Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd April 2012, 21:41   #14921  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
BD plays well on PS3 and on standalone Philips BDP.
Using current AnyDVD 7.0.2.0:
1.)
Copied BD to ISO. Mounted with VCD.
PowerDVD11 plays ok. VLC 1.1.11 plays BDMV.
But current BD Rebuilder v0.40.08 (beta) reports 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501'.

2.)
Copied same BD to Harddisk.
Again:
PowerDVD11 plays ok. VLC 1.1.11 plays BDMV.
But current BD Rebuilder v0.40.08 (beta) reports 'SourceCheck() 00006 2501'.

What else should I do to proceed?
If you have AnyDVD HD's SpeedMenu enable -- disable it.
Old 3rd April 2012, 21:43   #14922  |  Link
Cela

Speed menu was disabled. Just checked it.
PDVD11, VLC play the original menu.

BD Settings: Enable BR support: ON, Disabble BD-Live: ON, Remove BR Region Code: Auto
All other options OFF (unchecked).

Last edited by Cela; 3rd April 2012 at 21:46.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:49   #14923  |  Link
Cela

On my Vista 32-bit also multiAVCHD opens, reads und processes the BD.
Thus, there must be something that only BD Rebuilder v0.40.08 (beta) does not like? What is it? What could I do better?
I would prefer to do the processing with BD Rebuilder and get the results in BD Rebuilder style and quality.

Please help!
Old 5th April 2012, 02:30   #14924  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Cela RE: What could I do better?

I can't say I'm an expert on whatever disk you are working on but if I have problems with some troublesome disks I first run them thru Clown_BD and just let it pick out the movie only with some audio and subs and if it still chokes on it you know there is some corruption either on your hardrive or in your ripped files. Have it output the finished files into a Bluray and use that for BD_RB to process. Also I have much better results just ripping the folders (like jdobbs does only the BDMV and Certificate folders) to hardrive. This way you at least get the movie, hope this helps.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 02:46   #14925  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Abbadon RE: Disc 1 R1 of The Pacific, DTS-Express option, full backup, BD25, all other default, I ended up with a disc 4GB under (this happens consistantly with this disc, stripping audio, extras, full vs movie&menu, always 4GB under.

When I keep getting under or oversize output, I just set BD_RB to output for a custom target size of 50,000 MB's, and pick out the parts I want to blank and the audio and subs I wish to keep. When it finishes I run it back through BD_RD and do a FULL BACKUP instead of MOVIE & MENU'S and set the custom size back to 24250 or whatever you like and BD_RB will usually come pretty darn close to the target. I usually end up at around 22.8 or 3.0 at the most and it fits perfectly. I don't know what it is but sometime if the disk has a lot of extra's and plenty of audio tracks BD_RB just consistently misses the size calculation, you run it at custom target size of 24,250 and it comes out at 22.2, then you change it to 25,000 and it only goes up to 22.4, and then the next time you go way over. I do the 50,000 MB and run it back thru and it comes out fine. hope this helps.
Old 5th April 2012, 05:48   #14926  |  Link
omegaman7

I'd be careful filling the discs to their maximum. I toyed with that for a while, and imgburn reported troubles closing discs at times. Mostly LTH media.... but now I choose to go with 22.0 - 22.5. 500Mb to 1Gb is a fairly negligible difference
Old 5th April 2012, 08:27   #14927  |  Link
HatchetMan

This has happened twice in a row on the same film. The films immediately before and after with the same settings has had perfect results. The only thing I can think of is the 45 titles that make up the main playlist, but why - since source rip plays back perfectly fine? Sometimes there is miscellaneous video on the side of the image, sometimes the bottom. Time stamps off by a few seconds as well...
Attached Files
File Type: zip before screenshots.zip (217.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: zip after screenshots.zip (213.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: zip LOG and INF.zip (4.6 KB, 31 views)
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 10:54   #14928  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
...first run them thru Clown_BD ...
Thanks a lot for your helpful tip. Yes, it may have helped to get a clue of what's going on.
eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG reported:
    creating file "C:\Workspace\Kapitel_1.txt"...
    [a03] The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.
    [a03] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
    [a03] The ArcSoft and Sonic decoders don't seem to work, will use libav instead.
    [a03] The libav DTS decoder doesn't decode the full DTS-HD information. <WARNING>
    [s09] Extracting subtitle track number 9...
    [a03] Writing WAV...
    [a03] Extracting DTS core...
    [a03] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
    [a03] The AC3 encoder received a non-supported data format (float, 5, 64, -). <ERROR>
    Aborted at file position 1048576. <ERROR>

@jdobbs
Is this a special RB trick? What do you advice?
Old 5th April 2012, 13:12   #14929  |  Link
jwjohnson

Sounds like a bad disc or a bad rip. You shouldn't encounter read problems related to any blu ray protection schemes.
jwjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 14:50   #14930  |  Link
Cela

Strange: 2 RBs (Opera, NTSC, 29.970 fps, regionfree) brand new from Amazon, current AnyDVD 7.0.2.0, plays in PS3 and standalone BD Player, PDVD11, VLC, Nero Kwik, ok in multiAVCHD.
BDRB opens older BRs, though.

Last edited by Cela; 5th April 2012 at 14:52.
Old 5th April 2012, 16:52   #14931  |  Link
Prz

How would I search for these other codec packs. My program list contains none of the ones mentioned.
Prz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:30   #14932  |  Link
gregj

Hi,
jdobbs, thank you for the prog! (and sorry for my very poor English)

Need to say, some used muxing options for tsmuxer is problematic for next BDReauthor+ScenaristBD procession (even with BDReauthor's "avccorrection"): tsmuxer's "insertSEI" and "contSPS" options bring irreparable damage to the video streams, changes forever, and BDReauthor+ScenaristBD refuse to process such streams! But without "insertSEI" and "contSPS" all is right.
It would be better to give an ability to disable these two options.

And question: why You decide keep keyint=24 for all frame rates? For example, is not it better to provide keyint=30 for 29,970, etc.? I have not found any way to change this value.

Thank You again.

Last edited by gregj; 5th April 2012 at 18:47.
gregj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 18:36   #14933  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Prz RE: How would I search for these other codec packs?

Then if you can't find any thing that has changed your codec's your only choice is to remove BD_Rebuilder and then remove all the helper apps (FFDShow, Matroski Splitter & AviSynth), or maybe you should download Revo Uninstaller Free or the Pro trial and let it cleanup all the leftover registry entries and install folders. After rebooting make sure all the helper app folders (and BD_RB folder) are completely deleted from the Program File Directories locations. Since you keep having problems with BD_Rebuilder setting the default administator registry entries, I would run a temporary files and registry cleaner like the free CCleaner. After that I would reboot and next do an offline disk check for errors in the file system. Then I would us my Antivirus to completely scan the hardrive and then use Msconfig to clean boot and do the installation of all the Helper Apps (fresh downloads on all) one by one (use a right click run as admistrator for each executable) with a clean boot in between each one. After all the helper apps are installed, I would unzip a fresh download of BD_RB into a folder on the ROOT of the C: DRIVE. After you run BR_RB the first time as the Administrator and setup up your working folder and all the setup options are finished run inspect and if it still fails then you're up the creek and you should nuke the whole hardrive and reinstall the OS from scratch or maybe just buy a whole new computer. I feel your pain with BD_RD not functioning but if you follow these instructions and it fails then you have something really goofy going on that is screwing up your computer. Hope this helps, worknstiff.

PS: Thanks to jdobbs for all the fun using this great program. I really appreciate all the hardwork that goes into it, and will send a donation soon.
Old 6th April 2012, 01:19   #14934  |  Link
abbadon

@worknstiff
I'll give that a try

@omegaman7
I'll take <1GB, but 4GB+ is a lot of wasted space

It seems this whole set, The Pacific R1, (edit: Region A) has the same issues. This is my first episodic disc so maybe that is it, but I suspect there is something with the PNP structure. Other than the two episodes, the rest of the disc is dozens of items linked in the same playlist, various sizes totaling 8-9GB, but previewing shows a static template that appears to be for the PNP. I would guess it's these that is throwing off the size calculation, but disabling them results the same final size of 19.9GB

RIP WinXP

Last edited by abbadon; 6th April 2012 at 01:25. Reason: old habits are hard to break
abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:31   #14935  |  Link
Prz

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ Prz RE: How would I search for these other codec packs?

Then if you can't find any thing that has changed your codec's your only choice is to remove BD_Rebuilder and then remove all the helper apps (FFDShow, Matroski Splitter & AviSynth), or maybe you should download Revo Uninstaller Free or the Pro trial and let it cleanup all the leftover registry entries and install folders. After rebooting make sure all the helper app folders (and BD_RB folder) are completely deleted from the Program File Directories locations. Since you keep having problems with BD_Rebuilder setting the default administator registry entries, I would run a temporary files and registry cleaner like the free CCleaner. After that I would reboot and next do an offline disk check for errors in the file system. Then I would us my Antivirus to completely scan the hardrive and then use Msconfig to clean boot and do the installation of all the Helper Apps (fresh downloads on all) one by one (use a right click run as admistrator for each executable) with a clean boot in between each one. After all the helper apps are installed, I would unzip a fresh download of BD_RB into a folder on the ROOT of the C: DRIVE. After you run BR_RB the first time as the Administrator and setup up your working folder and all the setup options are finished run inspect and if it still fails then you're up the creek and you should nuke the whole hardrive and reinstall the OS from scratch or maybe just buy a whole new computer. I feel your pain with BD_RD not functioning but if you follow these instructions and it fails then you have something really goofy going on that is screwing up your computer. Hope this helps, worknstiff.

PS: Thanks to jdobbs for all the fun using this great program. I really appreciate all the hardwork that goes into it, and will send a donation soon.
I sincerely thank you for your detailed reply to my dilemma however I don't have the expertise to do whats suggested. Can you suggest a service that might be able to fix this bug on my system? I think if JDobbs is interested in supplemental income this might be a great way of achieving that end with a logmein123 session. Just a thought.
Prz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 00:56   #14936  |  Link
ricoman

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I processed Immortals to 97.6% Current Progress and 99% Overall Progress when the software stopped and gave me this message:

[19:17:27]PHASE ONE complete
[19:17:27]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [19:17:27] Rebuilding BD file Structure
- Failed in attempt to multiplex: MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta
- Not enought buffer
[19:42:31] - Failed to REBUILD
I had no problems with War Horse a couple of days ago. Could you explain the issue and possible solution. Thanks.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 01:28   #14937  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetMan View Post
This has happened twice in a row on the same film. The films immediately before and after with the same settings has had perfect results. The only thing I can think of is the 45 titles that make up the main playlist, but why - since source rip plays back perfectly fine? Sometimes there is miscellaneous video on the side of the image, sometimes the bottom. Time stamps off by a few seconds as well...
Could it possibly be from taking a cinavia protected disc and converting to mkv w/ aac?
Old 7th April 2012, 02:21   #14938  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

just because a video stream has audio with cinavia in it shouldn't affect BDRB, i've done a couple titles now for titles that i know have cinavia. all 100% in sync
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 02:47   #14939  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
just because a video stream has audio with cinavia in it shouldn't affect BDRB, i've done a couple titles now for titles that i know have cinavia. all 100% in sync
Back to the drawing board... Just re-ripped it, this time w/ DVDFab to send through BD-RB w/ same settings as the other 2 times to see if it makes a diff. Was not a audio sync issue, was a messed up image issue that did not occur in the rip, or occur w/ the other flicks, but like I mentioned before, this one is made up of 45 titles.
Old 7th April 2012, 10:39   #14940  |  Link
colinhunt

UK release of Miramax's CITY OF MEN: main movie file begins with a minute of color bars, followed by 30 seconds of master tape information. On the original disc all that is skipped over when movie is started. On a backup (0.40.08, multiprocessing disabled, DGDecNV enabled) color bars and master tape info is displayed before the actual movie begins.

This is the same issue reported earlier on another UK disc, The Quiet American, also a Miramax release.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote