Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th March 2010, 08:23   #1  |  Link
td854

Reaching AVC baseline profile in Avidemux

Ok I have a large number of 1080p h264 MKV files with multiple sub and audio tracks. I have a Motorola Droid. I need to hardsub the .ass in the MKV files to the video and encode it properly, so far I've tried a number of settings but I can't seem to reach baseline profile in the AVC x264 settings, there are just too many settings and I have no idea what the majority of them mean, I've looked at charts, it doesn't help. I have another file I converted with handbrake that didn't need hardsubs and I've used mediainfo to compare it, that file plays flawlessly on the droid, the closest I've come to playing a file on the droid with Avidemux is a very very corrupted playthrough of AVC main profile... I just want to reach baseline profile >_>; is it that much to ask T_T

If anyone can suggest a better option I'm welcome to try, using SRT in handbrake is not an option, and xvid4psp crashes when i load the .ass file. Honestly though, I'd rather just get some advice on how to reach baseline profile in Avidemux through the various settings, B frames are at 0, CABAC is off, 8x8 DCT transform is unchecked.
td854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 08:40   #2  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Weighted prediction --> off.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 08:49   #3  |  Link
td854

Trying that!

Edit: tried but didn't work, still main, still doesn't play right on phone, any other suggestion?

Edit2: got it to baseline by disabling all prediction, seems to play ok now, gonna do more testing.

Last edited by td854; 4th March 2010 at 09:25.
td854 is offline   Reply With Quote