Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th October 2007, 20:32   #1801  |  Link
tomos

yep. no probs.
tomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 01:17   #1802  |  Link
superx

Error : FilePath: F:\t\join\transformers1.avc.ves
Error Content: Value of Gaps_in_frame_num_value_allowed_flag is not supported in the BD standard

getting this error in scenarist any help to remove the flags.

Thanks
superx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2007, 07:21   #1803  |  Link
Konstantin

You can demultiplex EVO file with Elecard XMuxer.
www.elecard.com
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:05   #1804  |  Link
Taktaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
You can demultiplex EVO file with Elecard XMuxer.
www.elecard.com
Yes let's pay $60 for a DirectShow GUI because we're all retarded.

Or you can do it for free with Evodemux.
Taktaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 21:48   #1805  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
Error Content: Value of Gaps_in_frame_num_value_allowed_flag is not supported in the BD standard

Thanks
Same problem here. Would appreciate any help to get around this without recompressing.
Creator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 05:46   #1806  |  Link
doccabet

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post

Thanks
Well, I was able to remove the gaps flag from the transformers h264 stream, but more problems arose. In the h264 stream, if you use a hex editor to change 81 E0 08 to 01 E0 08, you will change the gaps header flag from 1 to 0. Note that this header flag is repeated ~19,000 times in the stream. I think you only need to change the first couple, but I changed them all.

However, once this is done, scenarist complains that FrameRateCode is not BD compliant. Im not exactly sure what FrameRateCode is, as it doesnt appear to be a part of the header structure. I used h264info to force a 30fps frame rate with no effect. same with 60fps. Also, playing the raw stream gave some dropout frames and some garbled frames.

Not sure where to go from here to fix the timing issues.
doccabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 08:32   #1807  |  Link
drmpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccabet View Post
Well, I was able to remove the gaps flag from the transformers h264 stream, but more problems arose. In the h264 stream, if you use a hex editor to change 81 E0 08 to 01 E0 08, you will change the gaps header flag from 1 to 0. Note that this header flag is repeated ~19,000 times in the stream. I think you only need to change the first couple, but I changed them all.

However, once this is done, scenarist complains that FrameRateCode is not BD compliant. Im not exactly sure what FrameRateCode is, as it doesnt appear to be a part of the header structure. I used h264info to force a 30fps frame rate with no effect. same with 60fps. Also, playing the raw stream gave some dropout frames and some garbled frames.

Does scenarist complain about "FrameRateCode" or is it really "fixed_frame_rate_flag" (which must be 1 for Blu-ray)?

Ron
Old 8th November 2007, 11:05   #1808  |  Link
d0ORk

Now I'm getting errors when I want to load the demuxed and rebuild evo into the haali media splitter in the Graphedit, but the original evos work...

Filter failed to load file. Der Medientyp dieser Datei ist unbekannt (Return Code: 0x80040240) (Mediatype is unknown)

Last edited by d0ORk; 8th November 2007 at 11:15.
d0ORk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 15:45   #1809  |  Link
doccabet

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmpeg View Post
Does scenarist complain about "FrameRateCode" or is it really "fixed_frame_rate_flag" (which must be 1 for Blu-ray)?

Ron

I looked into that. Scenarist complains about "FrameRateCode". I checked the fixed_frame_rate_flag and it was set properly. Elecard makes a nice utility to display the current state of all the header flags (Stream Analyzer).
Old 9th November 2007, 19:40   #1810  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:

Thanks a lot for this. I tried what you did and I have the same result of course. I wonder if this is the end of the road. I am no expert but it seems that FrameRateCode is just a number to indicate what is the framerate of the encoded video. It seems like the Transformers avc stream is encoded in a framerate that is compliant HD-DVD but not compliant BD. I don't think we can do much without recompressing everything? Unless some 3:2 pulldown thing can help?

Anybody knows what are the BD compliant frame rates. A program to see the framerate of a avc elementary stream would also help. Seems like stream analyzer does indeed not show this.
Old 11th November 2007, 07:32   #1811  |  Link
doccabet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1 View Post
Thanks a lot for this. I tried what you did and I have the same result of course. I wonder if this is the end of the road. I am no expert but it seems that FrameRateCode is just a number to indicate what is the framerate of the encoded video. It seems like the Transformers avc stream is encoded in a framerate that is compliant HD-DVD but not compliant BD. I don't think we can do much without recompressing everything? Unless some 3:2 pulldown thing can help?

Anybody knows what are the BD compliant frame rates. A program to see the framerate of a avc elementary stream would also help. Seems like stream analyzer does indeed not show this.

I am pretty sure transformers is 1080p60. I tried to force 30 and 60fps using h264info, with and without 3:2 pulldown, but it continued to be noncompliant.

One thing was curious - after forcing different frame rates, the frame related headers always stayed the same:

timing_info_present_flag = 1
num_units_in_tick = 1001
time_scale = 60000
fixed_frame_rate_flag = 1

Maybe if these were changed using a hexeditor... I just dont know exactly what the values mean.
Old 11th November 2007, 10:33   #1812  |  Link
honai

There is only one Blu-ray release so far (The Lives of Others/Das Leben der Anderen) which uses 24fps, all others are 23.976fps.
Old 11th November 2007, 11:16   #1813  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

honai, I heard that Infernal Affairs blu-ray (from Asia I think) uses 24 fps.
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 15:54   #1814  |  Link
Phorze

Quote:
I am pretty sure transformers is 1080p60. I tried to force 30 and 60fps using h264info, with and without 3:2 pulldown, but it continued to be noncompliant.

One thing was curious - after forcing different frame rates, the frame related headers always stayed the same:

num_units_in_tick = 1001
time_scale = 60000

Maybe if these were changed using a hexeditor... I just dont know exactly what the values mean.
Anyone found out more about this? Ofcourse the track is clearly 1080p24, yet every app reports 60fps.

I've been struggling for some time now trying to feed MeGui this track using evodemux and evo-demux. Also, evodemux doesnt seem to rebuild the track correctly (when merging the two evobs)
Phorze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 16:47   #1815  |  Link
honai

Didn't have any problems remuxing Transformers HD-DVD. What errors are you running into?
Old 12th November 2007, 21:02   #1816  |  Link
Phorze

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
Didn't have any problems remuxing Transformers HD-DVD. What errors are you running into?
I'll have to check later what's exactly going wrong but it seems only the cyberlink filters will connect to the haali source (merged evo) and it does play (very slow!) then Megui fails to import the avs.

Ill have to get back here to give full detail about the connections that fail and the megui error.
Phorze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:12   #1817  |  Link
Creator1

Quote:

num_units_in_tick = 1001
time_scale = 60000

Well, seems like others says the movie is 1080p/24fps, so I don't know what to say. As for the hex editing, I am no master in finding out values to replace. Maybe somebody can help us here in this thread? The goal is to make Scenarist HDMV recognize the avc elementary stream from Transformers as compliant.

One thing that is "special" about this release is that there is an VC-1 imbedded for the picture in picture stuff but it is seen as a separate track in evodemux so when you extract only the main AVC movie there should be nothing left out of the VC-1 720x480 PIP stream but who knows?
Old 14th November 2007, 11:54   #1818  |  Link
fbd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeBluRay View Post
Doesn't work for me. When I play the final movie it goes into high speed for a few seconds after the join.

I also find that the playback time values as displayed in PowerDVD are wrong (up to 50% too high) in any m2ts that has been through TsRemux.
Hi,

I have the same issue with 4 mixed m2ts.
My SetTopBox played only the first .ts and stop after.

In the m2ts, there are MPEG2 and DD5.1.
fbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 21:59   #1819  |  Link
kornesque

it's been a while since i've toyed with manipulating evo files...could someone refresh my memory on which filter one should use as source before say, the sonic HD demuxer? file source (async) isn't it, is it? thanks for the assist.
kornesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 01:51   #1820  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornesque View Post
...file source (async) isn't it, is it?...
Did you try to answer your own question by actually trying it?