Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2009, 15:32   #7541  |  Link
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaser View Post
I noticed a regression since the Beliyaal merge, that's preventing me from upgrading to latest version. When watching a video fullscreen (1680x1050), random lines appear if I try to zoom in. This happens only when I use the Bicubic resizer with VMR9 renderless and EVR custom (I tested on both XP and Vista), with every video format SD & HD.

Here's an example:

Before

After

This is my configuration:
- Windows XP SP3 Pro
- works with svn 1043 / broken since svn 1048
- Ati Radeon HD 3650 / Catalyst 9.4
- Renderer: VMR 9 renderless / other output options: 3D surfaces, VMR9 mixer mode, lock back-buffer

Also I noticed this on the Beliyaal thread. Maybe he knows more about what's causing this:

Known Bugs
* Bicubic resizer sometimes renders incorrectly.

Any news on this bug? Am I the only one experiencing this?
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:37   #7542  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaser View Post
Am I the only one experiencing this?
No. I have this bug too!
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:44   #7543  |  Link
nuhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
No. I have this bug too!
Me too.
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:08   #7544  |  Link
max-pain

I have a problem under Windows 7 RC.
MPC-HC is my default player for all the video formats (MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, etc.) in the Default Programs (Control Panel).
If I open those file types in windows explorer or total commander all opens in MPC-HC as it should, but under Far Manager (which i use) AVI, WMV and MPG opens in Windows Media Player.
Please help. Thx
Old 2nd May 2009, 19:23   #7545  |  Link
neoufo51

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-pain View Post
I have a problem under Windows 7 RC.
MPC-HC is my default player for all the video formats (MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG, etc.) in the Default Programs (Control Panel).
If I open those file types in windows explorer or total commander all opens in MPC-HC as it should, but under Far Manager (which i use) AVI, WMV and MPG opens in Windows Media Player.
Please help. Thx
Try removing WMP entirely. It's easy to do that on Windows 7.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:44   #7546  |  Link
max-pain

It looks like it was a Far Manager problem. I updated to a newer build and the problem is gone.
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:31   #7547  |  Link
Beliyaal

I have submitted some fixes to SVN. Check if they work in a SVN build later than or equal to 1089:

Extra (gray) pixels at bottom and right of video when decoding with DXVA removed.
Bicubic resizer checker pattern when zooming.
Tearing when subtitles are enabled possibly fixed.
Bad render performance when coming back from other session / display settings changed / changing channel on TV / etc.
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:54   #7548  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Yes. Have a look at its output settings.
What I am trying to do is to take a 24-bit 96khz 6 channel FLAC file and output it through SPDIF as an AC3 6 channel file (at 640k) to hear the 6 channel surround effects.

AC3FILTER does not support 96khz - something which is noted in their Forums, but the author seems to have abandoned the project.

One reason that I tend to avoid ffdshow (both video and audio) is that the options are so numerous that it is easy to get lost, as well as missing important checkboxes...

Any help would be appreciated as my first try was not successful...
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:09   #7549  |  Link
clsid

ffdshow also only supports 32/48kHz AC3 output.

The author of AC3Filter is often MIA for long periods. Usually he is active only during the summer.
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:17   #7550  |  Link
Beliyaal

New renderer settings options

As promised here are the documentation for the new settings.

Output Range
This setting is used for specifying the OUTPUT range of the YUV to RGB transfrom.

0 - 255
The output from the YUV transfrom is 0 to 255 in 8 bit or 0 to 1023 in 10 bit. This is the default and normally the best option for computer monitors and most TVs.
16 - 235
The output from the YUV transfrom is 16 to 235 in 8 bit or 64 to 940 in 10 bit. This is the best option for some TV:s that expect the input signal at 16 to 235 levels.
Presentation

D3D Fullscreen Mode
This causes the player to create a fullscreen D3D device. This can be useful to remove tearing in cases when neither normal nor alternative vsync is able to do so. This is also the only mode where it's possible to use a 10 bit output for the display device.
D3D Fullscreen GUI Support
This option enables support for the right click menus and setting on the monitor that is in fullscreen mode. The draback enabling this is that the backbuffer of the D3D device must be lockable, which can cause compatibility issues and possibly tearing even when in D3D fullscreen mode.
10 bit RGB
This enables 10 bit processing in the whole pipeline after the YUV transform. Backbuffer, temporary buffers and video frames are always in 10 bit. To enable 10 bit for the display buffer D3D fullscreen mode and Vista or later is required.

Video drivers have been known to be buggy with the 10 bit pipeline. For example: Deinterlacing crashes the player and 16-235 levels isn't availeble on ATI drivers.
Disable desktop composition
Used to disable desktop composition in Vista or later while the player is running. This can solve some stuttering issues, and will decrease the video latency by one frame.
Enable Frame Time Correction
Enable only when you experiency stuttering video because of a buggy decoder or splitter. For example VC-1 content in m2ts container currently needs this.
VSync

VSync
Can be used to disable VSync. This is not recommended normally as disabling VSync will remove many stuttering and threading fixes. Should only used for debugging purposes.
Accurate VSync
Can be used to disable accurate VSync. If accurate VSync is disabled CPU usage is slightly decreased, especially when alternative VSync is also disabled.
Alternative VSync
Enabling alternative VSync will bypass the default VSync built into D3D. This can often get rid of tearing issues and is the preferred mode of VSync if your hardware/drivers are compatible with it.
Decrease vsync offset
Used to move the VSync position upwards. Only available with alternative VSync enabled and desktop composition disabled. Use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+UP
Increase vsync offset
Used to move the VSync position downwards. Only available with alternative VSync enabled and desktop composition disabled. Use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+UP
GPU Control

Flush GPU before VSync
Flushing the GPU before VSync will decrease the probability of tearing as it forces the GPU to render the frame as soon as possible so the frame will be ready to be presented at the VSync.
Flush GPU after Present
Flushing the GPU after VSync will decrease the probability of tearing as it forces the driver to actualize the Present as soon as possible.
Wait for flushes
This will cause the renderer to spin, waiting for the GPU flushes. This can be useful if the driver for some reason will ignore single flushes and will also enable the GPU time statistic.
Reset

Reset to default renderer settings
Resets all above settings to the default.
Reset to optimal renderer settings
Sets the settings to the recommended optimal settings:
Alternative VSync = On
Accurate VSync = On
VSync = On
Disable Desktop Composition = On
Flush GPU Before VSync = On
Flush GPU After Present = On
Flush GPU Wait = Off

The rest of the settings are left unchanged. It might therefore be good to reset to default settings before selecting optimal settings.
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:58   #7551  |  Link

Thanks for the documentation. My apologies if these are really basic questions. (I'm new to HTPC stuff)

I've searched, but can't find any relevant answers. When I enable D3D Fullscreen Mode, I get the error:
CreateDevice failed
DX9AllocatorPresenter failed

0x8876086a
I'm running on a GeForce 9400. (Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard)

It seems to actually be working in D3D fullscreen mode, though I don't get any GUI, even with the option enabled.

I've tried updating my drivers and reinstalling DX9 without any luck.

Last edited by 6233638; 3rd May 2009 at 22:00.
Old 3rd May 2009, 22:56   #7552  |  Link
yesgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADude View Post
What I am trying to do is to take a 24-bit 96khz 6 channel FLAC file and output it through SPDIF as an AC3 6 channel file (at 640k) to hear the 6 channel surround effects.
Have you tryed with reclock? It has an AC3 encoder incorporated. I don't know if it supports 96kHz, so give it a try...

Thanks for the documentation. Very clear.

Last edited by yesgrey; 5th May 2009 at 23:02.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:18   #7553  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliyaal View Post
As promised here are the documentation for the new settings.

Output Range[INDENT]This setting is used for specifying the OUTPUT range of the YUV to RGB transfrom.

0 - 255
The output from the YUV transfrom is 0 to 255 in 8 bit or 0 to 1023 in 10 bit. This is the default and normally the best option for computer monitors and most TVs.
16 - 235
The output from the YUV transfrom is 16 to 235 in 8 bit or 64 to 940 in 10 bit. This is the best option for some TV:s that expect the input signal at 16 to 235 levels.
Thank you Beliyaal.

In the Output section, could you add the expected Expansion behavior:

0 - 255The output from the YUV transfrom is 0 to 255 in 8 bit or 0 to 1023 in 10 bit. This is the default and normally the best option for computer monitors and most TVs.

Retains Black at 16, and White at 235 (requires adjustment to Displays Brightness control if mixing video and PC desktop content). BTB and WTW are passed intact.

16 - 235The output from the YUV transfrom is 16 to 235 in 8 bit or 64 to 940 in 10 bit. This is the best option for some TV:s that expect the input signal at 16 to 235 levels.

Expands Black from 16 to 0, and White from 235 to 255, clipping BTB and WTW, but allowing single black level for video and PC content. May exacerbate banding/posterisation.*

I might have that BACKWARDS!! Hence the need for the expanded explanation of expansion .

* The topic of debate, but banding is clearly visible in a smooth greyscale ramp that has been expanded, at least in my tests.
I always figure out which setting to use by trial and error, looking both and the black level moving around, and looking for banding in a greyscale. When my greyscale is clean, the black level will be higher than the desktop, and I know I have got my levels retained, which is how I want them.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:20   #7554  |  Link
n00bleader

I have a blurry bar in the bottom of the frame when I play any video using dxva, I've read a lot but couldn't find any solutions.

Also, is there a quality difference between ffdshow and mpc's decoder?
Old 4th May 2009, 01:33   #7555  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV

Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86), svn 1090

Supported languages: BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

(1082-1090)
Fixed: compilation error in Belarusian translation;
Fixed: Extra (gray) pixels at bottom and right of video when decoding with DXVA removed;
Fixed: Bicubic resizer checker pattern when zooming;
Fixed: Tearing when subtitles are enabled possibly fixed;
Fixed: Bad render performance when coming back from other session / display settings changed / changing channel on TV / etc;
Update Belarussian translation;
Updated Spanish translation.

Last edited by alexins; 4th May 2009 at 01:47.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:03   #7556  |  Link
Hypernova

I got the strange vertical lines from EVR CP in SVN 1090 (same as Haali's renderer). Anyone else get them?
Old 4th May 2009, 02:15   #7557  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bleader View Post
I have a blurry bar in the bottom of the frame when I play any video using dxva, I've read a lot but couldn't find any solutions.

Also, is there a quality difference between ffdshow and mpc's decoder?
I think turning on or off VMR Mixer mode may help? Sounds familiar.

As to quality, no one else's eyes can tell you what quality is best to YOU. So try them both and go with what YOU consider the better one.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:29   #7558  |  Link
n00bleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbo View Post
I think turning on or off VMR Mixer mode may help? Sounds familiar.
I think turning it on fixes it, buuuut...it makes it lag, including non-HD stuff

also, SD stuff gets displayed at the container resolution

This is all for VMR9

Last edited by n00bleader; 4th May 2009 at 03:48.
Old 4th May 2009, 06:28   #7559  |  Link
ADude

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
ffdshow also only supports 32/48kHz AC3 output.
That's okay, as long as I can tie the frequency converter output to the input of the AC3 encoder.
Old 4th May 2009, 07:43   #7560  |  Link
Mike5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesgrey3 View Post
Have you tryed with reclock? It has an AC3 encoder incorporated. I don't know if it supports 96kHz, so give it a try...
It doesn't. I need to downsample to 48KHz with ffdshow before giving the audio to ReClock, otherwise there is no sound.
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc