Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 6th February 2006, 20:18   #221  |  Link
jeanl

A lot of things were changed between v.69 and the next version!
Let's wait until you get back home (me too!) then we can make more tests. If need be, I'll ask you to send me a snippet from the VOB so I can replicate the problem at home...
jeanl
Old 7th February 2006, 02:40   #222  |  Link
Mtz

voo_doo99, try to move the cursor for the position of subtitles. Not the Up and Down buttons and no entering manually some desires values. Work this for you?

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 08:37   #223  |  Link
jeanl

Mtz, you're still having the same problem?
Could it come from the specific vob you're trying? COuld you possibly send me a snippet via yousendit.com?
jeanl
Old 7th February 2006, 13:40   #224  |  Link
odbo2005

jenal,
The position modify bug in all version.
Must move the position slidebar before modify position.
If not,the position check of Apply to all dialog box is not checked.
Although checked "Apply changes subpic position"and press "DO IT",nothing changed.

If move the position slidebar or after use arow(or number) macro edit,
"Apply changes subpic position" auto checked & the position modify is work prefect.

Last edited by odbo2005; 7th February 2006 at 13:42.
odbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 17:44   #225  |  Link
jeanl

odbo2005, this isn't a bug. If you haven't moved the subtitle, then what would you apply to other subtitles? The "apply move" will be checked if you moved the current subtitle, either with the slider, with the form, or with the two buttons...
If that does not work, then yes there's a bug!
jeanl
EDIT: I can see that you have "-24" in the position form, what did you use to select this value? The form? The small buttons? This looks like a bug, but it works fine on my PC! I just checked again... What version are you using?

Last edited by jeanl; 7th February 2006 at 17:48.
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 18:06   #226  |  Link
voo_doo99

jeanl,
I think Mtz and odbo2005 had pinpointed the cause of my problem [thanks, fellows] and I verified that. The problem is the Subtitle & Border positioning only worked using the slider. If I used the Up/Down buttons, the Border dropdown, or pasted a value into the form box; the change would not stick, i.e. it returned to the original position after I clicked on "Apply to all selected".

[Which explained to me now why 0.69 with only the slider worked all the time {sic!}]

PS. OK, I now understand the clue in odbo2005 's post. So, if the change was not detected by the form, the "DO IT!" dialog box would not show any checkmark [like in the first picture]. And if the change was received then the dialog box would preset the checkmark for that change [the second picture]. Got you, odbo2005, thanks.

Last edited by voo_doo99; 7th February 2006 at 18:24.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 18:59   #227  |  Link
odbo2005

jeanl,
My first pic modify step are:
1.Select subpic stream 0x20.
2.Use the arow(2 small button) Adjust value to -24.
3.Press Ctrl-A, the pop dialog box "Apply changes subpic position" no checked.Sure,I check It.
4.Press "DO IT"......-24 back to 0...nothing changed.

Second pic modify step:
1.1.Select subpic stream 0x20.
2.Use the position slidbar Adjust value to -24.
3.Press Ctrl-A, the pop dialog box "Apply changes subpic position" appear is checked.
4.Press "DO IT",Good!Work fine!

I test much time,from ver.0.71~0.87,if only use small button or the form
adjust position,the Apply to all position not work.If use slidbar adjust or after
use small button & the form macro edit position value,it's work.
odbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2006, 20:05   #228  |  Link
jeanl

OK guys, I still can't reproduce that darn bug! I really don't understand what's going on, everything works fine on my machine, and I tried with many DVDs... Can one of you guys send me your version of the app (DVDSubEdit.exe) so I can try it myself? Send it to jeanldvd at free dot fr. (you might have to zip it up).
I'll send you the latest version so you can try that one and see if the problem was, somehow, fixed!
jeanl
Old 7th February 2006, 22:55   #229  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl
OK guys, I still can't reproduce that darn bug! I really don't understand what's going on, everything works fine on my machine, and I tried with many DVDs... Can one of you guys send me your version of the app (DVDSubEdit.exe) so I can try it myself? Send it to jeanldvd at free dot fr. (you might have to zip it up).
I'll send you the latest version so you can try that one and see if the problem was, somehow, fixed!
jeanl
jeanl,
I verified the same problem still existed in DVDSubEdit 0.86 I just downloaded. I emailed you a zipped .VOB snippet, please test the subtitle & border repositioning without using the slider. Note that after Ctrl-A (Apply to All), scan thru the SPUs you will see that the changes did not stick.

Last edited by voo_doo99; 7th February 2006 at 23:00.
Old 7th February 2006, 23:02   #230  |  Link
jeanl

Thanks voo_doo99! I was able to reproduce the problem YEEEAAA! And I can also confirm that the version I'm currently working on (not published yet) does not exhibit this problem. I'm not sure when and how I fixed it (I was not aware of it), so somehow this was fixed in the many changes since. Pfiuuu!
Sorry about that guys, I should have downloaded (!) 0.86 to test that in the first place.

If you're eager to get the fix, I'll post a temporary version, but otherwise, I'll wait until I'm done with the ..... NEXT FEATURES!

jeanl
Old 8th February 2006, 01:24   #231  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
If you're eager to get the fix, I'll post a temporary version, but otherwise, I'll wait until I'm done with the ..... NEXT FEATURES!
jeanl
If you already had the fix in, I can wait for the next version tomorrow, right? [just kidding! ].

Anyway, when working with subtitle & borders I thought about this feature: it would be very cool if I could select a border position and the subtitles would automatically flow right next to it; and even more intelligently, the subs above mid-screen would flow to the top border as the subs below mid-screen would flow to the bottom border. And we are talking about absolute position next to the borders [to take care of the misaligned subs], not just applying the same offset to each SPU. As it is right now I still need to scan thru all SPUs to make manual adjustment for the subs on the top half of the screen and it was hard not to miss some.

So you think this 1-click auto adjustment feature is doable?
Old 8th February 2006, 02:28   #232  |  Link
jeanl

voo_doo99, if I understand you, you'd like for ALL the subtitles below the middle of the frame to drop down to the bottom border, and all the subtitles above the middle of the frame to float up all the way to the top border, is that right?
Kind of like a check box that would say "Push subpics out".

What is it that you have to adjust, currently, after you use the border?
jeanl
Old 8th February 2006, 18:12   #233  |  Link
jeanl

Beta 0.90 of DVDSubEdit is now available here...

The major changes are: Support to read and write .sup files, new slider to move subpics left or right (if possible), and improved OCR for italics.

Here's the change log from beta 0.85
  • Added code to move subpics left and right when possible! This can only be done, for now, if the background does not cover the entire picture.
  • Added option to quickly reload the last set of vob files (without re-scanning) (see the "File" menu). You can't re-time in that mode.
  • Added code to load sup files. Note: you can't reload an individual subpic in that mode, or perform any re-timing.
  • Added "Save as sup file". NOTE: DVDSubEdit does not fix PTS discontinuities...
  • Added shortcut (Ctrl-T) to run OCR on the current subpic.
  • Added code to fix OCR problems with italics, and to better recognize brackets.
  • Entering a value in "duration" had no effect. This has been fixed.
  • DVDSubEdit no longer complains about the full title not having been loaded if you drag/drop a complete set of VOBs and try to re-time.
  • Fixed a bug in Beta 0.86-0.87 that caused "Apply to All" to not work well unless the vertical move slider was used.
  • DVDSubEdit no longer crashes when it encounters a badly formed spu (missing packs for example).

Enjoy!
Jeanl

Last edited by jeanl; 8th February 2006 at 18:15.
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 18:47   #234  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
voo_doo99, if I understand you, you'd like for ALL the subtitles below the middle of the frame to drop down to the bottom border, and all the subtitles above the middle of the frame to float up all the way to the top border, is that right?
Kind of like a check box that would say "Push subpics out".
Right, jeanl. The subtitles repositioning would be as simple as: set the borders position, tick the checkbox, and click "Apply". Sweet, most people like me would need just that.

Quote:
What is it that you have to adjust, currently, after you use the border?
jeanl
After I repositioned the subtitles close to bottom border and clicked "Apply To All Selected", that took care of 90% of the adjustment. There were just two problems:

(1) There were always some SPUs with misaligned subtitle a little higher than the rest, so after the fixed offset adjustment still stayed higher. This is a minor gripe, but I think if absolute positioning is used (the sy, ey values) it may get all SPUs subtitles into alignment.

(2) My major gripe was that those subtitles on the top half of the frame also got adjusted downward, not toward the top border as desired. And I had no way of catching them all without scanning all the SPUs. DVDSubEdit programming would help tremendously here.

Hope you will incorporate this auto-adjustment feature.
Old 8th February 2006, 18:55   #235  |  Link
jeanl

voo_doo99, I'm not sure you're using the borders feature the way it's supposed to be used. Normally, you'd adjust the border, and not move the subtitle (the moving happens automatically). Then, you apply to all, NOT checking the "move subpic" check box (again, the moving happens automatically).
If you do that, then the subtitles at the top of the frame will NOT move downward, unless they're pushed by the top border.
In the end, you should end up with subtitles that are either flush with the top and bottom borders (if they were below the bottom border, or above the top border to begin with) or that are further inside the frame (because that's where they were to being with).

Are you saying that dvdsubedit was moving top subtitles down, even though they were not close to the top border? If you saw that, then it's a bug, because normally subtitles are only moved down if the top border touches them.

jeanl
Old 8th February 2006, 20:44   #236  |  Link
jeanl

voo_doo99, check out this new beta (just for you!) beta 0.901, which has a "Flush" check box next to the border slider. If this is checked, the subpics move to the closest border (hopefully). Beta 0.901 also fixes a bug that could make "Apply to all" to not work properly when loading a sup file...
http://www.videohelp.com/~DVDSubEdit...tBeta0.901.zip

jeanl
Old 8th February 2006, 20:45   #237  |  Link
Zeul

sup support nice
Zeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2006, 23:19   #238  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
voo_doo99, check out this new beta (just for you!) beta 0.901, which has a "Flush" check box next to the border slider. If this is checked, the subpics move to the closest border (hopefully). jeanl
(just for moi!) i am touched
Only had time for a quick test, but YESSSS!!! Sweet, you are awesome!

Merci! mon Capitaine
Old 9th February 2006, 00:37   #239  |  Link
dirio49
JuSt a PoWer uSEr

Thanks Jean.
Great program.
Old 9th February 2006, 01:48   #240  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

You are very close to 1.0 ....err, better 10...

Did you remember the film?... (sorry, but 10 is for the proggie, not for you, you are too ugly....)

jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote