Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th September 2003, 23:15   #61  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi Der Blob!

Welcome to the forum!
I never used a divx/ac3 as source. Nice to know that it works!

I guess the problem of the second CD is that the ac3 track starts in the middle of a frame, because when splitting the avi in two files no care has been taken on this.

Well, if this is the problem, I think it can be easyly fixed in delayac3, may be in a couple of days..

Just to confirm, do you get the following error
"Error: <filename> is not an ac3 stream"
in the second CD "delayac3_1.log" file?

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry, the previous error is sent to stderr, but not to the logfile which should be empty.

Last edited by jsoto; 17th September 2003 at 00:06.
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 13:33   #62  |  Link
andref4

i´ve encoded many avi+ac3, too. in many ac3 avis i had the same problem!
-------------

ok headac3 ist a good solution but not the easyest! use the simple cmd tool ac3fix for this!

sample

ac3fix nameofac3.ac3 nameofac3fix.ac3

the output ac3 (nameofac3fix.ac3) can be transcoded or anything else with the programms dvd2svcd or mdvdauth need. this solution ist the easyest to integrate in an automatic processing. you don´t need to delay the ac3!!!! because many of the ac3s in the avis be delayed!!

sorry abot my english, I´m from germany!

Last edited by andref4; 17th September 2003 at 13:37.
andref4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 19:45   #63  |  Link
Der Blob

Quote:
Originally posted by jsoto
Hi Der Blob!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

Quote:
Well, if this is the problem, I think it can be easyly fixed in delayac3, may be in a couple of days..
That would be nice. It took me hours to figure out what the problem was. But now it's not a problem anymore.

Quote:
Just to confirm, do you get the following error
"Error: <filename> is not an ac3 stream"
in the second CD "delayac3_1.log" file?
It's a little bit different. "Delayac3_1.log" is empty in most cases. This is what my "mdvdauth_log.txt" says:

--------------------------------------------------------
transcodeac3: starting transcodeac3 at 20:26:11
--------------------------------------------------------
transcodeac3: Executing "D:\Programme\DVD2SVCD\mdvdauth\delayac3.exe" -info "Extracted_audio_1.ac3"
transcodeac3: Error parsing command line exiting...
transcodeac3: Ac3mode=ERROR and bitrate =unknown transcoding to stereo tracks...
transcodeac3: Processing delay=23976 gain=max ac3mod=ERROR from bitrate=ERROR to bitrate=unknown transcode=1 stereo=1
transcodeac3: Executing "D:\Programme\DVD2SVCD\mdvdauth\delayac3.exe" -start 23976 -fixcrc silence -same Extracted_audio_1.ac3
transcodeac3: Finished WITH ERROR see delayac3.log ReturnValue=-1 exiting...

Quote:
Originally posted by andref4

ok headac3 ist a good solution but not the easyest! use the simple cmd tool ac3fix for this!
Thanks for the tip, but it's very easy. You just have to chose "Source" in "Destination Format." I think the AC3 is left untouched this way. Never use BeSweet if you don't want to downsample. The sound isn't the same anymore after the conversion.

Quote:
Originally posted by andref4
sorry abot my english, I´m from germany!

Dann haben wir ja etwas gemeinsam.

Ach übrigens: Dein miniDVD-Rip von Terminator I hat mich schwer beeindruckt... Oder verwechsle ich dich?

Last edited by Der Blob; 17th September 2003 at 20:01.
Der Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 22:56   #64  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay... . It was really easy to fix. Delayac3 was able to resincronize any uncompleted frame except the first one (a little bit stupid, isn't it?).

Try this and let me know if it works.

Cheers
Quote:
Ach übrigens: Dein miniDVD-Rip von Terminator I hat mich schwer beeindruckt... Oder verwechsle ich dich?
What????
Old 17th September 2003, 23:25   #65  |  Link
Der Blob

Quote:
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay... . It was really easy to fix. Delayac3 was able to resincronize any uncompleted frame except the first one (a little bit stupid, isn't it?).

Try this and let me know if it works.

Cheers
What????
Delay..lol! That was a good one.
Thanks for the hard work. I'll try it at once.

Sorry, the last part is for andref4. I think he's the one who makes excellent miniDVDs. I just commended him for his superb Terminator I rip. I won't write anything in German again, because this is an English speaking forum. Promised!

It works! I think I can live with one unsynchronized frame. Thanks again.

Last edited by Der Blob; 17th September 2003 at 23:36.
Old 18th September 2003, 00:04   #66  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Great!
Btw, it is not really an unsynchronized frame, it is an uncompleted one. Delayac3 will skip until the first good frame header will appear. There is no other choice.
The ac3 file produced and used in DVD authoring (although no reencoding has been selected) is fixed.
Cheers
Old 18th September 2003, 02:17   #67  |  Link
Der Blob

Quote:
Delayac3 will skip until the first good frame header will appear.
I hope it doesn't skip too much, or could the whole file be out of synch in the end?
Old 18th September 2003, 08:37   #68  |  Link
Pauline1

Avi as Input

Its nice to read, that mdvauth can works with avi/ac3. Its possible to work with a avi/mp3 or avi/wav?
Pauline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2003, 12:00   #69  |  Link
Der Blob

Re: Avi as Input

Quote:
Originally posted by Pauline1
Its nice to read, that mdvauth can works with avi/ac3. Its possible to work with a avi/mp3 or avi/wav?
No, sorry. You need an AC3 audio track for this, otherwise it won't work. But you could convert MP3 to AC3 stereo. That doesn't make much sense but it should work properly. The best solution for AVI/MP3 is an XSVCD, not miniDVD.
Old 18th September 2003, 23:05   #70  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@Der Blob
Quote:
I hope it doesn't skip too much, or could the whole file be out of synch in the end?
ac3 is a frame based file. Each frame is usually around 30 msec. long, so if there is only one uncompleted frame (as consequence of a file split), this will be the maximum sound lost.

@Pauline1
transcodeac3 expects an input file called Extracted_audio_x.ac3, so it will not works with mp3, mp2 or even DTS. Ifoedit and DVD standard allow at least the use of mp2 and DTS (I never try IfoEdit). I think I can change the code to support it (using BeSweet, of course), but I wrote mdvdauth mainly for 5.1 sound in CD media, so I never thought on it.

Currently I am focussed on subpictures, which cause "too many frame drops" in IfoEdit in certain Titles. I've done a full search on the forum about this topic and I am trying to find an easy to code solution.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2003, 12:49   #71  |  Link
Der Blob

Quote:
@Der Blob

ac3 is a frame based file. Each frame is usually around 30 msec. long, so if there is only one uncompleted frame (as consequence of a file split), this will be the maximum sound lost.

I think this is only at the end of a splitted avi. Or am I wrong? 30 msec. isn't much, and I probably wouldn't notice the delay.
Old 21st September 2003, 15:30   #72  |  Link
ErazorTT

NTSC -> PAL ac3 problem

hi i have the following problem with your 0.24.
When you want to encode an NTSC Divx to a PAL DVD the ac3 track is not computed correctly. instead of changing the frame rate (23976 -> 25000) the track is delayed 750 frames, so you have to change it manually with besweet.
Please correct me if thats not true.

erazortt
ErazorTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2003, 23:58   #73  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

@erazortt
NTSC to PAL conversions, in general, are not supported, mainly because I do not have any NTSC source... The "problem", as you said, is in pitch translation which is not managed by transcodeac3
BTW, it is not so easy to manage all the posibilities used by dvd2svcd in a script, but I can try to do it (or may be I could write a very small program), so please post transcodeac3 command line (from dvd2svcd_log.txt) to see the parameters and its order used by d2s.

@Der Blob
In delayac3_x.log you will find which and how many frames are lost.
Yes, in an uncontrolled file split (assuming no errors), you will loose only one frame (part of it will be in the first avi file and the other part in the second). In the second file audio/video will be unsynchronized, but it will be negligible.

Cheers.
Old 22nd September 2003, 16:40   #74  |  Link
Der Blob

Quote:
@Der Blob
In delayac3_x.log you will find which and how many frames are lost.
Yes, in an uncontrolled file split (assuming no errors), you will loose only one frame (part of it will be in the first avi file and the other part in the second). In the second file audio/video will be unsynchronized, but it will be negligible.

Cheers. [/B]
Thanks for the info. I think I'll have to find another way to split my avi files to avoid this. The main problem with VirtualDub are the key frames of the video itself. There's no other option to split the files without "damaging" the AC3 frames.
Old 24th September 2003, 23:29   #75  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi all,

Here is a new version, mainly because subtitles issue.
Tested in WinXP. I still have to test it in Win98. There are two points where I have some dudes...

0.2.7 (22-Sep-2003):
- Bug Fix: Subpictures did not work if VTS != 01
- Improvement: Added the choice of subtitles extraction using VobSup and SubToSup. VobEdit fails in multiPGC Titles, and provoke "too many frames drop" error in IfoEdit.
- Bug fix: Bug when applying conditions from transcode to stereo
- Bug fix: delayac3 was not able to fix first ac3 frame
- Bug Fix: Audio track #1 can not be mp2
- Improvement: Support for non-ac3 inputs (Not deeply tested!).

Cheers.
EDIT: New subtitles method tested in "The Matrix" and "LOTRTT" (Both are multiPGC and fail with VobEdit). Originals are PAL (spanish).

Last edited by jsoto; 24th September 2003 at 23:33.
Old 25th September 2003, 20:08   #76  |  Link
doktor motte

@jsoto:

Cheers mate,

so I'm the first to reply, nice

Will take a look at the new version and also test the new subs, coz i also want to make a 1-disc-version of my LOTR 1. It makes me crazy when i have to change the dvd half of the film (I own the Extended Version).

So long jsoto and thnx again for your script/plugin
doktor motte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2003, 22:51   #77  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi all,
Sorry guys, found a bug in the new Subs method, which hangs SupToSup and mdvdauth. Not always fails, because it depends on the PC speed. That's the reason it did not fail in my previous tests. (I forgot a sleep sentence to wait an OpenFile Window start)

Please download again mdvdauth027 if you are going to use the new subs method. Double click on mdvdauth.exe and the title of the warning window should be mdvdauth v0.2.7b

@doktor motte
I've also done LOTR 1 and, at least the Spanish version, has a single PGC VTS, so it should work fine with VobEdit (but I've used the new method)

BTW, I've kept the menus. It is very easy, may be you know how to do it, but if not, here it is the procedure I've used:
1. Reserve 150-200 MB for menus when select CD size in D2S (Use 4150 MB more or less)
2. Use DVDshrink to compress the menus (in fact, all the DVD) in other folder.
3. Apply IFOUpdate
3.1 Save your IFOEdit authored IFOs in a different folder
3.2 Copy all output files from DVDShrink, except the movie VTS on movie/DVD/VIDEO_TS
3.3 Run IFOUpdate
Thats all!

Cheers

EDIT: Not tested in Win98 yet.

Last edited by jsoto; 25th September 2003 at 22:55.
Old 28th September 2003, 23:16   #78  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Hi all,

I've tested mdvdauth on Win98SE, and there was a problem in "select folder" dialog (used by VobSub). It has one button less, there isn't the button "create a new folder", so the plugin fails.

I've done a fix (checking which OS is running) and fix it in mdvdauth027c, available at the same link from today.

BTW, I do not have any WIN2k (neither¨WIN_ME) installation, so I assumed WIN98SE=WIN_ME and WIN2K=WIN_XP, but I really do not know if they will work or not.

Cheers
Old 29th September 2003, 10:37   #79  |  Link
xp_eric

fixed chapters

Hi Jsoto,

first of all thanks for jour great plugin !

I use it for DivX -> DVD conversions with subtitles. I have one problem, the fixed chpters don't work although the are mentioned in the readme file as supported feature. I just select it in the CDImage tab and put 300 (5 minutes) in the edit field.

Cheers,

Eric
xp_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2003, 22:32   #80  |  Link
doktor motte

@jsoto:

Sorry for the delay. I ran now into a prob. I've tried to backup my
2 dvd's of my extended Edition LOTR 1 to fit on 1 dvd+r.

But i haven't enough space on my hdd. So unlucky have to buy new greater hd (think about 160 GB) to make LOTR.

But anyway try my flipper of goodfellas to put it on to 1 dvd+r.

Last night I made Mission Impossible 1+2 onto one dvd+r and it looks so great, CCE makes it possible. Thnx again to your plugin and also that you don't stop making it even better from version 2 version.

Edit: Btw: Forgotten to mention that also the forced subs on MI worked fine on my cyberhome 505.
doktor motte is offline   Reply With Quote