Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 10th October 2018, 11:58   #8641  |  Link
imsrk48

how to make any mkv mp4 file into DVD player playable format?
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 12:06   #8642  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Does the player support Xvid/Divx?
Then choose video codec Xvid (HomeTheatre), container AVI, audio codec lame MP3 or AC-3.

If not see AVStoDVD instead of MeGUI.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 12:07   #8643  |  Link
imsrk48

i don't Know which format are supported in DVD players

I have tried MPEG-2 codec & vod format in DVD player.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:09   #8644  |  Link
sneaker_ger

See AVStoDVD.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 12:11   #8645  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

To produce a "DVD Video" consumer medium as specified, you will need a DVD Authoring tool. MeGUI will not help you here at all.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 12:13   #8646  |  Link
imsrk48

okay sir thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
To produce a "DVD Video" consumer medium as specified, you will need a DVD Authoring tool. MeGUI will not help you here at all.
Old 13th October 2018, 14:54   #8647  |  Link
rhaz

When editing text/path in fields like Video Output, ctrl+c and ctrl+v works fine, but if you want to cut text out with ctrl+x it triggers the exit and closes the program, which ain't right.
rhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 15:32   #8648  |  Link
Zathor

Reason is that File\Exit has also the shutcut ctrl+x. Potentially I could change all other relevant controls to ignore that, however easier is to simply remove the File\Exit option completly. I assume nobody is using that to close MeGUI.
EDIT: or better: I have changed it from ctrl+x to alt+f4

Last edited by Zathor; 13th October 2018 at 15:39.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 16:47   #8649  |  Link
hello_hello

Speaking of cutting and pasting, would it be hard to endow the script creator with more than one "undo" level?

Currently right click and "undo" reverts the last change to any text entered under the script tab, but a second right click and "undo" effectively becomes "re-do". It'd also be nice if after changing something via the GUI (cropping or resizing etc) you could switch to the script tab and "undo" the changes MeGUI made to the script, although maybe that's wishful thinking. It'd be nice to have more than one undo level when manually editing a script though. The more the merrier, really.

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2018, 19:23   #8650  |  Link
imsrk48

why encoding speed slow when I'm using image sub .ass in megui
Old 28th October 2018, 19:03   #8651  |  Link
bruno321

Under the FFMpeg AC-3 configuration dialog, I often use the Time Modification option to slow down with pitch correction from 25 to 24 FPS. I would like to know if it's possible to do the same but using other custom FPS. For example, at the moment I'd like a 22 to 20 time modification, with pitch correction. I guess one can achieve this using the command line in the "Extra" tab, but I don't know how to do it or where exactly to look for it. Thanks!
bruno321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 21:07   #8652  |  Link
hello_hello

Try either of these in the custom command line section (for ffmpeg). I'm not sure which is the better quality.

-af "atempo='20.0/22.0'"

-af "rubberband=tempo='20.0/22.0'"

Or try this script. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...ioSpeed-script

AudioSpeed(20,22, PitchCorrect=true)

There's a newer version here. I haven't uploaded it to the thread yet. Maybe I forgot, or hadn't tested it much. I can't remember. Not that much can go wrong.
AudioSpeed 2018-06-29.zip
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2018, 18:02   #8653  |  Link
imsrk48

anyone please give me some tips to get better quality as source file in megui
some settings

please help me guys
Old 30th October 2018, 18:31   #8654  |  Link
Octo-puss

How do I rotate video with MeGUI? It's probably done through script creator, but I don't understand this stuff one bit.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 01:11   #8655  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@ Octo-puss:

Prerequisite would be learning AviSynth. The installation of the legacy version 2.6.0 contains a quite good introduction guide as set of HTML pages (you will want to restore a more modern installation of an MT version afterwards, possibly even AviSynth+); I did not check if it is also contained in a source archive, in this case you may be able to avoid an installation.

StainlessS also offers the documentation as a CHM file (reading that in a modern Windows may require the installation of some WinHelp32 tools, but its advantage is being a compact archive, and you don't have to install a legacy version just to get the documentation).

To rotate the video left or right by 90°, you can use the Turn filters; Turn180() creates a result equal to both Flip filters in a sequence: FlipHorizontal().FlipVertical(); rotating arbitrary angles is more complex and will require a plugin.
__

@ imsrk48:

Improving the subjective visual quality is an extremely complex field of video filtering which requires a separate thread. It is also independent of the used converter (whether MeGUI or any other AviSynth based tools), but it depends a lot on attributes of each different source file.

It's not a topic for this thread. Except for activating filters already provided explicitly, like some noise filter presets in the AVS Script Creator.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 31st October 2018 at 01:14.
Old 31st October 2018, 01:58   #8656  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
StainlessS also offers the documentation as a CHM file (reading that in a modern Windows may require the installation of some WinHelp32 tools, but its advantage is being a compact archive, and you don't have to install a legacy version just to get the documentation).
Post moved here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...97#post1856497

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st October 2018 at 02:28.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 05:53   #8657  |  Link
imsrk48

can i use noise filter for improve quality?
which is best filter.
Quote:
@ Octo-puss:

Prerequisite would be learning AviSynth. The installation of the legacy version 2.6.0 contains a quite good introduction guide as set of HTML pages (you will want to restore a more modern installation of an MT version afterwards, possibly even AviSynth+); I did not check if it is also contained in a source archive, in this case you may be able to avoid an installation.

To rotate the video left or right by 90°, you can use the Turn filters; Turn180() creates a result equal to both Flip filters in a sequence: FlipHorizontal().FlipVertical(); rotating arbitrary angles is more complex and will require a plugin.
__

@ imsrk48:

Improving the subjective visual quality is an extremely complex field of video filtering which requires a separate thread. It is also independent of the used converter (whether MeGUI or any other AviSynth based tools), but it depends a lot on attributes of each different source file.

It's not a topic for this thread. Except for activating filters already provided explicitly, like some noise filter presets in the AVS Script Creator.
Old 31st October 2018, 06:48   #8658  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

No useless full-quotes, please, they are a waste of space.

No filter ever will repair a ruined video. Lost is gone. CSI-like restoration is a lie. There are ways to make the loss look less annoying, but again: This is not the thread to discuss this huge topic. Make a new one, and provide video samples of the video clip you want to have improved (not just single screenshots).

New German Gleitz board
Old 31st October 2018, 13:46   #8659  |  Link
Octo-puss

Quote:
@ Octo-puss:

__

@ imsrk48:

This is pretty confusing.
So I need to download some extra .dlls for this functionality?
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 13:55   #8660  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
StainlessS also offers the documentation as a CHM file
This is the compressed help file noted by LigH:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/62mphc...2015-05-31.zip
Assist in learning avisynth scripting.

Quote:
rotating arbitrary angles is more complex and will require a plugin.
A turn by 90 degrees + multiples of, is included in Avisynth builtin filters, as is eg FlipHorizontal and FlipVertical,
but rotation by some other non multiple of 90 degrees would require external plugin.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st October 2018 at 14:00.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui