Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th November 2007, 19:38   #241  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
I used for the first time this program today. Some things regarding iPhone profile as an example when choosing [ level 3.0 ] iPOD Touch & iPhone:
- mkv output to be greyed
- the audio must to stay under "2.0 AAC LC 128kbps" and no other option to be available. Best is to be autoset as "2.0 AAC LC 96kbps" as default.
- the video must to stay under 640x480 and no other option to be available for resize and max. bitrate 1500 kbps.
In 1.6.8 mp4 container is selected for default instead of mkv. However mkv won't be disabled along with other options because I prefer freedom of choice.


Quote:
Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars.
Is it related to iPhone or PC?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 20:53   #242  |  Link
mrpijey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Send me small sample

How would I go about to make a proper sample? All my DTS-titles behave the same way (all downloaded from the net).
mrpijey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 21:21   #243  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
All my DTS-titles behave the same way
Sometime ago I recorded x-men 3 with DTS sound and it works well with GUI. Do you have latest FFDshow , Haali Media Splitter and stable AviSynth?

Quote:
(all downloaded from the net)
Let's assume I didn't see that...
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 22:09   #244  |  Link
mrpijey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Sometime ago I recorded x-men 3 with DTS sound and it works well with GUI. Do you have latest FFDshow , Haali Media Splitter and stable AviSynth?
Resetting FFDshow settings fixed both channel problem and DTS problem. Thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Let's assume I didn't see that...
The net has more stuff than illegal movies you know... The things I am trying to convert are high quality trailers and HDTV samples. 1080 into 720. 1080/720 into 480 and so on.

Anyway, thanks for the help! This solved a lot of time (and created a lot more work, since I have to re-encode a LOT of samples into 5.1 audio.... =) )
mrpijey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 00:24   #245  |  Link
colt45joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
when i add subtitles, they are delayed (person talks...little bit later the subs appear) ... how do i fix this?
colt45joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 00:38   #246  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
You will find some nice tool here
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=112539
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 04:43   #247  |  Link
weaver4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 925
When I first start to execute a job I get a error dialog for bepipe that says "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 05:32   #248  |  Link
Mtz
Registered User
 
Mtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: On The Beach
Posts: 713
Quote:
Request: when adding subtitles to be possible to add black bars, keeping correct aspect ratio and the subtitles to be placed at the bottom of the video. The reason is because the display is 4:3 and if encoding some 16:9 movie with subtitles the player will add black bars and the subtitles will be not very readable if them are in the video as opposed to be on the black bars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Is it related to iPhone or PC?
To iPhone. The iPhone screen is small. To be readable, the subtitle need to be as large as possible and if is on the black bars is more visible.
Widescreen (Textsub with .srt subtitle) - 16:9 640x272 max. supported by iPhone:




Leterboxed (Textsub with .ssa subtitle) - 4:3 640x480 max. supported by iPhone:



I don't know if anybody can read movies subtitles from their iPod/iPhone if Textsub with srt is used, because with srt is not possible to set the font properties.

Some comparison regarding screen size and subtitles:



Regarding MP4, MKV and other standards: I think you made the program for Average Joe. He wants to click one button and after some time to have the movie how was in his mind.
But: if he will select the (for example) iPhone profile and: the MKV (by mistake), or unsupported bitrate (higher than 1500kbps), or unsupported resolution (more than 640), or unsupported audio (more than 2.0 LC), after many hours of encoding he will have an unplayable result. Only because he had options that broken the standards.

I wrote all this things thinking at Average Joe, and because I like your program and I want to help you improving it in the right way. You are free to listen me or not.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by Mtz; 21st November 2007 at 06:07.
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:34   #249  |  Link
PrashantV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Awesome program, thanks So simple - but it does exactly what is needed. One little minor thing that could be improved is some sort of batch mode (add lots of files that use the same settings), or at least make it remember all the settings, atm it remembers bitrate, but doesn't remember the resolution. So I have to go to properties, and change resolution everytime.

What settings are people using on their PSPs? I'm using 1024kbps / 25fps, and sometimes I end up getting a lot of red ghosting. Anyway to reduce this?
PrashantV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 13:44   #250  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Mtz
According to tech spec iPhone's native resolution is 480x320 (1.5:1) so I suggest to use PSP resolution (Black bars are added automatically).

Quote:
What settings are people using on their PSPs? I'm using 1024kbps / 25fps, and sometimes I end up getting a lot of red ghosting. Anyway to reduce this?
I use 384 kbps if I want to save space and still have good quality. If I don't care about size I use CQ@24 (~768kbps)

Ghosting cannot be reduced because it's hardware problem (LCD has very slow response time)

Quote:
When I first start to execute a job I get a error dialog for bepipe that says "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled".

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
You didn't provide enough information about input file. Without that I cannot help. Did this happen with all files?

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st November 2007 at 14:09.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 15:24   #251  |  Link
Mtz
Registered User
 
Mtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: On The Beach
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Mtz
According to tech spec iPhone's native resolution is 480x320 (1.5:1) so I suggest to use PSP resolution (Black bars are added automatically).
According to official website 480x320 is not the resolution, is the iPhone display resolution.

Video formats supported:

1. H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

2. H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;

3. MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Many people make confusion for mobiles also: their display is 320x240, but the max. resolution supported by their device is 176x144.

Back to Ripbot: I see in the avs file -1,25
Example: video=TextSub(video,"C\Movie.srt",-1,25)
For what are these values, -1 and 25? Changing that values is not affecting any setting of the subtitle.

As I told you in my previous post, I want to help you improving the program. Personally, I can encode everything in everything with or without your program. Your answers at my posts are not showing to me that you want my help. If you want me stop bugging you, just tell this and I'll never post in this thread.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by Mtz; 21st November 2007 at 15:57.
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 16:48   #252  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
According to official website 480x320 is not the resolution, is the iPhone display resolution.
That's odd. So you claim that iPhone is not able to play files in native resolution but only in higher resolution!?! (640x480) I'm asking because I don't have iPhone personally. BTW I said native resolution (LCD)

UPDATE: I checked in google about supported resolutions by iPhone and it seems that PSP resolutions are also supported. ( I'm not surprised

Quote:
Back to Ripbot: I see in the avs file -1,25
Example: video=TextSub(video,"C\Movie.srt",-1,25)
For what are these values, -1 and 25? Changing that values is not affecting any setting of the subtitle.
I always loose synchronization if 25 (fps) value is removed. -1 is indeed useless.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st November 2007 at 17:27.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:25   #253  |  Link
Mtz
Registered User
 
Mtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: On The Beach
Posts: 713
I bolded "up to". That's mean max: 640x480. Can be anything below.
480x320 is not "native" resolution. Is the display resolution.
For example, a Sony Ericsson mobile have the display resolution of 320x240. But it can't play files with video resolution higher than 176x144. A 3gp or mp4 movie with 320x240 cannot be played even the display have 320x240.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:29   #254  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
480x320 is not "native" resolution. Is the display resolution.
When I say native resolution I always think about numbers of pixels on display.

Did you check PSP resolution?

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st November 2007 at 17:33.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 18:49   #255  |  Link
Mtz
Registered User
 
Mtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: On The Beach
Posts: 713
Yeah, I checked the PSP resolution and is adding borders as you told me, and is something like this:


AddBorders(0,36,0,36) [the movie is 2.4 and because of that I have 36 instead of 34]


But iPhone have a smaller display and I like more this:

AddBorders(0,0,0,72)

In my examples I used SSA subtitles, because SRT can not contain info about font and position.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 00:52   #256  |  Link
weaver4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 925
I was running RipBot off of a remote drive when it failed. Copied the files over to my local drive and then it ran fine. Don't know why but thought you would want to know.

Where does RipBot keep it's temporary files?

Last edited by weaver4; 22nd November 2007 at 01:37.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 01:42   #257  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Where does RipBot keep it's temporary files?
In system temp. In Vista it will be in x:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RipBot264tmp
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:39   #258  |  Link
acrespo
Brazilian Anime Ripper
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Brazil
Posts: 237
Can you implement read AVS files? Because I need to use MAKEAVIS to do a fake AVI from AVS to open in RipBot
__________________
Capture cards:
Compro VideoMate Gold+ (Philips SAA7134 based) (not active)
Hauppauge PVR 150MCE (not active)
ATI TV Wonder Elite (active)
acrespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 22:45   #259  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author
 
Atak_Snajpera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 6,359
No problem. I will implement your request in new version but you will have to wait at least 2 days.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:28   #260  |  Link
weaver4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 925
I encoded a movie three times with StaxRip, AutoMkv and RibBot264 with the following parmaters:

size: 640x272
audio: 128kbs
CQ-CRF: 22

Here are the sizes for the three results:

StaxRip 1074M
AutoMKV 1085M
RipBot 1693M

Why is RipBot264 so much larger? AutoMKV with a CQ-CRF of 18 was the same size as your file.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.