Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 27th July 2016, 20:28   #21  |  Link
MWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
I'm not that kind to help johnmeyer for nothing, and obviously I'm not getting paid, so it's for my ego, John said that would make me a genius!

Fine, I was kidding... I just want some comfort from a stranger online, feels kind of pathetic now..
Vapoursynth or avisynth, that's excellent work.
MWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 22:16   #22  |  Link
poisondeathray

Before I try it and blow up a computer, what FPS and memory consumption are we talking about for "only" 1080p ? I know from past experience to ask. Your scripts should have a disclaimer

But thanks for putting the little #comments so I can eventually follow along
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 06:45   #23  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilson View Post
Vapoursynth or avisynth, that's excellent work.
you're a nice one, thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Before I try it and blow up a computer, what FPS and memory consumption are we talking about for "only" 1080p ? I know from past experience to ask. Your scripts should have a disclaimer

But thanks for putting the little #comments so I can eventually follow along
split the script and the performance will be acceptable

Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
import Vine
core = vs.get_core()

clp = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource("DJI Inspire Drone Video Long GOP Jerkiness .MOV")
clp = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clp,bits=32,fulls=False,fulld=True) 
clp = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clp,0,vs.GRAY) 
clp = core.fmtc.resample(clp,1920,1080,kernel="cubic",a1=-1,a2=0) 
clp = core.fmtc.transfer(clp,"709","470bg",fulls=True,fulld=True) 

pre = Vine.helpers.padding(clp,17,17,17,17) 
pre = core.std.Reverse(pre)+pre+core.std.Reverse(pre)
pre = core.knlm.KNLMeansCL(pre, 16, 8, 1, 6.4) 
pre = core.std.Trim(pre,269,537) 
pre = core.std.CropRel(pre,17,17,17,17) 
pre.set_output()

vspipe xxx.vpy pre.rgb -p

import vapoursynth as vs
import mvmulti
core = vs.get_core()

clp = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource("DJI Inspire Drone Video Long GOP Jerkiness .MOV")
clp = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clp,bits=32,fulls=False,fulld=True) 
clp = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clp,0,vs.GRAY) 
clp = core.fmtc.resample(clp,1920,1080,kernel="cubic",a1=-1,a2=0) 
clp = core.fmtc.transfer(clp,"709","470bg",fulls=True,fulld=True) 

pre = core.raws.Source("pre.rgb",1920,1080,src_fmt="GRAYS")

supv = core.mvsf.Super(pre) 
supd = core.mvsf.Super(core.std.MakeDiff(clp,pre)) 
vec = mvmulti.Analyze(supv,tr=16,blksize=32,overlap=16,search=3,badrange=-24) 
vec = mvmulti.Recalculate(supv,vec,tr=16,blksize=16,overlap=8,search=3) 
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 03:02   #24  |  Link
johnmeyer

I spent some time looking at what is involved in learning Vapoursynth, Python, etc., and downloading all the plugins. At my advancing age (Medicare is less than ten months away), the old question "can you teach an old dog new tricks?" has been answered, and unfortunately that answer is: no. It is way more involved than AVISynth.

So, despite the amazing results with the Vapoursynth script, I am back trying to fix this using tools I have somewhat mastered. I tried what StainlessS suggested, but rather than wrestle with automatically marking the discontinuity points, I instead simply created a duplicate at each point (I have a script in Vegas that lets me do this easily), and then used FillDrops() to replace the dup with a motion estimated frame.

I then played around with various denoisers. I spent quite a bit of time looking at Feisty's script, and his comments in the script about filtering based on spatial frequencies made me think of the old fft3DFilter that I haven't used for awhile. I've been using various sigma settings and have started to get something that is a little better than the original, although not yet in the same league with Feisty's results.

I'll keep plugging away at it for the next few days. If anyone has other hints or suggestions, let me know.

And, thanks again to Feisty. I'm truly sorry I can't figure out how to use your script.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 09:20   #25  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
I spent some time looking at what is involved in learning Vapoursynth, Python, etc., and downloading all the plugins. At my advancing age (Medicare is less than ten months away), the old question "can you teach an old dog new tricks?" has been answered, and unfortunately that answer is: no. It is way more involved than AVISynth.
there's really no big difference between avisynth scripts and vaporsynth(python) scripts I think..
both are "scripts" which is the programming language term for "super simple stuff", you get one, you'll handle the other one within half an hour reading the doc
I just think they simply cannot get any simpler, you'll know how simple vaporsynth scripts are if you ever tried to implement your idea with a C/C++ plugin instead of a script, most of the time it's like "how and why the fuck does it crash unexpectedly??!!" or worse, "why the fuck does the output look corrupted???", then you go debugging for like an hour or hours to trace the error and found out you forgot to move some pointer to the next line or something like that.. It's no longer about the algorithm and your idea and stuff, it's all about programming, and that definitely sucks for real
and age really doesn't matter, vcmohan is 80+ years old, approximately the same age as my grandpa, and he wrote quite a few vaporsynth plugins! RESPECT to him.
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote