Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 8th January 2010, 14:00   #161  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Without remuxing and it fails?

In PS3 mode m2ts files from 4GB+ playlists are numbered differently (not as in the original)... I tried 2 titles and they both play in my PS3 without any error. "Video cannot be played" - broken file... Can you play it in your computer?

Since PS3 functionality is important for me - I'll try to investigate more. Please try another disc and let me know. I just don't have much to test with. I don't have blu-ray burner and the only way to watch blu-rays is by using multiAVCHD re-author to transfer them to USB HDD.

Also - can you try to import this BDMV folder and process it in normal mode (answer with NO at the prompt for re-authoring mode).

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2010 at 14:06.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:29   #162  |  Link
cwh060

Sure, I will try and process it normally. Takes a bit to process and then transfer to my 32G USB.

Unfortuneately, I don't have any playback software on my computer. I simply use Media Player Classic x64 if I need to watch anything and select the MTS/M2TS file.

After my last post I went back and tried a couple more things. The current AVCHD folder on my USB stick has the unedited output. I replaced the MTS file with a 1sec blank video file (same characteristics) and then HEX edited the MPL adding AFC8 to 019BFCC0. The result was the same, so I'm thinking this has something to do with a BDJ object than an HDMV?

When playing the BluRay disc, the screen comes up with a picture of a disc playing before it hits the main menu. This is probably where it's failing. The 05 title might be after this. I'm not great with BDEdit reading the command structure, but this BDJ object appears to be called after some of the inital playback titles (warnings, trailer etc.)

cwh
cwh060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 14:33   #163  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post

In PS3 mode you'll get output suitable for USB HDD - it means that multiAVCHD will remux all playlists which contain playitems (m2ts) files larger than 4GB.

Introducing such feature to multiAVCHD aims mainly to make Blu-ray discs playable in Playstation3 using USB HDD (Blu-ray disc to USB HDD) without loosing any features (except the pop-up menu, which is not supported while playing from USB).

If the disc is BD-J authored, Playstation 3 will not play the USB output. If you use Blu-ray mode and burn to BD-R/RE it will work.

Java (BD-J) is not supported in AVCHD playback mode in Playstation3 (be it DVD or USB).

I guess I'll add a warning and/or will disable PLAYSTATION 3 button if multiAVCHD detects that the disc has BD-J titles.

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2010 at 14:43.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:02   #164  |  Link
cwh060

Sorry, I should have looked at the structure first. I knew BD-J wasn't available in USB output! My own fault.

...a warning followed by the only avaialbe options to process the disc using the menu creation tool in multiAVCHD and then AVCHD output.

cwh
Old 8th January 2010, 15:25   #165  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
Sorry, I should have looked at the structure first. I knew BD-J wasn't available in USB output! My own fault.

...a warning followed by the only avaialbe options to process the disc using the menu creation tool in multiAVCHD and then AVCHD output.

cwh
Yes... It is added in the latest update. There will be a prompt if the disc is BD-J and if the user intends to use it in PS3 USB HDD mode.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:34   #166  |  Link
cwh060

Quote:
Yes... It is added in the latest update.
Hm, I just tried this version.
Quote:
In the latest update you have 2 more features added:
And it started processing the Playstation 3 structure. Thank goodness you added Break/Stop! Although processing is very fast on my machine.

Did I miss one, or hasn't it been posted yet?

cwh
Old 8th January 2010, 16:04   #167  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The .exe link is always the same - just redownload, extract and replace multiAVCHD_724RC.exe.

The prompt for PS3 will appear only if the disc contains BD-J titles and we're talking only for the Re-author mode, not the normal authoring mode.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:29   #168  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
This is intentional and the original m2ts is not replaced with black-video, but such blanked playlists are cut to 0.062 (0.033 in latest exe) seconds and this is really short. For how long these warnings/adverts played?

I'm more interested if the re-mux part works and if the disc plays after the changes. I'll change the blanking method once I'm sure other things work.

Make sure to download the exe before each test.
I did not burn to BD-RE, but only tried playing back with PowerDVD and TMT3, and it all worked well. It was fast too! Original disc was 19.5GB. Reauthored was 17.6GB. Time to finish was less than 10 minutes.
I'll try a few more titles.
If the goal is for BD-R/RE burn/playback on my Sony S360 standalone, do I need to be concerned with Java (BD-J) type movies?

EDIT:
Sorry, just tried the latest build, message warning came up regarding PS3, clicked NO, and it is running now.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 8th January 2010 at 16:33.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 16:30   #169  |  Link
cwh060

Ok, I had Loaded the project rather than using the AVCHD/BDMV/DVD button, so it did not go through the scan again.

This time I used the AVCHD/BDMV/DVD button and the warning came up and indeed it will not let me blank anything. I answered YES to everything and it's now letting me Create a Playstation AVCHD output, but it did not resize down to 4mb? I hit stop, but it's still pushing through copying the m2ts files...might be a while.

Quote:
[10:22:45] Checking for available space and drive types (FAT32/NTFS)...
[10:22:46] Destination [F:]: NTFS, 671169.7 MiB (655.439 GiB) free space
[10:22:46] Temp folder [C:]: NTFS, 381466.86 MiB (372.526 GiB) free space

[10:22:46] Log started for multiAVCHD v3.0 (build 724)
[10:22:46] Selected output mode: Playstation 3 (USB/SDHC/MS)

[10:22:46] Processing 22 titles...
[10:22:46] Existing F:\multiOutput\AVCHD\ cannot be used as destination folder!
[10:22:46] Output will be written to: F:\multiOutput\AVCHD-20100108-102246
[10:22:46] Processing imported AVCHD/Blu-ray playlist...

[10:22:46] "Move transitional files" option is ignored!
[10:22:46] Input folder contents will be copied instead.
[10:22:46] Media transfer: 00011 -> 00000.m2ts
[10:22:47] Processing playlist...
[10:22:47] Title #1 added: "HARRY POTTER 6 "
[10:22:47] Verifying title...
[10:22:47] *** Detected main-path : [ID#0, IN: 00:10:00.000]
[10:22:49] Title has: 0 audio tracks and 0 subtitle tracks
Old 8th January 2010, 16:31   #170  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@Capsbackup: No, BD-J is a concern only for people like me who want to backup to USB HDD for PS3.

Redownload and try the same compilation (or another). Blanking is changed and playitems are shortened more than in the previous version.

@cwh060: I'm not sure what your question is... If it is related to the normal authoring mode - please use multiAVCHD's thread. Your compilation will work in PS3 and files will be split properly at the size set in AUTHOR tab.

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2010 at 16:33.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:46   #171  |  Link
cwh060

Ok, I was just testing the import of a movie with BD-J titles, which worked fine, the warnings came up.

I then went through the process of letting multiAVCHD process a Playstation 3 AVCHD folder. The author size is set at 4000, but the output m2ts eventually came out at 22G, the spitting to 4G did not take place.

The log clearly shows output at
Quote:
[10:22:46] Selected output mode: Playstation 3 (USB/SDHC/MS)
but the split isn't applied. Maybe I have another setting wrong somewhere.

cwh
Attached Images

Old 8th January 2010, 16:58   #172  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
@Capsbackup: No, BD-J is a concern only for people like me who want to backup to USB HDD for PS3.

Redownload and try the same compilation (or another). Blanking is changed and playitems are shortened more than in the previous version.
Tried same title again, with new version, and everything works/plays back fine on TMT3. The warning is displayed, for approx 1 sec or less.
Perhaps playback would be different on a standalone? I could try it if you think there is a benefit.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:15   #173  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
Ok, I was just testing the import of a movie with BD-J titles, which worked fine, the warnings came up.

I then went through the process of letting multiAVCHD process a Playstation 3 AVCHD folder. The author size is set at 4000, but the output m2ts eventually came out at 22G, the spitting to 4G did not take place.

The log clearly shows output at but the split isn't applied. Maybe I have another setting wrong somewhere.

cwh
You need to reload the folder and not use the saved project. Upon loading large playlists will be marked for full-processing with split applied. The log you posted doesn't show such thing. You can't use re-author project for normal authoring.

In normal mode titles are marked with [f] [p] [m]... in reauthor [s] [r].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Tried same title again, with new version, and everything works/plays back fine on TMT3. The warning is displayed, for approx 1 sec or less.
Perhaps playback would be different on a standalone? I could try it if you think there is a benefit.
One second is too much... All my tests (both in TMT and PS3) skip through blanked playlists really fast.

If you have BD-RE you can try and see what will happen. It is not possible to have 1 second video in these 240kb blanked m2ts files. Even mediaplayer won't play a second of them.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:56   #174  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
One second is too much... All my tests (both in TMT and PS3) skip through blanked playlists really fast.

If you have BD-RE you can try and see what will happen. It is not possible to have 1 second video in these 240kb blanked m2ts files. Even mediaplayer won't play a second of them.
It may not be a full second, I have no way to time it, but it is definately visible on the screen for this short burst. Not really a big deal, I have been living with them on my backups now anyway, but I guess I was expecting to see nothing that is blanked. I will burn to BD-RE later, see if there is a difference on the standalone.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:49   #175  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll do something else and will try to blank these with real blank m2ts file... It is that I'm worried that the more files are changed - the greater the chance something will break - that's why I wanted to keep the original mpls/clpi/m2ts files from the blanked features, but simply cutting the video to 1 frame + adjusting mpls and clpi files. There is a blank m2ts inside multiAVCHD's package and I'll enable it.

Let me do some testing and will get back to you.

Even with that, I think the re-authoring mode works okay and I can publish it as an official 725 build.

Blank m2ts will not work for complex discs, so I will not enable this method.

@Capsbackup: Give it another try after you redownload it and let me know if there is any difference. Original m2ts files are cut to ~40ms and I doubt that you would see much of the blanked stuff. At least here it is okay.

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2010 at 20:36.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:26   #176  |  Link
k-c-ksum

currently reencoding in bdrb. Dean you app managed to stip out 6 gig of un needed bloat. Top job. Now how do i edit the menus so it doest have a Sneek Peek option? is that possible as some menus just use text overlayed onto video
Old 8th January 2010, 20:28   #177  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@k-c-ksum: I'm glad it worked

For menu editing you'll need to wait another year I guess Or buy Sonic Re-Author oooor... just use multiAVCHD as it is.

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2010 at 20:33.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:32   #178  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiAVCHD_724RC.exe is no longer available.

Update your regular multiAVCHD application to build 725 - RE-AUTHOR mode is now available in the official build.

Thanks to crl2007 for the guide posted here and for the suggestions and tests during the last week. Please post your comments and problems in the guide thread, but limit only to re-author capabilities of multiAVCHD, not standard ones.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 9th January 2010 at 02:18.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:18   #179  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
It may not be a full second, I have no way to time it, but it is definately visible on the screen for this short burst. Not really a big deal, I have been living with them on my backups now anyway, but I guess I was expecting to see nothing that is blanked. I will burn to BD-RE later, see if there is a difference on the standalone.
Caps, did you have a chance to test with the latest (725++) build of multiAVCHD?

I added a lot of additional checks and now playlists are processed properly (I think )
Old 11th January 2010, 20:57   #180  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Caps, did you have a chance to test with the latest (725++) build of multiAVCHD?

I added a lot of additional checks and now playlists are processed properly (I think )
I did not try that version, but the previous one did shorten the warnings displayed to a quick flash with TMT3. The backup worked properly while playing back on the computer, but the burned BD-RE, while playing back on the Sony S360 standalone, would not. Well, it played thru the menu and let me select the movie, and then played the movie fine, but would not return to the main menu after completion of the movie. It just appeared to not continue, but did not stop either. It sort of "hung" in that position
I did not think I blanked anything menu related, but I may have. I will try that one again with the newest version.