Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 23rd May 2007, 23:27   #1  |  Link
jagdriver

BeSplit path length problem

Consider the following:

D:\Utilities\BeSplit\BESPLIT.EXE -core( -input "D:\Music\N-R\Frank Zappa\Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar\S_- 00.wav" -prefix "D:\Music\N-R\Frank Zappa\Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar\N" -type wav -r ) -split( 0 156 170 338 360 335 282 473 )

BeSplit can't handle the long input path and freaks out. But when I shorten "Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar" to "Shut Up 'N Play," BeSplit works fine. I'm not wanting to move the entire N-R\ folder structure up a level, thereby eliminating six characters comprising the Music\ parent folder, nor am I keen on renaming eacha nd every long path...this is supposed to be *automated*. What's the solution?
jagdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 15:59   #2  |  Link
jagdriver

My workaround is to copy BeSplit to the working directory (e.g., D:\Music\N-R\Frank Zappa\Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar), do the processing, then delete the BeSplit copy. Not elegant, but it solves the problem.
jagdriver is offline   Reply With Quote