Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd January 2009, 17:22   #21  |  Link
simbot41

hey idbirch2

this tool looks to be what I have been looking for.

trying to convert my HDdvds to ps3 format without much success to date.

When you say HD audio retained, TrueHD is still limited by tsmuxer correct??
simbot41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:39   #22  |  Link
idbirch2

Yes, until TSMuxer is fixed, I am using eac3to to decompress the TrueHD tracks to .PCM (you must also then run this PCM track through pcm2tsmu before TSMuxer will accept it).
idbirch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 10:58   #23  |  Link
simbot41

Cheers

Hey idbirch2

I am having no end of trouble getting my blu ray to work.

Bought Batman Begins, want to play it from HDD.

Ripped with AnyDVD HD and then tsmuxer but I retained TrueHD track. Split into 4gb chunks and use avchdme to make it ps3 compatible.

But no matter what I do it is unsupported. Is that due to TrueHD audio??

Cheers
Old 4th January 2009, 12:02   #24  |  Link
idbirch2

Unsupported as in it comes up as "Unsupported Data" on the PS3? I've gone through the exact same process with Batman Begins and I also tried keeping the TrueHD track the first time. The result was video but no audio. You must use eac3to to convert the TrueHD track to PCM. Then run that PCM file through pcm2tsmu then mux the video/pcm/subs using TSMuxer.

Just to be clear, you must also place you final BDMV folder inside a folder named AVCHD on the root of your USB device (which must be FAT32).
Old 4th January 2009, 12:16   #25  |  Link
simbot41

Quote:
You must use eac3to to convert the TrueHD track to PCM. Then run that PCM file through pcm2tsmu then mux the video/pcm/subs using TSMuxer
Cheers. reread initial instructions on folder so that works now.

So by using eac3to is it lossless? is there a easy GUI to do it?

Finally getting somewhere
Old 4th January 2009, 13:08   #26  |  Link
idbirch2

Yes, conversion to PCM is lossless. Check out the main eac3to thread here and the eac3to wiki here for detailed usage instructions. There's a GUI for it available here.
Old 4th January 2009, 15:23   #27  |  Link
odin24

Just a precautionary warning. Lately eac3to_and_more_GUI has been giving false positives on a lot of anti-virus programs.

Also with this GUI, when converting to PCM using "Eac3to Stdout" and running through Pcm2tsmu in one run, the commands for "Bits Per Sample" (-i ##), "channels" (-c #), and "Sample Rate" (-s #####) in the Eac3to Stdout tab is ignored. This could create a problem if your audio track is not any of the Pcm2tsmu defauts, 24bit, 6 channels, and 48kHz. I either copy the command line to a .txt file, edit in the ignored commands then run as a .bat file... but lately I just run everything from cmd.exe

EDIT: Unfortunatly nobody has heard from Yraen for a while to fix this small bug. If you do get a anti-virus warning please report it as a false positive to your antivirus provider.

Last edited by odin24; 4th January 2009 at 15:26.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 12:24   #28  |  Link
coolalibaba

Looks not working with my first try. It couldn't fix the file size of the second part. re-applying it again brought out an overflow error message window from fixclpi.

Edit: sorry, googled a bit and found it's a problem of fixclpi not compatible with non-ENU language OS

Last edited by coolalibaba; 5th January 2009 at 12:36.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 13:22   #29  |  Link
idbirch2

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for letting us know.

On a related note, I do find that occasionally, one of the .clpi files will be locked for some reason (I blame Vista) and when that happens, the hex edits fail and everything goes wrong. Everytime this has happened, I have found that creating the BluRay structure again and re-applying AVCHDMe works fine. If I get chance I may add some sort of check to trap this condition and alert you.

