does it get very hot inside the machine, where the discs are mounted?

CG
Carlos Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 00:33   #2  |  Link
Commander XJL

I have a disk changer, but I don't leave disks in it. I doubt you have anything to worry about, the disk being played is under more heat than the ones that are just sitting there, and since playing them doesn't hurt them I doubt leaving them in there will hurt them either. How you ever gonna find what movie is what?
Commander XJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 00:42   #3  |  Link
Carlos Garcia

Hi Commander, here's the model I've ordered. It sounds like it will be a pretty organized unit that can make finding titles pretty easy. I'm all about trying to save space, so if I can put my whole DVD library in the machine and clear out space, I'll do it! Check out the link:

http://www.oade.com/Home_theater/son...DVPCX875P.html
Carlos Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote