Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th May 2011, 13:36   #1  |  Link
fruitful

Titles: formatting & effects

Hi, all!
I wasn't able to find exact or similar answer on my question in the forum, so starting a new thread. My fault if there is some. Would be grateful to point it for me.
Very often I make a lot of lower thirds for online video, so I decided to speed up the process using Avisynth. Though I use Avisynth this far to prepare the video, I used png .mov lower thirds prepared in advance which are overlay-ed on the main video at the proper time. Now, as an extension of my Avisynth-knowledge (learning it on the go) I would like to do the lower thirds in Avisynth, also. My question is about the titles. I'm using SubtitleEx because of its formatting capabilities.
1) Is it possible somehow to format the text in titles, so that when text is wider than the lower third or the frame width itself to narrow that text? I would do that conditionally if there's appropriate plugin or some way.
2) I would like to do some transition of the text when appearing - showing the title from left to right (not moving, just characters of a static title appear from left to right) with some kind of a motion blur. That's what I was doing so far in another application. I tried using DissolveAGG with no success - maybe doing something wrong...

If that's not possible with titles, may be it's possible with titles made in advance as png-frames and imported? Especially the transition - that's what I need the most now.

Any suggestions and critique would be highly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
fruitful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 20:30   #2  |  Link
Zarxrax

If you want more advanced text, you should probably check into Aegisub.
Zarxrax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effects, formatting, lower third, subtitles, titles