Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 10th September 2007, 14:32   #121  |  Link
FirstBorg

yes, I just overlooked both readme's
However, the important thing is, that it works
FirstBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 17:59   #122  |  Link
killa_kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD00 View Post
@killa_kid:
Are you using Windows Vista, maybe 64 bit Version? The library has been compiled under 32 bit Windows XP, it will most probably not work under 64 bit. However, the full sourcecode is included, you only need the (free) Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition and the JDK 1.5 or later to compile it yourself.
It is a fresh install of XP 32bit. I'll give compiling a shot.
killa_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:44   #123  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Great !!!

I've been fooling around a bit with my KEYDB.cfg ! Your program reads the old format perfectly ! As soon as I insert a disk the key is found. After editing the title the info is automaticly saved in the new format (as you describe) !!! Works like a charme !

After deleting the entery I started DumpHD again and the program went into direct key retrieval mode !
A few seconds later the key is added to the file !!!

GREAT WORK !
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 20:21   #124  |  Link
KenD00

@killa_kid:
Oh, i think you need the latest Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library (msvcr80.dll), i have compiled the library with Secure Template Overloading.

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 22:45   #125  |  Link
killa_kid

I recompiled and it worked great, but mine is about 4times the size. As long as it works i don't really care, i'm just curious whats different...oh well.
killa_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 09:45   #126  |  Link
BENtheTEN

mine works as well (debian sid x86 )
(maybe you have to strip it)

Great App KenD00 THX

The Streaming works perfect in combination with mplayer
BENtheTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 15:44   #127  |  Link
bazzerr

Hi ,
I had to recompile it also to get it to work , after downloading the program you mentioned .
It can't find any BD VID's , is this to do with your previous comments about requiring a new host certificate private key .
Cheers
bazzerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 00:37   #128  |  Link
KenD00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzerr View Post
Hi ,
...after downloading the program you mentioned .
What program? Visual C++ or the Runtime Library? With the latest of the latter there should be really no need to compile the library yourself.

Since the library only executes aacskeys to get the information (it really does nothing more) everything i wrote in the aacskeys thread of course applies to the direct key retrieval method: no VID for BD until someone finds the private key of a working Host Certificate.

Old 27th September 2007, 15:42   #129  |  Link
bazzerr

I had to download the microsoft visual c++ and recompile the library to get it to work ( XP ) .
The program works great , and as long as the dumpvid prog gets the VID number then I am good to go from there with aacskeys .
Cheers for the reply .
bazzerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 20:07   #130  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

KenD00

I'm in Linux, I don't have a BD reader at PC but I have a PS3 with linux too. I can have a /dev/ndb (network block device) at PC who redirects to PS3 BD reader, but I'm having problems with the UDF 2.5 support on PC, so I can't mount it on it.

I had successfully ripped the (encrypted) content of a BD to an external hard drive on PS3 and my intention is to use Dumphd to obtain the key from PS3 reader and then use that files.

Is there any way to specify the underlying device of the encrypted files of the HD as /dev/nbd or just obtain the keys from dev/nbd to include them in KEYDB.cfg?

If it isn't, could you release a version which could do that? A version with an option to instead of using getmntent, just ask for the device or just assume it's /dev/nbd

Thanks in advance

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 1st December 2007 at 20:24.
XolocoTuxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 00:31   #131  |  Link
KenD00

DumpHD does not acquire any keys itself, since 0.4 it can use aacskeys to do this, so at first your idea requires a change of aacskeys. But anyway, i am pretty sure your idea to decrypt the BD will not work.

Your rip contains almost all the information you need to get the required keys but it misses one important thing, the Volume ID. There are two ways to get this one, either you know a hack of the PS3 drive to get it for free (like the XBox HD-DVD hack) or you know how to bypass the Hypervisor to perform an AACS authentication under Linux on the PS3. The second way also requires that you have never played a MKBv3 disc because there is still no new Host Certificate available to perform AACS authentication for MKBv3 or later.

I am not aware of a solution to any of these problems, so currently it makes no sense to implement your requested feature, it simply will not work.

And there is no need to inform me by PM about new posts in this thread...

Old 3rd December 2007, 11:35   #132  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Is there any major difference between the DumpHD and BackupHDDVD when decrypting evo files, other than the Nav Bug fix?

I find that evo files decrypted with DumpHD or AnyDVDHD don't play back smoothly for the first few minutes. If I use BackupHDDVD, they play fine.

The files are exactly the same length, but a quick compare shows roughly 100 different bytes in every 100Mb of data. Some of this is presumably the "nav bug" fix, but are there any other changes?

Thanks

BBBR
ByeByeBluRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 19:40   #133  |  Link
KenD00

Despite processing HLI_PCKs and ADV_PCKs correctly DumpHD clears the key information and usage restrictions defined inside the NAV_PCKs in better conformance with the specs, thats the main difference in the output (and the missing Nav Chain Bugfix).

This is done throughout the whole movie so i don't understand why your problems disappear after some time, they should be present all the time. I have never had these problems with any of my HD-DVDs. Well, i think the player software is the problem, i'm pretty sure the SlySoft guys know what they do and they do it right, as do i .

Old 3rd December 2007, 21:53   #134  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:
DumpHD does not acquire any keys itself, since 0.4 it can use aacskeys to do this, so at first your idea requires a change of aacskeys. But anyway, i am pretty sure your idea to decrypt the BD will not work.

Your rip contains almost all the information you need to get the required keys but it misses one important thing, the Volume ID. There are two ways to get this one, either you know a hack of the PS3 drive to get it for free (like the XBox HD-DVD hack) or you know how to bypass the Hypervisor to perform an AACS authentication under Linux on the PS3. The second way also requires that you have never played a MKBv3 disc because there is still no new Host Certificate available to perform AACS authentication for MKBv3 or later.

I am not aware of a solution to any of these problems, so currently it makes no sense to implement your requested feature, it simply will not work.

And there is no need to inform me by PM about new posts in this thread...

Ok thank you very much.

So problem is that hypervisor doesn't let me know the Volume ID?

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 3rd December 2007 at 21:55.
XolocoTuxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 10:36   #135  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
Despite processing HLI_PCKs and ADV_PCKs correctly DumpHD clears the key information and usage restrictions defined inside the NAV_PCKs in better conformance with the specs, thats the main difference in the output (and the missing Nav Chain Bugfix).

This is done throughout the whole movie so i don't understand why your problems disappear after some time, they should be present all the time. I have never had these problems with any of my HD-DVDs. Well, i think the player software is the problem, i'm pretty sure the SlySoft guys know what they do and they do it right, as do i .

I don't understand it either. It's something that affects every HDDVD I own, and has been annoying me all year - but since I can't use BackUpHDDVD on the new mkb4 discs, the problem has become more urgent.

Playback is jerky in both PowerDVD and Nero Showtime, which is why I thought it was something in the files. It affected me on both XP and Vista systems. But no-one else seems to have this problem.

Is there any way I could put the "nav-bug fix" back in to the output from DumpHD or AnyDVDHD, and see if that makes any difference, or is the necessary data already stripped at that point?

BBBR
Old 4th December 2007, 11:13   #136  |  Link
KenD00

@XolocoTuxmaster:
Yes, thats the problem

@ByeByeBluRay:
Indeed a strange situation. Yes, you can apply the Nav Chain Bugfix later, but this cannot be reversed because the fix removes some data. I can mess around with my PackScanner to let it do the job if i find some time.

Old 4th December 2007, 11:27   #137  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
@ByeByeBluRay:
Indeed a strange situation. Yes, you can apply the Nav Chain Bugfix later, but this cannot be reversed because the fix removes some data. I can mess around with my PackScanner to let it do the job if i find some time.

If you could, that would be great - I could at least rule out/in the nav chain bug as the source of the problem.

I guess I could have a go at it myself, but it would be a bit of a learning curve (I'd only have the BackupHDDVD source to go on), and I could never be quite sure if I'd got it right!

BBBR
Old 4th December 2007, 21:16   #138  |  Link
KenD00

Ok, here is a new PackScanner version which can apply the Nav Chain bugfix and also completely erase the CPI field (which contains eg. the usage restrictions), applying both doesn't harm or improve playback on my machine.

Code:
PackScanner 0.82 by KenD00

Usage: PackScanner [-options] input

Options:
 -q quickscan, does not fully parse the PES header
 -b blanks the VC-1 Stream for Sub and the first DD+ Stream for Sub
 -r reverts the blanked streams
 -n enables Nav chain bugfix
 -z zeros the complete CPI field
 -l logging enabled, writes a log file with offsets to every pack

Example: scan C:\MY_MOVIE.EVO, write log file and blank
PackScanner -lb C:\MY_MOVIE.EVO

Pressing ENTER during the scan aborts it
Attached Files
File Type: zip packscanner_0.82.zip (17.1 KB, 165 views)
Old 5th December 2007, 10:38   #139  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
Ok, here is a new PackScanner version which can apply the Nav Chain bugfix and also completely erase the CPI field (which contains eg. the usage restrictions), applying both doesn't harm or improve playback on my machine.
Wow, thanks, that was quick!

I'll test it out tonight (I tried before work this morning but got a "no server JVM" error - I think I might need to install the SDK).

Cheers

BBBR
Old 5th December 2007, 23:07   #140  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeBluRay View Post
Wow, thanks, that was quick!

I'll test it out tonight (I tried before work this morning but got a "no server JVM" error - I think I might need to install the SDK).

Cheers

BBBR

I ran your PackScanner over an EVO that had the playback problems and it's now fixed.

This is great for me, since it means I can now put my mkb4 discs onto my media server, but it does raise the question of why the fix is needed in the first place.

The only thing that springs to mind is that all my HDDVDs are UK discs - there must be a difference between those and US ones, but what that might be, I have no idea.

Anyway, thanks for the tool. If you do want to investigate further, I'll be more than happy to provide samples etc.

BBBR