Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 5th July 2013, 19:48   #15541  |  Link
ariga
Learning...

QuickSync no longer available in 0.58

Until 0.57 QuickSync acceleration was available in the video decoder. After installing 0.58 QS is no longer available! Reverted to 0.57 and it's working fine.

Running Windows 7 SP1 with
MPC - HC x86 Version: 1.6.8.7417 (f7c5f5e)
CPU: i5-2520M
Intel HD 3000 driver version: 8.15.10.2559

Will be glad to provide any additional information.
ariga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 03:19   #15542  |  Link
InTheLight

lav source stutter

I have a feeling I'm probably on my own with this, but any ideas are much apreciated.

Trying to get mpc-hc+lav working. Xp32, quad-core, latest stable mpc, lav .58, amd ccc 13.1

When I use the lav-source spliter I always get patches of stuttering with blu-ray sources and I can't figure out why. If I use mpc-hc's internal spliter filter, the same blu-rays play flawlessly.

I've tried different combinations of renderers and a/v decoders
and the stuttering always originates from using the lav spliter.

Playing with the spliter settings doesn't prevent the stutter, nor is the system even remotely taxed when it happens. (Cpu~25%, gpu~30%)

Am I out of luck?
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 04:25   #15543  |  Link
khanmein

guys, please kindly i need help cos whether i play .mkv it shown lav splitter (internal) low merit !!

khanmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 04:39   #15544  |  Link
mindbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLight View Post
When I use the lav-source spliter I always get patches of stuttering with blu-ray sources and I can't figure out why. If I use mpc-hc's internal spliter filter, the same blu-rays play flawlessly.
idk, try the mpc hc nightlies with lav splitter built in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmein View Post
guys, please kindly i need help cos whether i play .mkv it shown lav splitter (internal) low merit !!
go to internal filters and check matroska.

Last edited by mindbomb; 6th July 2013 at 04:41.
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 04:49   #15545  |  Link
khanmein

@mindbomb, i tested before it shown LAV Splitter Source (internal) but my bro laptop no need tick matroska it work likewise.

Old 6th July 2013, 05:28   #15546  |  Link
InsulinJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p750mmx View Post
a user with a zbox ID85 and Celeron 847 says that the Quick Sync option is available within the lav settings but the 847 hasn't got Quick Sync support build in according to Intel and many other sources?
To expand on that a bit, Intel usually defines QuickSync support as having both the encoding/decoding hardware parts. The Sandy Bridge and later Celerons have the DEcoder part, but not the encoding part, so Intel doesn't classify them as having QuickSync.
InsulinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 09:35   #15547  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariga View Post
Until 0.57 QuickSync acceleration was available in the video decoder. After installing 0.58 QS is no longer available! Reverted to 0.57 and it's working fine.

Running Windows 7 SP1 with
MPC - HC x86 Version: 1.6.8.7417 (f7c5f5e)
CPU: i5-2520M
Intel HD 3000 driver version: 8.15.10.2559

Will be glad to provide any additional information.
Please report any issues with the QuickSync decoder to the author of said decoder, here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162442
Old 6th July 2013, 10:42   #15548  |  Link
khanmein

@nevcairiel, lav splitter or mpc hc issue? how come i'm only the person face this issue? my lappy come with HD5650 should be able to support it.

y only mkv file gave me low merit? thanks.
Old 6th July 2013, 13:37   #15549  |  Link
KoD

Quote:
I have a feeling I'm probably on my own with this, but any ideas are much apreciated.

Trying to get mpc-hc+lav working. Xp32, quad-core, latest stable mpc, lav .58, amd ccc 13.1

I've tried different combinations of renderers and a/v decoders
and the stuttering always originates from using the lav spliter.

Playing with the spliter settings doesn't prevent the stutter, nor is the system even remotely taxed when it happens. (Cpu~25%, gpu~30%)

Am I out of luck?
I also have stutters when using recent LAV filters. I don't know if the splitter is at fault, because I have them even when using Haali's splitter (but, subjectively, less often). It could be anything, even the fact that I add audio delay in the LAVAudio decoder page (I sometime notice that the audio gets out of sync with the video, and then maybe later goes back to being in sync). Maybe when it gets back in sync it drops video frames, I don't know.

It's too time consuming to figure out what goes wrong, so what I do is that I use a combination that I know works well for me: Haali's splitter, and the video and audio decoders from a very old LAV package (0.51.3). Despite the constant updates, there really is no improvement in using a more recent version of the filters, whatever bugs get squashed never really end up in noticeable improvements.

My recommendation is to pick some combination of filters that works for you, and don't worry anymore.
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 15:21   #15550  |  Link
jkauff

But then there'd be nothing to post about, and nev would have to find some other use for his spare time.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 03:41   #15551  |  Link
Deihmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsd78 View Post
Hi Nevcairiel,

I know this is a longshot request, but I thought I'd at least ask . I am a long time user of Albain's Media Control plugin (I'm a WMC user). It is only compatible with Haali and Gabest splitter. I believe he open sourced the code, but I believe Albain has been MIA for some time. Is there any chance it'd be possible to make LAV Splitter compatible with Media Control? I don't have a sense of how hard it is, but I recall Albain adding Gabest support a while back in a relatively short period of time. I know you offer subtitle control via a regex of sorts, but I really like the GUI Media Control offers via the WMC player. I completely understand if its either not feasible or you are not interested however. I'd also accept an alternative GUI via WMC instead of Media Control that works with WMC instead as well (Kidding, but I thought I'd throw that out there).

I'd love to use Lav Splitter as it seems much more stable than Haali/Gabest when I played with it, but I really like the Media Control plugin/GUI.

Thanks Again
Lav Splitter works fine with Media Control. I have no other option but to use wmc and it works well. Especially when paired with Media Browser 3 server and classic. ff, rewind, skip and subtitles all work fine using lav.

Last edited by Deihmos; 7th July 2013 at 03:54.
Deihmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 13:43   #15552  |  Link
mgftp

Hey guys I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with low audio volume playing MKVs through WMC.

I have used Shark007 Codecs in the past but recently switched to LAV to "de-clutter" my device, with both options I had the same issue where my TV needs to be pumped up to max volume in order to barely hear MKV audio, yet everything else played through my HTPC hooked up to my TV via HDMI is fine.

Is there a fix to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's driving me nuts. Thanks
mgftp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 16:29   #15553  |  Link
Reino

@ InTheLight: You're aware that for DXVA1 on WinXP you can only use MPC's Video Decoder. LAV Video Decoder only supports DXVA2, which is not available on WinXP.
I'm still on WinXP too, hence playing 1080p movies with LAV only is a no go (I don't have a quad-core cpu). Playing 1080p movies with LAV Source + MPC's Video Decoder is no problem at all.

@ khanmein: Then your brother has probably installed the standalone LAV Filters.
If you don't have another MKV Splitter installed on your system, no wonder it's still using the internal LAV Splitter, but because you haven't ticked "Matroska", "(low merit)" is shown.

@ mgftp: If your TV is only stereo, you need to enable the Mixer in LAV's Audio Decoder, but even then the volume might still be low because LAV's Audio Decoder doesn't have a normalize-feature (yet). I don't know what the Shark007 pack comes with, but you'd need the FFDShow Audio Decoder to boost up the volume (or play the video in MPC-HC/BE to use the internal Audio Switcher with normalize-feature)
Old 7th July 2013, 17:30   #15554  |  Link
betaking
Fantasy Codecs writer

I use TortoiseGit
git.exe submodule update --init

Cloning into 'libbluray'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.1f0.de:
git.1f0.de[0: 178.63.14.197]: errno=No error

Clone of 'git://git.1f0.de/libbluray.git' into submodule path 'libbluray' failed

git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1) (6053 ms @ 13/07/07 PM 08:28:23)
betaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 17:52   #15555  |  Link
InTheLight

Thanks everybody for the input.

@mindbomb: Tried the nightly with the same results.
@KoD: I've tried rolling back to an older version and it also does the same thing, however Haali works fine on my system.
@CoRoNe: Yes I'm aware, however my problem is not with the decoder, but solely with the splitter.(my system will "brute force" the decoder fine in any case).

Playing around some more I've realized the stuttering only happens with original optical media and ONLY with the LAV Splitter in the chain, regardless of the decoders used - and yes the media is decrypted.

If I use MPC's internal splitter with any combination of decoders, including the LAV A/V Decoders, the media plays back flawlessly.

So is the LAV Splitter not capable of reading optical media in real-time or whats up? Seems odd when MPC's internal splitter does it without any issues.

Old 7th July 2013, 18:39   #15556  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
So is the LAV Splitter not capable of reading optical media in real-time or whats up? Seems odd when MPC's internal splitter does it without any issues.
I assume you're actually opening the Blu-ray playlist, like index.bdmv or a .mpls file in the PLAYLIST folder?
In both cases when testing from Optical and from Harddrive? Harddrive was the same BD structure, not ripped to MKV or anything?

I've never encountered any issues myself, but i can still try to look at the IO pattern it uses to access the disc, and see if some big difference stands out.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:26   #15557  |  Link
InTheLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I assume you're actually opening the Blu-ray playlist, like index.bdmv or a .mpls file in the PLAYLIST folder?
For my testing I've been using: MPC-HC>File>'Open DVD/BD', both for optical and hard-drive media. BD structure maintained across both. I've also repeated the problem with multiple sources to rule out it being a "bad disc". In everycase its the same. MPC source filter: perfect, LAV splitter: intermittent stutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I've never encountered any issues myself, but i can still try to look at the IO pattern it uses to access the disc, and see if some big difference stands out.
Thank you for looking into it. If there is anything I can provide to help isolate the problem please let me know.
Old 7th July 2013, 21:16   #15558  |  Link
mgftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoNe View Post

@ mgftp: If your TV is only stereo, you need to enable the Mixer in LAV's Audio Decoder, but even then the volume might still be low because LAV's Audio Decoder doesn't have a normalize-feature (yet). I don't know what the Shark007 pack comes with, but you'd need the FFDShow Audio Decoder to boost up the volume (or play the video in MPC-HC/BE to use the internal Audio Switcher with normalize-feature)
Enabling the mixing does appear to boost the volume a bit, but like you said not a ton. Either way, this might just good enough. Thank you!

One question, when selecting enabling mixing I noticed "Matrix Encoding" options, does this matter for volume levels? It was set default at "none" but when Googling my issue I have read to select "Dolby Pro Logic", there is also a selection option of "Dolby Pro Logic 2".

-

Another question since this thread has been so helpful if someone wouldn't mind. I have some MKV files that appear to be playing two audio tracks at the same time, that is two different languages. Is there a fix to this? Once again, I am in WMC.
mgftp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 21:21   #15559  |  Link
Deihmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
Enabling the mixing does appear to boost the volume a bit, but like you said not a ton. Either way, this might just good enough. Thank you!

One question, when selecting enabling mixing I noticed "Matrix Encoding" options, does this matter for volume levels? It was set default at "none" but when Googling my issue I have read to select "Dolby Pro Logic", there is also a selection option of "Dolby Pro Logic 2".

-

Another question since this thread has been so helpful if someone wouldn't mind. I have some MKV files that appear to be playing two audio tracks at the same time, that is two different languages. Is there a fix to this? Once again, I am in WMC.
Question. If you are using wmc why are you using the lav decodes over ffdshow? You cannot ff or rewind using the lav decodes and have no control over subtitles if using a remote. I use ffdshow as the decoder and I have not had an issue with the volume being low using wmc. I have also never had an issue with two audio tracks being played.
Deihmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2013, 21:21   #15560  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
That's off topic for this thread. Make a new thread. But watch out for rule 6. We don't allow discussion of downloaded MKVs. Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter