Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 7th December 2005, 06:57   #41  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Quote:
Ebobtron,
Many thanks for your works. At last i try it.
But i will report bug report and suggestions. Did you really ask it
It is very nice when someone likes your work. We get a better program when they don’t. I will not alway agree but I listen.
Quote:
1. severe bug: I can not use two or more trims - some "unexpected characters" apeears instead of "+" at end of script: t01 + t02
Please, anybody confirm it. (may be it is for Russian codepage only ?)
Everything in FilmCutter is “ASCII”, “+” = 0x2B.
Code:
if(spliceType == 1)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"+");

if(spliceType == 2)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"++");

Then later in the process:

while(t < i)
  {
     sprintf(bb,"%st%02i",spliceChar,t);
     lstrcat(aa,bb);
     t++;
  }
ofile << aa;

Should I use:
sprintf(spliceChar,"%c%c",43,43);
Quote:
2. small bug: If I use loadplugin("filter.dll") instead of loadplugin("c:\plugindir\filter.dll"), script failed. You must use default dir, where script.avs is placed, but not filmcutter itself.
I can see where that is a problem “windat.avs” needs to reside in the source script directory. By having “windat.avs” in FilmCutter’s directory I don’t have to delete it and I have a backup of the last script loaded prior to any crash. An oversight by me otherwise. Can fix and I’ll rename it to fctemp.avs so you know where it came from. Intended to put a header in the file also.
Quote:
3.semi-bug: Where are windows controls ? Why i may not move filmcutter window ?
Because I am Lazy, I killed the title bar and killed the automated move from windows. I am sure that I can write something that allows you to click on the main window frame and drag it around, I just have not done it. I gave you a minimize selection in the menus, what more do you need. I might be lazy, but I can drag the edges around. I will add it to the list.
Quote:
4. Avisynth function selection in Script window is nice. But how i can exit it without selection (cancel selection)?
4.1 IMHO, use it as simple name and parameters reminder window will be quite fine.
It may be not obligatory to select from list and put to script something. It may be done by hand too.
This one I did not miss. Just did not tell you about it. Menu select to show list / menu select to hide list. Ctrl+Tab to show list / Ctrl+Tab to hide list. Guess I can hide it with the escape key too. As for 4.1, I have a thought about having a “save last used parameters” option, could be useful.
Quote:
5. View select switching is a little complex. Why not place it directly on list (without tree)? Faster switching.
Did that mostly for organization instead of “Script Editor Window View”, it seem to make a little more sense. Been thinking about short cut keys but can not decide which to use. Any ideas.
Quote:
6. Preview window is very fast! It is very good (unlike AVSEDIT). 4:3 and 16:9 aspect is good idea. But it is missed the MAIN feature: direct AS IS output without any resising, (scale 1:1), pixel by pixel, precise view. And it must be default option! Probably, window resizing by mouse is bad idea (IMHO). It is very hard return to 1:1 scale later.
7.1 IMHO, preview window must start with stopped (paused) frame (not playing).
7.2. It will be very good, if after switching and editing in script window, the Preview was returned to not to start frame, but to same last frame. Filmcutter must remember this position. It is very useful virtualdubMod F5 feature (and to tune avisynth script parameters (like filter strength).
7.3. IMHO, previe window must not be closed after switching to script window, for easy contral above filtering changes.
I have begun the rewrite of all of this, that you list above, I think you will like. I have kind of had my head in the function list and param help dialog. When done you will be able to select from a list of preview options that should set F5 on it’s ear.
Quote:
8. I still want 2 frame window (aka timeline) in Video editor view. So we can see exact trim position (see both frame before trim and frame after trim).
See above, all part of the same functions except for the additional video windows, which should nest in nicely.
Quote:
Best regards!
I like to see othe opinions too. By the way , thanks for source code of your program.
Yes, yes more opinions please..... and..... Your welcome, just return it when your done.
Quote:
In addition I see interesting info about VirtualDub and reopen badly edited scripts
http://forums.virtualdub.org/index....T&f=15&t=11178&
I have dropped phaeron‘s post for brevity. Not sure what your trying to tell me about, a way of dealing with bad edits or multiple instances of avisynth.dll causing a memory problem, both issues are in my head, we will see. The no video or audio only script issue FilmCutter has is my fault and will be fixed in the next release. Probably will not play but should not terminate the program at warp 10.
for spending the time with FilmCutter
Ebobtron
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 09:29   #42  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I am still do not understand, does Ebotron or somebody else has this problem with "++" for two trims?

Last edited by Fizick; 7th December 2005 at 20:11.
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 21:20   #43  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hi Fizick,
Sorry for my poor attemp at an answer above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick
I am still do not understand, does Ebotron or somebody else has this problem with "++" for two trims?
I can not duplicate bug.
I checked the project output script in a hex editor and all was ok. This is what it should look like.
Code:
 t  0  1     +     t  0  2     +  +     t  0  3
74 30 31 20 2b 20 74 30 32 20 2b 2b 20 74 30 33
To repeat from above post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebobtron
Everything in FilmCutter is “ASCII”, “+” = 0x2B.
Code:
if(spliceType == 1)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"+");
if(spliceType == 2)
   sprintf(spliceChar,"++");

Then later in the process:
while(t < i)
  {
     sprintf(bb,"%st%02i",spliceChar,t);
     lstrcat(aa,bb);
     t++;
  }
ofile << aa;

Should I use:
sprintf(spliceChar,"%c%c",43,43);
I was trying to show you how the code is written, and if you thought a change would help your problem. If you are having trouble with "++", I am concerned about other charactors such as "(" ")" like "trim(xxx,xxxx)".

Sorry for my poor answer.
Ebobtron
Old 8th December 2005, 02:41   #44  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hi all,

Fizick truly found a bug, easy to fix.

+ = 1;
++ = 2;
whatever happens to be in 4 bytes of memory = 0;

When FilmCutter first runs it has to create filmcutter.ini which it fills with blank data. If you never access the write script dialog you will never write over the zeros in filmcutter.ini "write script" field. To access this dialog box right click the scene list window in the video editor. This problem is very old.

Let me just remind everyone to right click everything you see, there could be or will be a popup or menu that could be adjustable

Great catch Fizick
Ebobtron
Old 8th December 2005, 06:28   #45  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

O.K.

About next:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebobtron
I can see where that is a problem “windat.avs” needs to reside in the source script directory. By having “windat.avs” in FilmCutter’s directory I don’t have to delete it and I have a backup of the last script loaded prior to any crash. An oversight by me otherwise. Can fix and I’ll rename it to fctemp.avs so you know where it came from. Intended to put a header in the file also.
Renaming to fctemp.avs is fine. Putting it to script dir will work, but
you can consider two other possibility, when it resides in Filmcutter (or TEMP) directory:
2. OR you may try to add "SetWorkingDir (original path)" to beginning of project avs.
3. ELSE you may set working dir for filmcutter.exe (by some Windows API command).
Old 8th December 2005, 21:05   #46  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Quote:
Renaming to fctemp.avs is fine.
That is what I did.
Quote:
Putting it to script dir will work
Works great
Quote:
but
you can consider two other possibility, when it resides in FilmCutter (or TEMP) directory:
2. OR you may try to add "SetWorkingDir (original path)" to beginning of project avs.
Works just as well but could be more confusing to user I think.
Quote:
3. ELSE you may set working dir for filmcutter.exe (by some Windows API command).
This does not work in simple form and could be a lot of work when the two above always work.
This could be revisited later.

I did look though the API functions could not find the one I need like below.
Code:
Class GodLike
{
   bool readUsersMind(void);
};
Then I could write:
Code:
if(!lstrcmp(fName,"Untitled")
  {
    readUsersMind();
  }
"When there is no path, there is no solution."

Ebobtron

p.s. Next
Old 8th December 2005, 21:45   #47  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

Good news about fixing a bug.
(do not forget always set default case to any conditional block! )

I will like filmcutter.exe soon
But I dislike, if in every directory we will have fctemp.avs.
Or you will delete it on exit?
Way "2" with Setworkingdir("xxx") temporary line is better in my opinion.

best regards
Old 9th December 2005, 17:00   #48  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@Fizick

Good news about fixing a bug.
(do not forget always set default case to any conditional block! )

Yes of course.
I will like filmcutter.exe soon
Start liking FilmCutter sooner, please.
But I dislike, if in every directory we will have fctemp.avs.
Or you will delete it on exit?

fctemp.avs is gone. windat.avs returns to FilmCutter directory.
Way "2" with Setworkingdir("xxx") temporary line is better in my opinion.
Yup, that is what I have done.
Code:
When source = untitled && load*() is used
if(createPreviewAvs())
  Warn user that script may have to be saved to resolve search path for file componets
Still lots of ways for user to get into trouble d2v =“my.d2v” instead of d2v = “d2vpath\my.d2v” If script is untitled (unsaved) lots of errors are possible.

No easy fix for file descriptions that contains no drive\directory information.

Next was window controls: != 1.3b

1.3b will have new preview window options
  1. video rightside, script properties from AviSynth leftside with frame lock
  2. video top, script editor bottom with update button and frame lock
  3. dual window saved source left, edited left, script editor at bottom
  4. original size for sure and maybe scrolable zoom or full screen toogle
Lots to do
Happy happy,
TTFN
Ebobtron
Old 26th December 2005, 05:41   #49  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello everyone and Merry, HO HO.
Made some small progress on 0.0.1.3b., but lots still to do.
If you'd like a preview of the new preview?
http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/fc13alpha.zip

The script preview functions now have two modes the first or standard has a frame counter with frame advance and reverse buttons. Also a jump to frame window. The second or w/script editor has the script editor text window displayed in the lower portion of FilmCutter's window and an update button for loading the edited script data into the viewer. Preview w/editor uses the same editor, it has the same menu and all functions of the editor are available for use.

Entering preview can be done by menu or the F5 key. F6 will jump to the preview and begin play from wherever the preview window last was, and then control play/stop in the preview window.

You can jump to any frame directly by entering the frame number into the jump window and pressing enter.

You can change the preview mode while in preview by using the video window menu preview mode selector.

This and future versions will draw a more defined line between the script preview feature and the video viewer.

I have included the current changelog with the alpha.

Oh yea, ever sense the idea of an imported filter/function list was thrust upon me by Fizick, the gray stuff between my ears has been churning the stock edit control functions and I have proven to myself that I could write some code that would draw a colored overlay for the keywords. I am not overly please with the results. You can see it by clicking the syntax highlighting item under script options in the script editor popup menu.

If your new to avsFilmCutter the main page is here:
http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter

Last edited by Ebobtron; 26th December 2005 at 07:07.
Old 26th December 2005, 11:09   #50  |  Link
medp7060

I tried 0.0.1.3b. As reported before, all the buttons on the initial windows are missing their text, and the video does not go into preview. I am using XP SP2.
medp7060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2005, 15:52   #51  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@ medp7060
Sorry, the user interface is a bit tricky.

The buttons on the right side of the initial window are user programmable and are blank until you set them up, click one, or right click one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060
I tried 0.0.1.3b. As reported before, all the buttons on the initial windows are missing their text, and the video does not go into preview. I am using XP SP2.
How are you entering preview? If you use the menu "View Selection" to switch views the script will not load. Use F5 or the menu item PreView Script. The status bar on the very left side will display the view mode you are in, it will read "Script Preview" when in preview and "Video Viewer" when not.

Again, sorry you're having trouble. Please try again.
Old 27th December 2005, 02:25   #52  |  Link
medp7060

I see. Please add something above the buttons saying "user defined".

I did use the menu item PreView Script. no video at all although the same script can be played well using other tools. It actually hang and I could not return to the editor by F5.
Old 27th December 2005, 02:56   #53  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

@ medp7060
Could you please show me the script and also which tools does the script work in, VirtualDub, MplayerClassic, please? What version of AviSynth?

Do you recieve any warning messages from FilmCutter?

Also after starting FilmCutter without changing the text in the editor press F5, you should get an error message from avisynth. Switch to Video Viewer and right clicking the video window open a script there it should load there also.
With your script loaded in the editor press F8 that should show a short list the output properties for your script.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medp7060
I see. Please add something above the buttons saying "user defined".

I did use the menu item PreView Script. no video at all although the same script can be played well using other tools. It actually hang and I could not return to the editor by F5.
Thanks for the information, I need more though.

Last edited by Ebobtron; 27th December 2005 at 03:33.
Old 29th December 2005, 12:00   #54  |  Link
medp7060

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\GORDIA~1\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
DirectShowSource("E:\ccc.avi",30)
ConvertToYV12()
It is palyable by VirtualDub, WMplayer. Version of AviSynth is the latest one 2.56.

I loaded the script and F8 worked. Then "Preview script" failed and I got no warning messages from FilmCutter. It hang.
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:42   #55  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hello all,
Hope everyone had a nice holiday.
New alpha2 is at http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter/fc13alpha.zip

alpha 1 had broken parts everywhere:
  • no encode from script menu
  • the scene editor lost its edit row feature, it was really broken and took forever to find. Caused by my adding the filter help dialog. Really easy to fix though.
  • lots of little things related to focus
"DirectShowSource"
Don't you just love things that come along and stop you dead in your tracks? Why AviSynth's output is different when using DSS as compared to any other input filter is beyond me. Maybe the overall environment is different, but as things relate to FilmCutter's viewer, something is different.
@ medp7060
You wrote, "It hang." It sure do.
If you right click on the task bar button for FilmCutter twice the program will un-hang, or it does for me.

The program is halting. When the filename(the script in the editor) is loaded into the viewer, the stock windows function that performs the task never returns control to FilmCutter. My system almost always loads the file and shows me the video but never returns from preview without the hang.

The same thing is happening thought, when it loads and fails it closes the file and hangs. When it loads successfully it hangs when you close the file by switching out of preview.

When you ask for the script output properties FilmCutter uses the same functions that VirtualDub uses and they seem to be able to open and close the file without trouble.

My investigation into this will continue, but the facts support no solution at this time, except that I need a different viewer and that is another story.

Thanks again for calling this to my attention.
Old 11th January 2006, 20:19   #56  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

avsFilmCutter 0.0.1.3b
or
http://rapidshare.de/files/10860233/...3beta.zip.html
Please check the changelog and the user's doc in the zip file.
Old 12th January 2006, 23:19   #57  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

Huge amount of changes! Thanks!
I will try it, but I have not very many time now.
Old 1st February 2006, 20:44   #58  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

avsFilmCutter 0.0.1.4b

Version 0.0.1.4beta is on the website. Most of the important changes are internal. Added an optional "Info" window to the Script Preview feature, this information is gathered directly from AviSynth and should be more complete.
As an example ColorSpace will be reported as RGB instead of DIB. "Script Preview" has its own menu to better accommodate future additions to this feature. The Video Editor Source/Project check box has been replaced by two radio buttons Source and Project.

or
http://rapidshare.de/files/12329053/...4beta.zip.html

Old 3rd February 2006, 16:36   #59  |  Link
Amnon82
Paldo-GNU/LinuxMaintainer

@Ebobtron: I took a look on your programm. Nice app.

I've two questions for you:
I'm coding in Delphi and use avisynth_c-port for open AVS-files in my newest build of AutoQ2. I coded also an sample app with a preview option. avisynth_c displays only files in RGB. I tried also your app with YUY2, YUV12 and got a black screen. In my apps I got a white one. Only RGB shows the frames. So my first question is: Does AVISYNTH only displays RGB frames?

My second question: In what language do you code?
Amnon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:23   #60  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hi Amnon82,
Thanks for the “Nice App”, I think it is a good idea that needs work.

I will answer the last question first. C++ using “Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003” with “Microsoft Platform SDK February 2003” both free from Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/.

As for the second, “Does AVISYNTH only displays RGB frames?”. The answer is no. AviSynth outputs YV12, YUY2 and RGB and I believe a couple more are planned.

Concerning the white screen, FilmCutter will show a white screen if no file is loaded into the viewer. Otherwise it should show the first frame of video, if it is black, then it shall be black. FilmCutter should view any file you can load into VirtualDub.

It is a little hard to tell by your question, is FilmCutter only showing black frames with YV12 and YUY2. Does your script file work in VirtualDub, does it contain DSS as an input source?

Your problem is I think easier to define. If you will let me assume that you are getting the frame data and drawing it to the screen then only the RGB will work without some conversion in between. May I recommend that you look at the source code for two AviSynth plug-ins, avsMonitor and tritical’s TMonitor. I can not really read it very well, but it is clear that colorspace testing and converting is going on.

Thanks again for looking in and for the nice comments. And please if you could calm my fears about the black frames.