Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th February 2006, 13:42   #381  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Oh sorry. I had changed my previous postt, without reloading the side. (Look Edit2)

I use the last Beta-Version under XP. Preview is thus v2.1. I tried all Finals out up to the version 0.5.6 back - always the same.

Quote:
Then do the same test but using "Preview Full Domain VOBs".
Functioned not. Thus like described above not if I start over the Context menu.

Last edited by mad-eddy; 28th February 2006 at 13:46.
mad-eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 01:55   #382  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-eddy
Edit2: I could limit the problem in the meantime. If I pgcedit simply start and afterwards a project over the menu open function it. I mostly work however differently. I normally right-click on a Ifo and open the project over the Context menu. Now I do not know whether Pgcedit is appropriate at all for it. However with some projects everything functions without problems.
Yes, PgcEdit can be started that way. You can even associate the IFO or BUP files with PgcEdit (with the Options -> Install menu options.) The problem you have should not be related to the way you open the DVD.

Try this:

- Remove binversion.tcl from the bin subdirectory of your PgcEdit's install dir. It will force PgcEdit to recreate the bin files in that folder the next time it is started.

- Rename the folder C:\documents and settings\Application data\PgcEdit to something else. (The PgcEdit setups are stored in this folder. If you want to restore them, delete the newly created PgcEdit folder, and rename the backup to PgcEdit.)
Note that Application Data is normally an hidden folder, so, you might have to change the Hidden Files and Folders option in the Folder Options control panel to be able to see it. Also, it might be translated in your language by Windows. (M$ is so stupid!)

Launch PgcEdit now. Maybe it will work fine.

Try also to disable the preview DirectDraw Overlays (in the preview menu.)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 07:57   #383  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
Yes, PgcEdit can be started that way.
I had forgotten completely. "Associate PgcEdit with Ifos" is set.
Quote:
The problem you have should not be related to the way you open the DVD.
Very strangely it does not function, if I use "open DVD with PgcEdit". Otherwise it goes. (I repeat myself... )
Quote:
Try this:
- Remove binversion.tcl ...
- Rename the folder ...
Try also to disable the preview DirectDraw Overlays
Everything tries. Does not help unfortunately.

Quote:
Note that Application Data is normally an hidden folder...
Thanks, i know. I know Win somewhat.

Quote:
(M$ is so stupid!)
Dito.

Once again thank you very much for your effort!

Edit: I become crazy! What is called become...?

I it found. That you believe me reliably none... : The folder in that the VIDEO_TS folder is, has in its designation a "Ä". It is completely all the same whether "ä", "ö" or "ü". I do not believe these letters give it in the French or English?

So something stupid. All this stress only, because of 3 special German letters.

Last edited by mad-eddy; 1st March 2006 at 08:58.
Old 1st March 2006, 10:09   #384  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oh, yes! I forgot about that. PgcEdit has problems with some special characters. Sorry.
BTW, perhaps I've found a way to fix those strange problems. Maybe the next release will allow to use foreign characters in filenames.
Old 1st March 2006, 10:22   #385  |  Link
salkku

Hello all

Shouldn't the pgcedits "find jumps to nowhere"-function check cell links/jumps/etc too? ( After all, they are part of the 'jump'-definition too, right? )

At the moment, pgcedit doesnt check cells, but I certainly would like to see such feature.
salkku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2006, 10:58   #386  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That's right. Currently, PgcEdit's Find Jumps to Nowhere function is based on the Calls Cross Refs function, which lists only the references from PGC to PGC. It's a relatively big work to add the checks for elements inside the PGCs (cells, programs, chapters), but I'll put it in good place in my todo list.

I could also add a check for refs to nonexistent menu buttons.
Old 1st March 2006, 14:00   #387  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Quote:
Oh, yes! I forgot about that. PgcEdit has problems with some special characters. Sorry.
Half so badly.
At first I had been dreadfully annoyed, which I had not already long noticed the reason. In the meantime I must laugh at it, because so a little thing led to so large headache.

You need to make yourself therefore no work. At least not because of me. I know now on what I must eighth.

Another question:
If I change commands in the menu editor, always get I despite expert mode this popup. "Modify the command for the 2 groups? ...etc."
Is there the possibility this to integrate into the expert mode? Only if it does not make too much work and you consider it for meaningfully!
Oh.. The same applies to popups if one the "Delete last Pgc in Domain" implements.

Hmm. In addition another idea. Would it be possibly simpler, if one would integrate a selection menu for the expert mode? Therefore, where the popups that no longer appear be supposed to be voted out can.

Nice day.
Old 2nd March 2006, 00:54   #388  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
If I change commands in the menu editor, always get I despite expert mode this popup. "Modify the command for the 2 groups? ...etc."
Is there the possibility this to integrate into the expert mode? Only if it does not make too much work and you consider it for meaningfully!
Oh.. The same applies to popups if one the "Delete last Pgc in Domain" implements.
OK. Done. I think also that it's annoying to reply to the same question again and again. Now, in expert mode, this dialog is skipped, but only if the commands are identical in all groups.

The dialog in Delete Last PGC in Domain is shown only the first time you use the function. Therefore, if you delete more than one PGC in the same PgcEdit session, you will be warning only once. I prefer to leave this dialog, since this operation is potentially dangerous.

Quote:
Hmm. In addition another idea. Would it be possibly simpler, if one would integrate a selection menu for the expert mode? Therefore, where the popups that no longer appear be supposed to be voted out can.
I don't understand exactly what you want. Do you mean some sort of "Don't show this dialog again" option? If it's the case, it's a little bit difficult to implement, because I have no way to add a checkbox to the standard yes/no or ok/cancel dialogs.
Old 2nd March 2006, 02:30   #389  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Quote:
OK. Done. I think also that it's annoying to reply to the same question again and again. Now, in expert mode, this dialog is skipped, but only if the commands are identical in all groups.
Ok, great. Thanks!
Quote:
The dialog in Delete Last PGC in Domain is shown only the first time you use the function. ...
Is correct however.

Quote:
I don't understand exactly what you want. Do you mean some sort of "Don't show this dialog again" option? ...
No. (Hmm. I seh already, my English is shits.) To explain I attempt it differently.
See into the menu-bar of pgcEdit. For example: Options -> User Interface. In the menu "user interface" different functions are enumerated, which one can switch off/on there. Of as a Submenu as "User Interface", I thought also for the expert mode. In this one could enumerate then all Popups to make over these possible on or switch off. I believe this for advanced users am very comfortable. | That is only one idea! Could be useful...

I hope I it now better explained.

Greeting
Old 2nd March 2006, 02:49   #390  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, I understand. But it's a lot of separate variables to maintain, and many lines of code to change. I don't think I'll do that, at least for now. Sorry.
Old 2nd March 2006, 03:01   #391  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Quote:
But it's a lot of separate variables to maintain, and many lines of code to change.
I thought that am simpler. I understand naturally it the more important gives.
Thanks for the attention.

XXX
Old 2nd March 2006, 13:12   #392  |  Link
Drinken

Quote:
The dialog in Delete Last PGC in Domain is shown only the first time you use the function. Therefore, if you delete more than one PGC in the same PgcEdit session, you will be warning only once. I prefer to leave this dialog, since this operation is potentially dangerous.
How about checking the comment to see if the last PGC is marked as unreferenced, if it is, delete it, if it's not... give a warning and don't delete?
Drinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:18   #393  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

That's possible, but the function to check the unreferenced PGCs can be very slow, when there are many PGCs with many commands. Using it just to test if a dialog must be displayed is a bit too much, especially if the user wants to delete several PGCs.
Old 3rd March 2006, 15:05   #394  |  Link
Fallen

In Titlewriter -- Removed VMG_VTS_ATRT dummy entries and rewired all jump calls beyond existing VTS's in VMG ifo pgc's/vob menu buttons to first VTS.
The dummy Technique is legal and works but rather trivial to change. (Actually the code base got 2K smaller)

FAllenAngel

Last edited by Fallen; 3rd March 2006 at 15:09.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:04   #395  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Good news, FallenAngel.
I have also modified PgcEdit so that the multiple titles numbers created by the previous releases of TitleWriter are now supported. However, it's difficult to fix all potential problems with some specific functions. I'm glad you did the work!
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:55   #396  |  Link
Edsel

Hello, got several questions here.

Is there a known problem with 0.6.3.1 no longer closing Imgburn 1.0 after a succesful burn? Older versions used to close it no problem.

I also get an iso creation window every time now, instead of only on errors. The "always show creation log" is not checked. Is there another option to turn this off? I can't seem to find one. I'm wondering if this is related, since the window pops up it can't close Imgburn, etc.

Request: I really wish the Image Size check command would *include* the dvd rom files, not exclude them. Telling me "Hey, it'll fit, but I haven't counted a bunch of stuff" really does the user no good.

On a related note, I've got a disk with some dvd-rom files I want to include, but it can't build an iso succesfully. The directory tree is deep, files located in \common\win\lang\en\scrview\images etc, and the generated iso says that some files have been ignored (verified by opening the iso). The log file says to add -D or -R to mkisofs, but if I try and add them to the Burn Iso Setup, it just generates errors because PGCedit can no longer find the exe file. Adding quotes " just confuses it more.
Edsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 23:37   #397  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel
Imgburn 1.0
You know however already, it in the meantime the "version 1.2." gives? Attempt nevertheless first times the new. It is possible, which is used to close another function with the newer versions.
Good luck.

Last edited by mad-eddy; 3rd March 2006 at 23:46.
Old 4th March 2006, 00:23   #398  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Is there a known problem with 0.6.3.1 no longer closing Imgburn 1.0 after a succesful burn? Older versions used to close it no problem.

I also get an iso creation window every time now, instead of only on errors. The "always show creation log" is not checked. Is there another option to turn this off? I can't seem to find one. I'm wondering if this is related, since the window pops up it can't close Imgburn, etc.
I haven't noticed these problems yet. Maybe it's because you are using ImgVurn v1.0. Try v1.2, as suggested by mad-eddy.
However, the ISO creation log problem is not related to ImgBurn, but I have modified the way mkisofs is called. Will verify if it's the cause of this problem.

Quote:
Request: I really wish the Image Size check command would *include* the dvd rom files, not exclude them. Telling me "Hey, it'll fit, but I haven't counted a bunch of stuff" really does the user no good.
The image size check includes the DVD-ROM files, but excludes the backup folders. Will verify it, too.

Quote:
On a related note, I've got a disk with some dvd-rom files I want to include, but it can't build an iso succesfully. The directory tree is deep, files located in \common\win\lang\en\scrview\images etc, and the generated iso says that some files have been ignored (verified by opening the iso). The log file says to add -D or -R to mkisofs, but if I try and add them to the Burn Iso Setup, it just generates errors because PGCedit can no longer find the exe file. Adding quotes " just confuses it more.
Yes, it's not possible to add user specified parameters. I'm not sure I'll add the -D or -R parameter, because it is not supposed to be used to create DVD-Videos:
Code:
-D  Disable deep directory relocation (violates ISO9660)
-R  Generate Rock Ridge directory information
Do you have copied the DVD-ROM files you want to burn from an original DVD-Video?

Last edited by r0lZ; 4th March 2006 at 00:26.
Old 4th March 2006, 07:52   #399  |  Link
Edsel

Quote:
I haven't noticed these problems yet. Maybe it's because you are using ImgVurn v1.0. Try v1.2, as suggested by mad-eddy.
However, the ISO creation log problem is not related to ImgBurn, but I have modified the way mkisofs is called. Will verify if it's the cause of this problem.
Yeah, I might do that. I tend not to upgrade software that works, and ImgBurn has been very steady for me.

Quote:
The image size check includes the DVD-ROM files, but excludes the backup folders. Will verify it, too.
We might be talking about different things. If I start the program, Open dvd folder, click Check DVD Size. It shows 2290213 sectors in compilation, 8283 free.

Close the program, copy some dvd-rom files into the folder, start again, open dvd folder, Check DVD Size shows the exact same numbers, 2290213 sectors in compilation, 8283 free.

Only once I click the Burn Dvd button does it show the correct numbers, 2293198 sectors, 5298 free.

I always use the Check DVD Size command first, to make sure it fits first, before using the burn command, and that's where it can be misleading. If that part ignores the dvd rom files, then there's not much use for the command.

Quote:
Yes, it's not possible to add user specified parameters. I'm not sure I'll add the -D or -R parameter, because it is not supposed to be used to create DVD-Videos:
Code:
-D  Disable deep directory relocation (violates ISO9660)
-R  Generate Rock Ridge directory information
Ok, I guess I'll just have to scrap 'em, or figure it out manually.

I re-ran it to get the exact message for you:

mkisofs log for DVD "X"
DVD-TEXT General Name: "X"
Provider ID: "DRMP 3.4"
Number of VTS: 13
Output file: "F:\ISO\X.ISO"
Volume label: "X"
Running under windows (OS type: Windows NT)

mkisofs 2.01x (i686-pc-cygwin)
mkisofs: Directories too deep for 'F:\DVDFILES/common/win/lang/en/scrview/pages/images' (7) max is 6; ignored - continuing.
mkisofs: To incude the complete directory tree,
mkisofs: use Rock Ridge extensions via -R or -r,
mkisofs: or allow deep ISO9660 directory nesting via -D.
mkisofs: Directories too deep for 'F:\DVDFILES/common/win/lang/en/scrview/upgflash/win' (7) max is 6; ignored - continuing.
The pad was 11 for file VIDEO_TS.VOB
The pad was 6 for file VTS_06_1.VOB
The pad was 6 for file VTS_07_1.VOB
The pad was 1 for file VTS_10_1.VOB
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 0
Total directory bytes: 49560
Path table size(bytes): 334
Max brk space used 1f000
2293139 extents written (4478 MB)

ISO created, WITH WARNINGS!

Quote:
Do you have copied the DVD-ROM files you want to burn from an original DVD-Video?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, but yes, on some backups, I like to also backup the DVD rom files, as there are ocassionally some extras that are worth keeping on the backup. Not often, but this time I wanted them.
Edsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2006, 11:04   #400  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Right, the DVD size function in the Files menu do not take the DVD-Rom files into account. But I like it as it is. This way, you can see the size used by the video files only, in case you have the intention to remove the other files before burning. Also, this function do not check if the DVD-Video files are in a VIDEO_TS subfolder, and must therefore exclude all files that are one level up.
Anyway, I think it's easy enough to check the size with DVD-ROM files with the burn function.

I don't understand how it is possible to have 7 nested directories on a standard DVD-Video, since it's not standard compliant. Hence my question. I wanted to know if you copied the DVD-ROM files straight from the original DVD to the root DVD folder. If DVDFILES is a new directory you have created to put the DVD-ROM files, it could explain the problem. Otherwise, it means that it is legal (or at least harmless) to have more than 6 nested directories on a DVD-Video. If it's the case, I could add the -D parameter. But maybe i'll break something else. I want to be sure it is really harmless.