It happens so rarely and randomly though that I will struggle to test it.
Old 14th January 2009, 06:29   #30  |  Link
insaneoctane

If I used AVCHDme to make my data PS3/AVCHD compatible, but later on (say when BD-R drop) want to burn the data back to real blu ray....what would I need to do?
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2009, 09:58   #31  |  Link
idbirch2

If you're still managing the AVCHD drive in AVCHDManager, you would just click "AVCHDMe-undo". All it does is rename all the files back to their full names i.e .mts->.m2ts, .cpi->.clpi etc. If you're not using AVCHDManager, there's a standalone version of AVCHDMe_undo here. Just place in the root of your movie folder and run. Mediafire is down for maintenance, check back later when they've finished pissing about.
Old 15th January 2009, 01:05   #32  |  Link
insaneoctane

Wasn't there jdobbs' fixclpi.exe fixes that it makes so that the 4GB chunks transition smoothly?? Do those need to be fixed back?
Once the "UNDO" is done back to .xxxx extensions, it will burn and playback properly?
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 09:17   #33  |  Link
idbirch2

No, jdobbs' fixclpi.exe, which is included in AVCHDMe, fixes other issues in the .clpi file which cause ffw/rw issues. The fix for pauses at the 4gb splits is completely seperate. Once you've used 'Undo', there's no reason why that structure couldn't be burned to a DVD/BD-R. Just to be clear, the Undo function only undoes the renaming, the .clpi fixes remain intact.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:32   #34  |  Link
odin24

@ idbirch2
I have a seamless branching BD rip (whole disc), there isn't a file larger than 4GB. Would AVCHDMe work on this BD... menus, features, and all? Once I can remux the main movie I will try, I was just hoping you knew.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:38   #35  |  Link
idbirch2

That's a very interesting thought, I'd never considered a full BD structure with files that are all less that 4GB. I don't think AVCHDMe will work on the structure as it's looking for an AVCHD/BD hybrid structure as output from TSMuxer - this is different to a native bluray structure. Also, I suspect the PS3 won't recognise it either but please give it a try and let us know (you will need to manually rename all files to 8.3 standard as AVCHDMe won't work (I don't think!)).

edit: As long as you make a backup of you BD structure first, there's no harm trying AVCHDMe and seeing what happens...
Old 20th January 2009, 12:47   #36  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
That's a very interesting thought, I'd never considered a full BD structure with files that are all less that 4GB. I don't think AVCHDMe will work on the structure as it's looking for an AVCHD/BD hybrid structure as output from TSMuxer - this is different to a native bluray structure. Also, I suspect the PS3 won't recognise it either but please give it a try and let us know (you will need to manually rename all files to 8.3 standard as AVCHDMe won't work (I don't think!)).

edit: As long as you make a backup of you BD structure first, there's no harm trying AVCHDMe and seeing what happens...
Thanks for the fast response. I'm off to work right now, and it's going to be pretty hectic afterwards, I may not get to it for a day or two. I will though, and I'll report back.
Old 21st January 2009, 02:22   #37  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin24 View Post
Thanks for the fast response. I'm off to work right now, and it's going to be pretty hectic afterwards, I may not get to it for a day or two. I will though, and I'll report back.
It did not work. AVCHDMe renamed all but 4 files, two BDJO files and their BACKUPs.
Old 21st January 2009, 10:39   #38  |  Link
idbirch2

And the PS3 doesn't recognise it when the folder is named to AVCHD?
Old 21st January 2009, 19:27   #39  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
And the PS3 doesn't recognise it when the folder is named to AVCHD?
That's correct. I renamed the BDJO files to BDJ manually.
Old 30th January 2009, 15:23   #40  |  Link
ReciprocalUniverse

I authored a small BDMV project with Sony DVD Architect, then used AVCHD-Patcher to make it AVCHD compliant. Lastly, I used AVCHD-me to make it compliant with the 8.3/Fat32 conventions, copied it to a USB flash drive in the AVCHD root folder as described, stuck it in the PS3 and wha-lah...It plays with full menu functionality.

Pretty nice work. Thank you!

Tom

Last edited by ReciprocalUniverse; 30th January 2009 at 15:29.
ReciprocalUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote