Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 14th November 2005, 14:54   #241  |  Link
Pug Crydee

Playing an 5.1 AC3 file in MPC, downmixed with internal ac3-decoder, the volume is good. Converting this file to 5.1 AAC (inkl pregain), the volume is very low when downmixing to stereo is enabled. Both files are at the same volume when playing back without downmixing.
I guess downmixing means a loss of volume and that the AC3-Decoders applies some gain to the audio afterwards.
Question: Any way to get this for AAC as well??

Thanks
Pug
Pug Crydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2005, 16:13   #242  |  Link
lrms

Nero Parser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
the question is what mov parser you use!
do you have qt alternative installed? do you have qt wrapping of mpc enabled? do you have any other mov parser installed (like haali, 3ivx...)? what filters are listed under "filters" when you try to play such a mov? what filters are used when you try to play such a mov in graphedit?
Yes, good question!
About 3ivx, no, I don't have it.
I do have the Haali Media Splitter installed, but I can say it's not being used in this case (no tray icon, also not listed in Filters).
Loading graphedit only showed me a movfile splitter that doens't support the "Filter Properties...".

But using Process Explorer I could see the filters called "NeQTDec.ax" (Nero - QuickTime(tm) Decoder Wrapper) and "NDParser.ax" (Nero Digital / mp4 / avi / mov parser) were loaded when redering one of that files in graphedit.

The strange thing is that using the "Overrides" option in MPC I wasn't able to really block these filters... But completely unregistering "NDParser.ax" I confirmed it was being used - after that the files wouldn't play at all.

So the regression seems to be about some incompatibility with the Nero QuickTimer parser (from Nero Express OEM - 6.0.0.16 - but file version is filters is 3.02.0000.0020).
lrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 10:22   #243  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

It seems that mpc crashes with the slideshows mp4 samples from IBM ToolKit...
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 11:22   #244  |  Link
thuan

I have problem with MPC 20051113 and official 6.8.4.6 (don't keep other ver so can't test) with this file http://weedy.1.vg:8396/torrents/hish...f11617f22ea2e0
It seem to drop frame at many specific times with any VMR mode. It's not happen with Overlay and Zoom Player in Overlay and VMR so I don't think my com is too slow to play it (I can even play it in Zoom VMR9 and RGB32 output).

By the way I use the newest ffshow from Milan 1115 and my CPU is a Sempron 2200+.
thuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 12:18   #245  |  Link
Stebs

Tried that file and I had no single frame dropped...
Maybe it IS CPU-related afterall?
Stebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 15:16   #246  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuan
By the way I use the newest ffshow from Milan 1115 and my CPU is a Sempron 2200+.
http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow

Update ffdshow. Milan's latest compiled build is from March or something. It could very well be ffdshow that is the problem here.
Old 17th November 2005, 15:17   #247  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

milan's latest compile is 20051115... it's not outdated...
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 15:27   #248  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth
milan's latest compile is 20051115... it's not outdated...
Well it seems he has been busy the past week
Old 17th November 2005, 16:29   #249  |  Link
thuan

Well it seem it's because of my CPU.

Last edited by thuan; 18th November 2005 at 01:33.
thuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2005, 20:32   #250  |  Link
awx

Here's my list of bugs or improper behaviour from MPC. Maybe I have misunderstood something, maybe these are by design or maybe there is something outside of Gabest's control that prevents him from fixing them.
  • DVD screen grab gives .BMP with improper aspect ratio when DirectShow Output is set to anything other than VMR9 (windowed). I think the height of the image is correct but the width is off.
  • command line "mplayerc.exe /dvd" won't work for me without a drive letter. I have two DVD drives, a real DVD-Rom drive and a daemontools drive. I would like this feature to work the same as launching MPC and selecting "Open DVD..." from the File menu. That is to say, I'd prefer it so that if no drive is specified, then MPC searches for the first available DVD disc. This works well from the File menu but not at all from the command line for me. I need this because I launch MPC with a remote in a HTPC environment and so I have to have an extra button on the remote call the "Open DVD..." function after MPC is launched.
  • In full screen mode for video playback, the Seek/Control/etc. bars will not auto hide if they are activated by keyboard press when the option "Show controls in fullscreen for" zero seconds (auto-hide) is set. Suppose this option is set to zero and you are playing a video in full screen mode. Using the keyboard (or a remote control), you tell MPC to toggle one or more of these bars so that they appear on screen. They should then auto-hide themselves but they do not. They stay on screen until the mouse is moved. Perhaps this is by design, I don't know. It did not seem like expected behaviour to me. Setting the option to a fixed number such as 4 works as expected. EDIT: what I'm really after here is a function to briefly display the currently active bars on screen for a few seconds then have them disappear again. If I should explain this more, please let me know.
  • MPC won't launch as a maximized window.

Last edited by awx; 21st November 2005 at 20:39.
awx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 03:20   #251  |  Link
icosium

AAC+SBR+PS (AACplus v2) audio not correctly displayed in MPC

Hi all,
I have been experementing with Matroska container recently [RV10 (x264 was not convincining) + AACplus v2], trying to squeeze as much data in the audio stream. I wanted to use AACplus v2 instead of Real Audio AACplus (anybody tried this?). Anyway, after creating the aac file with Besweet + winamp encoders (v2@48Kbps) from a 2 Ch AC3, and play it in MPC, I get the following details in the "properties" window:

Audio: AAC 24000Hz mono 48Kbps [Audio]

Now, I dont know if it is just the way the internal MPC AAC decoder sees it (although it is based on FAADv2, which is supposed to support AAC SBR and PS), but I am worried that I am not getting the quality I want.

The same situation is repeated when I mux the Real Video stream with AAC stream, in a MKV container. Any ideas/similar problems?

Cheers,
PS: I also tried the latest release posted on the first page.
icosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2005, 12:42   #252  |  Link
bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by icosium
Hi all,
I have been experementing with Matroska container recently [RV10 (x264 was not convincining) + AACplus v2], trying to squeeze as much data in the audio stream. I wanted to use AACplus v2 instead of Real Audio AACplus (anybody tried this?). Anyway, after creating the aac file with Besweet + winamp encoders (v2@48Kbps) from a 2 Ch AC3, and play it in MPC, I get the following details in the "properties" window:

Audio: AAC 24000Hz mono 48Kbps [Audio]

Now, I dont know if it is just the way the internal MPC AAC decoder sees it (although it is based on FAADv2, which is supposed to support AAC SBR and PS), but I am worried that I am not getting the quality I want.

The same situation is repeated when I mux the Real Video stream with AAC stream, in a MKV container. Any ideas/similar problems?

Cheers,
PS: I also tried the latest release posted on the first page.
first of all the name "aacplus" is the name of one implementation of the aac standard, the one from coding technologies, and not the name of the format (like "divx" is only one implementation of the asp standard and not the name of the format)

about your problem:
i guess you didnt set the flag to signal aac+sbr when muxing to mkv?
afaik faad2 always upmixes to the double frequency and channelnumber with small frequencies and mono as the aac specs do not require you to signal sbr

now the thing is that when you dont signal it mpc connects the graph, the aac decoder doesnt get the info that its sbr,ps and doesnt display the info, still it will upmix as it sees that its a low frequency and mono

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2005, 18:01   #253  |  Link
breez

I recently experienced some stuttering on playback with ffdshow using AviSynth processing (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=103179). I noticed Zoomplayer didn't exhibit it. Tried 6.4.8.4 and everything was smooth again! So there seems to be something up with the combination ffdshow+AviSynth+MPC 6.4.8.5 or newer.

edit: Something to do with AVI and Matroska splitters. Check the thread.

Last edited by breez; 24th November 2005 at 18:59.
breez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2005, 22:53   #254  |  Link
LeMoi

Any changelog for MPC 6.4.8.7 ?
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 00:53   #255  |  Link
Egh

yeah, would be nice to know what was changed in the last release of mpc.

(and vsfilter 2.37 as well :P)
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 09:45   #256  |  Link
rotflol

Well, 'Send "Now Playing" information to mIRC through GTSdll' is one of the new things.
rotflol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 13:20   #257  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMoi
Any changelog for MPC 6.4.8.7 ?
I'll check with Gabest and see if he can tell me anything.
Old 26th November 2005, 13:45   #258  |  Link
futurex

Hi elias, do you know where i can give suggestions for media player classic?

something i would really like is to have an option "dock to edges of the screen", as well as having the window not resizing each time a new video (with a different resolution) is played in the playlist. thanks
futurex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 15:54   #259  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

How can I manage it, that MPC directly starts with the UTF-8 subtitles so that I donīt have to switch

I mean this: Subtitle: UTF-8 [GPAC Streaming Text Handler (ger) (plain text)]

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
JoeBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2005, 17:05   #260  |  Link
Egh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotflol
Well, 'Send "Now Playing" information to mIRC through GTSdll' is one of the new things.
but i didn't notice any difference with or without that option so far.
Egh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic