Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th September 2004, 02:45   #81  |  Link
Yo

Re: RealPlayer 10, installation, performance, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by karl_lillevold

Codec Pack?
If you have ever installed a codec pack (RealAlternative) in the past, it appears to be necessary to first run r1pclean.exe.
I downloaded this app. On executing the exe. file in the zip file, the following error message resulted:

"This application failed to start because PNCRT.dll was not found".

Therefore, I don't think r1pclean.exe did anything, as all I saw was that error message.

Was a file called "PNCRT.dll" supposed to be in the zip file, but was missing? If so, please fix the uploaded zip file.

Or is it assumed that this file would already be on the system? Is it ("PNCRT.dll") part of RealPlayer, or part of RealAlt? (I already uninstalled both of those, but since you wrote that they don't become completely uninstalled, I was going to run your program as well.)

Please reply. Thank you.
Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2004, 03:39   #82  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Yo: The cleaner appears to be necessary only if RealAlternative's or RealPlayer's uninstallers fail. Like I wrote in the first post : "Uninstalling RealAlternative, via its uninstaller, before installing RP10, has also been reported to work." I think it should be OK for you to install RealPlayer at this point.
Old 26th September 2004, 06:16   #83  |  Link
Yo

Quote:
Yo: The cleaner appears to be necessary only if RealAlternative's or RealPlayer's uninstallers fail. Like I wrote in the first post : "Uninstalling RealAlternative, via its uninstaller, before installing RP10, has also been reported to work." I think it should be OK for you to install RealPlayer at this point.
Well, I'm not sure that either or both RP and RA were uninstalled correctly. I guess I can try installing, and see if I have problems.

Anyhow, do you know why I got the error message I did? What is PNCRT.dll?
Old 26th September 2004, 15:32   #84  |  Link
karl_lillevold

pncrt.dll is just RealNetworks' version of the C runtime DLL. If you still want to run the cleaner you can get pncrt.dll here. Unzip in windows\system32 or in the same folder as the cleaner tool.
Old 26th September 2004, 19:09   #85  |  Link
Yo

Quote:
pncrt.dll is just RealNetworks' version of the C runtime DLL. If you still want to run the cleaner you can get pncrt.dll here. Unzip in windows\system32 or in the same folder as the cleaner tool.
Thank you. I downloaded that, put it in the same folder as the cleaner tool, and executed the latter.

It opened in a command prompt, and in that I got a different error message:

"Cannot load setu3260.dll."

Now what do I do? Do you have that one on your site as well? And if I downloaded that and put it in the same folder, would I get yet another error message about a missing DLL?
Old 26th September 2004, 19:17   #86  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Yo: Please re-read the first post in this thread; the last part about the cleaning tool. It specifically mentions the lack of this DLL.
Old 26th September 2004, 22:25   #87  |  Link
Yo

Quote:
Yo: Please re-read the first post in this thread; the last part about the cleaning tool. It specifically mentions the lack of this DLL.
Here is what it says:

"Even though it reports "cannot load setu3260.dll" it does clean up the registry enough such that after this, RP10 runs fine after the installer completes."

Do you mean that even though that error message came on right away, and that it looked like the program didn't do anything, came immediately to that error message, it really did do something and cleaned the registry?
Old 26th September 2004, 22:36   #88  |  Link
karl_lillevold

yes.
Old 27th September 2004, 18:17   #89  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by S_O
I found bug in RealPlayer: I played a mp4 (in fact it is 3gp) in it, but always when I move the mouse over the video window, the video breaks, it becomes blocky, the colors are wrong, etc. Thatīs normally fixed when I move the mouse outside the video and the next I frame is there.
Here is the expected behaviour of RealPlayer for MPEG-4 content:

"The way our system works is that we use RN's MPEG4 plugin if it is on the user's machine, QuickTime if it is not. If a user already has QuickTime, we don't send a missing plugin request since we already have the ability to play back the content. When playing the same content using the QuickTime application on that machine, is the behavior any better? In general we should be able to do as well as QT does."

As you can see, whether or not the Quicktime plugin is used depends on which is installed first. For MOV files, Quicktime should always be used, I think. I already have your 3gp example, which you report results in blocky video, but on my system plays fine using RN's plugin, whereas QT completely fails to play it. However, I do not have any MOV/MPEG-4 examples which exhibits the dialog box problem you describe. If you upload this to me as well, I will make sure bug reports are files for both problems. It would also be useful to know which version of Quicktime you have. Thanks.
Old 2nd October 2004, 17:43   #90  |  Link
karl_lillevold

FYI: There is a security update available for RealPlayer. Detailed description and updates available here:
http://service.real.com/help/faq/sec...928_player/EN/
(yes, RealPlayer sometimes has those too )
Old 17th October 2004, 21:32   #91  |  Link
S_O

I have a problem with RealPlayer: I never really use it, nearly only for embed-web-videos or testing. But now I noticed that the picture in RealPlayer is much darker than in Media Player Classic. I found out that the problem is the overlay renderer, it will output a much too dark image on my PC.
I found a switch in the hardware options in RealPlayer and I selected the less optimized versions with overlay disabled. Now image looks the same as in MPC, but when I resize player now, Iīll get pixels (like in QuickTime). Is there any way to use the renderer (VMR 9 renderless) Media Player Classic uses?
S_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2004, 21:41   #92  |  Link
karl_lillevold

RealPlayer should be using a standard overlay surface for h/w optimized playback. If you get pixelation when resizing, this has been turned off. If your overlay surface is too dark, maybe you can adjust it in the video card driver settings. On the systems I have tried (gets to be quite a few), RealPlayer video looks exactly the same as in MPC/Zoom Player/any DS player.
Old 17th October 2004, 22:34   #93  |  Link
S_O

Quote:
RealPlayer video looks exactly the same as in MPC/Zoom Player/any DS player.
When I switch to overlay in MPC it really looks identicall.
Quote:
maybe you can adjust it in the video card driver settings.
In fact there is a setting for it, but when I change it that overlay looks good, video in the other renderers doesnīt look good anymore. Either overlay or the others are broken.

Can I disable overlay and use VMR instead in RealPlayer?

P.S.: Any news from the player-team, because of the plug-ins?
Old 17th October 2004, 23:07   #94  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by S_O
Can I disable overlay and use VMR instead in RealPlayer? [
No, I am afraid VMR is not an option. RealPlayer does not utilize DirectShow, but has its own renderer, DirectShow independent.
Quote:
P.S.: Any news from the player-team, because of the plug-ins? [
I am sorry, not sure I understand. Is this question related to this thread? I posted the latest news there, but it does not hurt to repeat here in the Software Players forum and main RealPlayer thread:

"Well, I finally learned why auto-update to our own MPEG-4 Video plugins has always worked for me, and not for you guys.. It turns out RealNetworks decided this is a "Plus" feature, due to the MPEG-4 license fees that need to be covered for each download. As employees, we have free "Superpass", which includes all "Plus" features ... I should have logged out and auto-update would not have worked for me either.

In any case, for this reason I can not make the MP4 auto-update file widely available, but anyone who has trouble with MPEG-4 and 3GPP in their RealPlayer, can PM me their e-mail address, and I will e-mail you the file. Please include the sentence "I will not re-distribute", in your PM. If I get too many requests, offer may end at any time "

and I am afraid there exists no list of these auto-update "trigger files"...
Old 17th October 2004, 23:30   #95  |  Link
S_O

Quote:
No, I am afraid VMR is not an option. RealPlayer does not utilize DirectShow, but has its own renderer, DirectShow independent.
I yust installed a new driver for my graphics adapter, now I can change the overlay settings seperatly and was able to fix overlay display

Quote:
I am sorry, not sure I understand.
I was refering to the mail you sent me on wednesday. About the trigger-files. That this list doesnīt exist means I have to play 20 files yust to get RealPlayer install all plug-ins? Why do all the plug-ins do not show up in auto-update (let me guess, RealNetworks needs to pay everytime DolbyNet decoder is downloaded, so it can only be downloaded when itīs really needed)?
Old 18th October 2004, 00:24   #96  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Quote:
Originally posted by S_O
Why do all the plug-ins do not show up in auto-update (let me guess, RealNetworks needs to pay everytime DolbyNet decoder is downloaded, so it can only be downloaded when itīs really needed)?
This sounds like an accurate guess
Old 13th January 2005, 19:34   #97  |  Link
Winamp_Hater
I Hate Winamp

HELP

Help me, Please!
I use the RealPlayer almost two years (for all - mp3s, oggs and other video and audio formats)
But before two weeks I've installed a DFX plugin for RealPlayer 10.5.
I've uninstalled it, because I didn't like it.
But then.......
Every time I start RealPlayer , the computer begins to beat. When I stop the RealPlayer, It continues the beat (only for a second).
I've deleted the realscheduler and I've reinstalled the player a lot of times.
I don't want to use another player - I can's stand Winamp, WMP does not recognises so many formats......
Can you help me fix the problem?
Winamp_Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 18:49   #98  |  Link
bananacreamandpeca

Wow..,
is karl in any way involved with the realplayer rmvb codec?
I really like the quality. stays sharp and crisp can handle dark areas better than xvid. thanks.
I also want to start using rmvb, since xvid proves to be more
and more a decentralized p.i.t.a. with quality fluctuations and
because of many people messing with it and just takes too much of my time to try
enhance the xvid codec matrixes to encode certain parts of a video well.

I'll give realplayer a try
bananacreamandpeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 19:31   #99  |  Link
karl_lillevold

PC World: how to install ad-free clean RealPlayer

Yesterday and today Steve Bass posted a nice tutorial on how to get an ad-free RealPlayer, as well as how to install it cleanly, in his Tips and Tweaks column in PC World.

P.S. I should update this thread for RealPlayer 11, but there are not many changes in the topics covered here.

Karl.
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:25   #100  |  Link
real_

help me!!! please!!!

It about realOne player. I always liked design realOne player, but I would like to change something. Once for a long time I have downloaded the build of this player, and the line of time and the name of a song was below at once under buttons as in RealPlayer v 10 or v10.5. It was realONE and I don't like other builds since the tenth(RealPlayer10). But now I cannot find this build of a player. I have downloaded 15 builds of a realOne player and in them a line of information about time above.
I tried to change coordinates of a default skin in a file normal.vs->normal.xmb. But unsuccessfully.
Somebody can will prompt what I should change in its default skin? If here it cannot be discussed for any reasons, prompt please where I can ask about it also.
Please please help me with the decision of this problem, I any more do not know where will address, it is very important for me.
many Thanks.

Still I have an idea to make addition or plug-in to a player in the form of the menu or tray with a render choice, a digital zoom, a choice of the aspect ratio, etc. is possible similar was already developed, please leave the link to a resource.
And any suggestions please.
many Thanks to all.

Last edited by real_; 8th June 2009 at 15:32.
real_ is offline   Reply With Quote