Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th June 2002, 17:01   #1  |  Link
Ratmith

question about after svcd is all done and burned to disk

I have done about 130 svcds. One problem shows up once in awhile. the problem is that green blocks will show up on the movie. this doesnt always happen however. I will see the blocks then later put the cd back in the player and they will not show up. Does anybody know why this is? I am burning the svcds using daemon tools and at a burning speed of 12x. Is this to fast? Thanks guys for any help.

Rat
Ratmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2002, 17:35   #2  |  Link
Holomatrix
Still Kick'n

When I use bad or cheap media I get the same thing. The DVD player is just reading weak/corrupt video data off the cdr. I would also recomend burning at 4X speed aswell.
Holomatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2002, 18:01   #3  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Green blocks is a sign of a bad burn. It could be your media, but more likely it's that you are burning too fast for your burner. If 12X is not the fastest your burner wil burn try burning at the fastest and the slowest it will go. It had been suggested before that burning at a middle speed is not good since the burner is not optimized for it, but if you want to be safe drop the speed to 4X or the lowest your burner will do.

Mark
Old 19th June 2002, 19:57   #4  |  Link
chainsaw135

like holomatrix and markrb has stated the media or burn speed can cause this another thing you can check is next time you have that problem with a movie run the vob files through dvd2avi and see if it has green in it. Reason is if you dont unlock the dvd properly it will do that.
Old 19th June 2002, 21:25   #5  |  Link
mrbass

I've used Imation, Fuji, TDK, and Memorex and have had zero problems. I always buy brand name. I just bought 1200 cds at costco TDK 32x 100pk for $35/each -$20 rebate so only $15 per 100 pack. You have a limit of 3 rebates per membership card. So I paid my two sisters and mom to use their card also 4 x 3 = twelve 100pks. Expires June 30th.

Quote:
run the vob files through dvd2avi and see if it has green in it. Reason is if you dont unlock the dvd properly it will do that.
wow ..that's probably what happened to pride and prejudice volume 2...good old macrovision kicking in. At least harry potter dvd doesn't have macrovision so if you get green blocks there then for sure it's bad media.

Last edited by mrbass; 19th June 2002 at 21:27.
mrbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 03:11   #6  |  Link
redbullssg

actually i get that problem only when i put the svsd in my dvd-rom. i believe it is because the read sped of that drive is slower than my other roms. if i put them in the other faster roms i don't have a problem. and i have not had a problem when i put them in my standalone dvd player..

Last edited by redbullssg; 26th November 2003 at 04:27.
redbullssg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2002, 04:08   #7  |  Link
chainsaw135

I myself use cheap very cheap media and dont have a problem. Tho i've seen the green pictures turn out because of people burning too fast or not unlocking the dvd itself.

@mrbass hey man good to see you in here, haven't seen you in a few days..thought maybe you fell off the earth hehehe
Old 20th June 2002, 22:32   #8  |  Link
Ratmith

thanks

thanks for the help guys. This might be a dumb question but what do you mean by "unlock the dvd". lol.

Rat
Old 20th June 2002, 22:34   #9  |  Link
chainsaw135

lol, well ya made me laugh.....well its what you do so that your able 2 copy the vob files...to unlock a dvd movie just put it in the drive then play the dvd for a few seconds..also you must have Aspi installed...you can download that in the download section here.
Old 20th June 2002, 22:37   #10  |  Link
Ratmith

LOL

Well glad to give you a giggle lol. Well I do that each time i rip a dvd lol. Just never called it that. Thanks again for the help. I am going to try to burn them slower. However the slowest i can go with my burner a 32x lite on is 8x. Hope that is slow enough.

Rat