Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 17th February 2002, 23:29   #1  |  Link
chilledinsanity

Anti-shit problems

Hey I have a question about the anti-shit option in Gordian Knot. I always check it because I'll almost always get a small scene or two that bleed like hell, which is what anti-shit is designed to clean up. The thing is that even after checking the option in Gordian know (using the 16dB) default, on about half the movies I encode, I'll still get scenes that don't look good. Right now I'm handling this by manually going in using Nandub and re-encoding those specific scenes, then appending the files together. It works, but it's not the most elegant solution. Does increasing the decibel rating of the anti-shit filter significantly impact image quality/ filesize? If it simply takes longer to encode, I'm all for that, as I'd like to have things a little more automated. However if it increases the filesize a lot or reduces the image quality significantly, I'd prefer not to use it. Any suggestions?
chilledinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 21:07   #2  |  Link
FxOverlord

Putting antishit too high can result in keyframes being added too often therefore meaning that size can be way too large. What exact encoding errors are you getting?

Have you tried using min quality settings, in Nandub?
FxOverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2002, 21:20   #3  |  Link
chilledinsanity

Okay, I'll explain this the best I can. When I generate the avi file I can play it back flawlessly in Nandub in the preview mode and it will look great. However, when I save that as an .avi doing a direct stream copy, there will occasionally be places where the picture "bleeds" during scenes, no matter what player I use. I'm very confused about this. Sometimes re-rendering with anti-shit helps, sometimes it doesn't. What is Nandub's preview mode doing right that the other players aren't?
Old 20th February 2002, 05:35   #4  |  Link
chilledinsanity

Fixed it!!!

My problem didn't even have to do with the anti-shit setting. What was going on was with my video renderer. I made a graph file and it fixed it right up. Thanks anyway though.