Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th February 2023, 21:05   #1341  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
This is due to the wrong entry in filterdb.dat
There are groups there. If the function is in a plugin, it belongs in the group [PLUGINS] with the name of the dll in front and then the name of the function: Spectrogram_Spectrogram

But if it is only a function from an avs file it belongs to the group [USERFUNCTIONS], with the name of the function.

I had taken the commit from GamingPotatoMan first and then cleaned up my filterdb.dat but forgot to update the file on github.

To the entry Spectrogram:
I have removed it, completely superfluous.
The int values I can also set in the script and must not fill me the filterdb.dat with it.

So either remove or correct plugin designation or place correctly.

I also just updated the filterdb.dat on github with mine.
https://github.com/gispos/AvsPmod/blob/GPo/filterdb.dat
Thanks.
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2023, 21:23   #1342  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreuzBlick View Post
Thank you, gispos, for the development of the program.
I use AvsPmod regularly because I edit my videos, including 3d videos, with it.

Now I have a feature request. I would be very happy, if AvsPmod would get a real fullscreen mode. There is already, since version 2.7.1.5, a kind of fullscreen, but there remain parts of the menu and the status bars. Even when using the options since 2.7.1.6, remnants of the outer frame always remain visible.

Of course I could preview my script in Virtualdub2 in fullscreen mode, but then I would have to use an additional program in the development of my scripts. With a true fullscreen mode, I could use only AvsPmod.

I think, there is a good reason for that request. As I said above, I edit a lot of 3D-clips and I would like to be able to judge them in 3D.

Actuel there's a new autostereoscopic display in the Acer Predator Helios 300 with SpacialLabs technology. Using eye tracking, it provides a pristine stereoscopic image that I can view without glasses. This works very well.

This device uses a program running in the background (SpacialLabs Go), that can display any content in stereoscopic 3D at the touch of a button. The requirement is, that the content is displayed in half-side-by-side and in fullscreen mode.

Half side-by-side is generated by the script, that's no problem. The only thing missing is to display in fullscreen. As I said, it would be nice, if this could be done.
It could have been so simple, but the script/video splitter can't be hidden. It's a native windows component and you can't even change the width or color.

Had to create a new fullscreen window.
I can't foresee where problems will arise, because several functions access the size of the client area of the main window and also the positions of the splitters.
So test and report problems.

Fullsize: Press Ctrl and make a double click or use the menu (make shortcut)

Fullscreen: Press Shift and make a double click or use menu Video > Additional > 'Fullscreen' (make a shortcut) or hold shift when clicking on the Fullsize menu

Another double-click switches to the normal view or from Fullscreen to Fullsize. Esc resets all.
Download see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvG View Post
I'm just enabling Display filter by default nothing else.
You can enable or disable the display filter at program start under Program Options > Misc2.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link
Old 17th February 2023, 02:15   #1343  |  Link
StvG

Quote:
You can enable or disable the display filter at program start under Program Options > Misc2.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link
Thanks.
StvG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2023, 02:36   #1344  |  Link
kedautinh12

new update from Dogway
https://github.com/Dogway/Avisynth-S.../Tools/AvsPmod
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2023, 15:13   #1345  |  Link
KreuzBlick

Quote:
Fullscreen: Press Shift and make a double click or use menu Video > Additional > 'Fullscreen' (make a shortcut) or hold shift when clicking on the Fullsize menu
At first sight it is great! It is a huge step forward.
I had not dared to hope that it would happen so quickly.

I will continue to test and watch.

Tausend Dank! (Thanks a million)
KreuzBlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2023, 10:59   #1346  |  Link
KreuzBlick

Thanks for your continued work.

One observation and suggestion:
It is expected that in fullscreen mode the image fills the whole screen. However, whether that is the case depends on the zoom factor. The correct mode should be "Fit inside window". In other cases, the image may be too small or too large.
So my suggestion is to set the zoom mode to "Fit inside window" at the same time when switching to fullscreen. When exiting, the previous zoom mode could be set again. Possibly this behavior could be controlled by an option, but I think this should be the normal behavior. Virtualdub does it the same way.
KreuzBlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2023, 16:20   #1347  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Thanks for your continued work.

One observation and suggestion:
It is expected that in fullscreen mode the image fills the whole screen. However, whether that is the case depends on the zoom factor. The correct mode should be "Fit inside window". In other cases, the image may be too small or too large.
So my suggestion is to set the zoom mode to "Fit inside window" at the same time when switching to fullscreen. When exiting, the previous zoom mode could be set again. Possibly this behavior could be controlled by an option, but I think this should be the normal behavior. Virtualdub does it the same way.
I'm still thinking about that, but AvsPmod is not VirtualDub.
There are three types of zoom: Normal, Antialiasing and Resample Zoom.

So this will be an options mess and the old zoom value should be saved.

I don't know what will come or not.

Last edited by gispos; 19th March 2023 at 11:16.
gispos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2023, 21:05   #1348  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
...Possibly this behavior could be controlled by an option, but I think this should be the normal behavior. Virtualdub does it the same way.
Quote:
I'm still thinking about that, but AvsPmod is not VirtualDub.
It is much more complex to handle different zoom modes and especially multiple tabs than just switching from normal to fullscreen and back.
In addition, there are also special functions such as the 'Split View' or 'Save pos & zoom on tab change'.

Added Automatic zoom in fullscreen mode.
Program options > Misc2 > 'Fullscreen zoom', None, Normal, Resample, default Normal

Normal zoom:
All resample filters of the tabs are turned off.
If the option 'Save pos & zoom on tab change' is enabled, the saved zoom values of the other tabs will not be overwritten when switching tabs in fullscreen mode.
The prerequisite for this is that the fullscreen mode is ended with the tab with which it was started. Or the tab reset to 100% zoom.
At least that's my plan, whether it works...

Resample zoom:
If Fullscreen is started and ended with the same tab, the zoom that existed before the fullscreen mode is restored.
If a tab is changed in Fullscreen mode, this tab will retain the resample filter even after Fullscreen mode is ended.

Last edited by gispos; 19th March 2023 at 11:16.
Old 21st February 2023, 23:38   #1349  |  Link
PoeBear

Is there a way to hide the bottom controls and side/top borders when in fullscreen mode? I use fullscreen to compare multiple plugin settings in different tabs, and it helps remove most of the windows that distract from the image itself, but the bottom controls (and sides to an extent) can still be distracting in the darker scenes. Or maybe a way to set darker colors when only in full screen? I like the Solarized dark in non-fullscreen mode

Also FWIW, I use fullscreen in a 2-4x zoom most of time. Fit inside window isn't very useful for me because its fractional scaling, which creates aliasing. Useful for playback checking, but not for when you only want to see how image truly looks
PoeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:19   #1350  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeBear View Post
Is there a way to hide the bottom controls and side/top borders when in fullscreen mode?
Look at the last Pre-Release. Old Fullscreen mode is now called Fullsize and there is a new Fullscreen mode.
Set the Fullscreen option to None. (changelog and readmeFullscreen)

Last edited by gispos; 5th March 2023 at 15:28.
Old 5th March 2023, 15:27   #1351  |  Link
gispos

AvsPmod 2.7.3.7
Code:
* Added Fullscreen mode, old Fullscreen mode now called Fullsize (you must set new shortcut)
- press Shift on double clicking the video or use menu Video > Additional > 'Fullscreen'
- remainder: Press Ctrl on double clicking the video for Fullsize mode
* Added Program Options > Misc2 > 'Fullscreen zoom' default normal fill, read the readme_FullscreenZoom.txt in the Archive.
- for Resample: the Resample zoom must be enabled, Program Options > Misc2 > 'Show Resample zoom menu'
* Video controls can be shown in Fullscreen mode.
- move the mouse at the very bottom of the screen edge (10 pixels x DPI scalling). 
- they are hidden again when you left-click in the video window.
* Added Program options > Misc2 > 'Display filter enabled on startup'
* Numbers Wheel faster option is now disabled at start (otherwise the last decimal digit could not be changed).
- toggle between fast and normal: if active then a middle mouse click. The status bar shows the status.
* When the video is drawn with Resize Filter a small green triangle is visible in the upper left corner.
* Fixed: At the top left of the video window sometimes appeared a small square (10x10 pixel).
Old 11th March 2023, 18:38   #1352  |  Link
gispos

AvsPmod 2.7.3.8 - 2.7.3.9
Code:
* Fix: Fullscreen mode did not work with larger video dimensions.
- some code additions and changes for the Fullscreen mode.
* Big Note: 
- If Avisynth is trimmed too much with SetMemoryMax, all AvsPmod filters will take longer. 
- The Resample filter normally takes less than 1 second, but if the Avisynth memory is reduced too much, it can take 10 seconds.
* When exiting the Fullscreen mode, the slider window is restored if it was visible before. 
* If AvsPmod is terminated, it now looks nicer.
* 2.7.3.9 Fix: The fullscreen window sometimes appeared in normal size when fullscreen was not active.
Big Note:
- If Avisynth is trimmed too much with SetMemoryMax, all AvsPmod filters will take longer.
- The Resample filter normally takes less than 1 second, but if the Avisynth memory is reduced too much, it can take 10 seconds or longer

Last edited by gispos; 11th March 2023 at 21:05. Reason: Update to 2.7.3.9
Old 19th March 2023, 11:15   #1353  |  Link
gispos

AvsPmod 2.7.4.0
Code:
* Fullscreen mode reworked. 
* Fullsize\Fullscreen mode now only possible when accessing avisynth in threads enabled. (Options > Access avisynth in threads)
* Added: When fullsize or fullscreen an information dialog appears when a frame is loaded and the loading takes longer than 4 seconds. 
- under Program Options > Misc2 > 'Fullscreen\Fullsize progress dialog' you can set the position for this.
* Fix: Resample zoom flickering when zooming with the mouse wheel.
* Some other changes
Old 19th March 2023, 14:54   #1354  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Thanks for the new version, once again.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2023, 15:26   #1355  |  Link
GAP

Edit: I will make a thread about this.
GAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2023, 15:39   #1356  |  Link
gispos

AvsPmod 2.7.4.1
Code:
* Added: Options > Font and Colors > 'Video controls', color of video controls can be changed here (Dark theme).
- in fullscreen mode the dark theme is always used. 
- please change only limited (a bit lighter or darker or change color slightly), some other values calculated from it.
* Fullsize mode: Upper bar (splitter) is now a bit smaller.
Old 26th March 2023, 16:04   #1357  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Ah, sweet.
I'm a classic light theme user for historical reason, but given how many people are moving to dark themes in lots of different IDEs, I think they're gonna love having a dark theme in AVSPmod mod too.
Well done as always, Gispos.
I'll try it out on Monday at work out of curiosity.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2023, 20:58   #1358  |  Link
gispos

So as I wrote, only the video controls can be changed. wxPython has native windows components whose color or size cannot be changed.
This includes for example the window splitter's and the tabs.
Old 28th March 2023, 04:19   #1359  |  Link
PoeBear

Loving the new fullscreen mode. Is it possible to add an option (unless I'm missing it) to hide the scrollbars altogether when the video is larger than the display area?

I grab the image with left click to pan around, so the scrollbars are really just the last remnants of the UI that can distract when looking at a darker scene
PoeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2023, 14:46   #1360  |  Link
ErazorTT

Is it like that, that its supposed to look in dark mode?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13HY...usp=share_link

Last edited by ErazorTT; 28th March 2023 at 15:02.
ErazorTT is offline   Reply With Quote