Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th August 2012, 15:46   #12021  |  Link
Lyoko

I'm sorry because my English very Bad!
I'm want example LAV for Delphi > Delphi 10-XE2 Or 16. Thank you very much!
Lyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 18:52   #12022  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12 View Post
Definite issues with MPEG2i content that is corrected when forcing interlacing off in MadVR. The material is interlaced but MadVR is not deinterlacing correctly or there is some kind of conflict. You can literally see frame jump when forcing MadVR deinterlace off. ...Then all is perfect. (again AMD Radeon only)
You say if you force deinterlacing to OFF in MadVR, the movie looks perfect ?
On the other hand you're sure this movie is interfaced.... Humm....strange ...why do you think it's interlaced at all ?

Did you have the same problem with NVidia cards ?
Was deinterlacing ON are OFF in MadVR ?
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 21:03   #12023  |  Link
blackjack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
You say if you force deinterlacing to OFF in MadVR, the movie looks perfect ?
On the other hand you're sure this movie is interfaced.... Humm....strange ...why do you think it's interlaced at all ?

Did you have the same problem with NVidia cards ?
Was deinterlacing ON are OFF in MadVR ?
Deinterlacing on in MadVR.

All indicate interlaced in MadVR, also in MediaInfo.

All other file formats are good (all MKV container tests)

UPDATE:
99% of material is actually progressive, there is an "interlaced" blip at the beginning that signals "interlaced" with MadVR even though most of the material is progressive. Force MadVR deinterlacing off and results are good.

Problem is seen with AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce GPU's
Windows 10 Pro (all latest updates)

Last edited by blackjack12; 21st August 2012 at 01:51.
blackjack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 01:43   #12024  |  Link
blackjack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

Generally, if you report problems with specific samples with LAV + madVR, please always check if madVR reports deinterlacing to be on/off, and whether overriding that decision by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D fixes things. You would noticably increase the usefulness of your reports if you mentioned right away what the real problem is. There are 3 basic possibilities:

(1) Image quality is bad with deinterlacing off, but good with deinterlacing on. The problem is that it's not turned on automatically.
(2) Image quality is bad with deinterlacing on, but good with deinterlacing off. The problem is that it's turned on automatically.
(3) Image quality is bad in any case, no matter if deinterlacing is activated or not.

For every problem you see, it would be nice if you could specify which of the 3 problems we're talking about. Also, it would be helpful to know if EVR plays the same file correctly with the same decoder settings.

Madshi,

The final MPEG2 “interlaced” (but not really) material issues. - DVD material rips direct with MakeMKV ver 1.7.6 or 1.7.7
Radeon 6570 GPU, ver. 12.8 drivers (Now see same on NVidia 560Ti and GT525M systems)

MadVR is “BAD”
Reports deinterlacing on : force off and is “GOOD” (2)

EVR/EVR-CP is “GOOD”
Can actually see the FPS jump a little at beginning that looks like interlaced then goes to 24fps. An interlaced beginning blip that triggers MadVR and MediaInfo reads but EVR ignores or plays through.

MediaInfo shows material as interlaced but the reason that I did not include samples is because when I used MKVMerge to create clip of credits where easy to see, the clip now indicates progressive. I can’t link or upload the entire rip for you to see and test. But this happens on almost all the files. They indicate interlaced, but break them up and now have a “progressive” clip that plays fine.

Even tried re-ripping with absolute newest MakeMKV to see if that was issue but all show same result.

So the interlaced flag that looks like is a quick blip in the beginning is being seen and responded to by MadVR but EVR “ignores”? and plays correctly.

Did not upload samples but here some DVD’s that I had that easily showed the issues: (ripped with MakeMKV ver 1.7.7)
  • 13 Going on 30
  • xXx
  • The Back to the Future Series
  • … Many, many more

I then used the latest MKVMerge and clipped the first 30 seconds off the ripped material to see if could get rid of the “interlaced” blip and it did! Now the files play as progressive without issue.

The “interlaced” blip at the beginning causes the entire video to be seen as “interlaced” by MadVR when in fact it is not. ... I think may be in the beginning logo, quick check and I found a lot of problem DVD's were from Columbia Pictures. With more thorough searching probably can find more connections.

A similar issue with the “Good Year” clip that switches to “interlaced” after 10 seconds, but all of these have an interlaced blip at the very beginning of the video.

Note:
See the exact same behavior with NVidia/CUVID with 560Ti and GT525M systems.

UPDATE NOTE:
Clipping off 1.0-20 sec at the beginning of the MKV file got rid of the "interlace blip" on most files and they indicated deinterlacing off with MadVR and progressive in MediaInfo in MPC-HC - and played without issue.

Columbia logo had interlace blip in the "middle" of intro on some files and had to clip out entirely. The "old" intro logos are crappy and cause most of the problems ...

Not practical but it worked ... Really need MadVR to address this. EVR/EVR-CP allows these files to play correctly.

Last edited by blackjack12; 21st August 2012 at 03:42.
Old 21st August 2012, 08:12   #12025  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Ok, I'll see if I can make madVR behave identical to EVR for such files.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 16:33   #12026  |  Link
blackjack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Ok, I'll see if I can make madVR behave identical to EVR for such files.
Thanks Madshi ...

Let me know if you want/need some sample material to test but for this if you have a number of ripped DVD's using MakeMKV which contain the original MPEG2 material it shouldn't be hard to find some with problems. Especially older DVD's.

I also wanted you to know that on the very few files/DVD's that are actually interlaced material, the MadVR deinterlacing quality was just phenomenal in comparison to anything else tested.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:07   #12027  |  Link
bjd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack12 View Post

Note:
See the exact same behavior with NVidia/CUVID with 560Ti and GT525M systems.
Do you get issues even when the Cuvid Decoder is set to adaptive interlacing, the default is none (Weave) incidently ?

If Cuvid is de-interlacing, MadVR should not detect.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:22   #12028  |  Link
blackjack12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd View Post
Do you get issues even when the Cuvid Decoder is set to adaptive interlacing, the default is none (Weave) incidently ?

If Cuvid is de-interlacing, MadVR should not detect.
For the NVIDIA/CUVID if you turn on deinterlacing in MadVR you should turn off in LAV - set to "weave" off.

If you turn on with "adaptive" then MadVR will/should see "progessive" and not turn on deinterlacing.

If you do this I strongly recommend turning off or unchecking deinterlacing with MadVR. If you don't I have seen many times conflicts and very bad results.

My experience is that you really have to choose ... MadVR for deinterlacing or LAV/CUVID only.

When I have time will post all settings for both AMD and NVIDIA setups and hopefully others can avoid some of the hit and miss struggles I have had over the past months ...

Note:
I have seen quite large differences between the 560Ti and GT525M in some fundamental decoding with LAV/CUVID and am not sure why.

Because I have 2 systems in HTPC setups with the Radeon 6570 cards I have not focused a lot on the NVIDIA setups yet as they are in computers not being used as HTPC's.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:19   #12029  |  Link
JohnnyFu

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a h264 sample video file, preferbly TS, with very high bitrate (above 40.000Mbit/s).
I would really appreciate it if somebody could post one, I already searched the internet for some time without finding anything usefull

best regards
Sebastian
JohnnyFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:33   #12030  |  Link
Deshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFu View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a h264 sample video file, preferbly TS, with very high bitrate (above 40.000Mbit/s).
I would really appreciate it if somebody could post one, I already searched the internet for some time without finding anything usefull

best regards
Sebastian
This might be it...
http://tinyurl.com/KillaSampla
http://rapidshare.com/files/82525583/killa.sampla.x264.mkv.html
Deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:47   #12031  |  Link
mkanet

There are some bluray movies that have a video bitrate slightly higher than 40mbit/sec; which the m2ts files can be remuxed to ts such as "28 Days Later...". Just remux the movie .m2ts file to .ts. However, I haven't found anything readily downloadable.

Since you didn't mention video resolution, below, is a 2160p roasted duck H.264 (50mbit/s) video in ts container. Plays back fine on my PC (Nvidia GT640).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a1b8ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFu View Post
Hello everyone,

best regards
Sebastian
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:53   #12032  |  Link
JohnnyFu

Thank you guys, I'll look into the samples when I'm back at the office.
JohnnyFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 20:27   #12033  |  Link
zerowalker

Does anyone know why Goldwave can decode audio formats if ffdshow has them activated, but not if LAV has it?
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 02:31   #12034  |  Link
dansrfe

nevcairiel,

Feature request: When DTS bitstreaming is enabled (and DTS-HD MA is not) and DTS-HD MA is the source input for LAV Audio Decoder, would it be possible to send the DTS Core to bitstream instead of simply sending PCM and bypassing the bitstream option?

Te reasons for this is I have an ASUS EN9500GT and unfortunately it doesn't support 8 channel LPCM OR DTS-HD MA so the only other choices in this case are DTS bitstream or 2 channel LPCM and 2 channel LPCM is not acceptable obviously. I plan to upgrade to something much better soon but until then I'm hoping that LAV Audio Decoder can perform this workaround instead of me having to disable LAV Audio and bitstream the DTS Core through ffdshow audio decoder.

Thanks for LAV!

Last edited by dansrfe; 24th August 2012 at 02:35.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 07:01   #12035  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Feature request: When DTS bitstreaming is enabled (and DTS-HD MA is not) and DTS-HD MA is the source input for LAV Audio Decoder, would it be possible to send the DTS Core to bitstream instead of simply sending PCM and bypassing the bitstream option?
Are you sure it doesn't already do that?
I'm quite positive it should.
Old 24th August 2012, 08:52   #12036  |  Link
red5goahead

Hi

I have to upgrade my pc. Core i5 3470 with P67 , Z68 or Z77 chipset. Quicksync will be avaiable on video decoding with Lav?
thanks
red5goahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 16:59   #12037  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
Does anyone know why Goldwave can decode audio formats if ffdshow has them activated, but not if LAV has it?
I'm not sure wat Goldwave uses for audio something like ACM's or the DirectShow (DSHOW) interface/format.
FFdshow supports both, while LAV supports only DSHOW.
So if Goldwave uses these acm's instead of DShow, you're out of luck and only FFDshow can work.

Last edited by Pat357; 24th August 2012 at 23:25. Reason: Correction to audio
Old 24th August 2012, 17:19   #12038  |  Link
Snowknight26

Audio, not video.
Snowknight26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 17:19   #12039  |  Link
dansrfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Are you sure it doesn't already do that?
I'm quite positive it should.
That's strange... LAV outputs the way I want when I select the audio output with DirectShow prepended to it but it doesn't work when I select "S/PDIF Front..." directly as the output in MPC-HC. And the video stutters when I select the latter option as well. Does it make a difference if I bitstream over WASAPI or DirectSound or are those irrelevant because ReClock might be able to bitstream over WASAPI but some people don't like bitstreaming through ReClock for some reason?

EDIT: Yeah LAV Audio bitstreams the DTS Core when I select "DirectSound ... S/PDIF Front..." and when I select ReClock with bitstream passthrough over WASAPI excl.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 23:27   #12040  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Audio, not video.
Right.... I see, thanks for noticing me.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter