Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 17th January 2020, 09:14   #8941  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@2-perf:

Audio conversions are handled in AviSynth scripts as well, so if you are able to edit the generated audio conversion script before starting the job in the queue (i.e. if you find its location), you could manually add ConvertAudioTo16bit() ... the tempo conversion will have converted the audio to float before output. MeGUI might add a selection here to add a sample type conversion in the codec configuration.

Unfortunately, I don't see a CLI parameter combination for "flac -d" that would force flac to reduce the resolution while decoding to WAV, only while decoding to raw audio (--bps=16). But e.g. Audacity would be able.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2020, 11:12   #8942  |  Link
tebasuna51

@2-perf

MeGUI can't output WAV and can't edit the audio avs scripts
There are other tool (included in MeGUI) to do the job quickly, for instance:

eac3to input.wav output.wav -25.000 -changeTo24.000 -down16

If your input wav file is included in a container you can use the MeGUI -> Tools -> HD Streams Extractor to do the job, like in the image, adding the parameters (in bold) to +Options tab:
Attached Images

Old 20th January 2020, 10:50   #8943  |  Link
Farfie

compendium for one click replace function?

Hey guys, long time user of MEgui and first time poster in this thread. Definitely don't know where I'd be without this software, so I thank you.

I was wondering if there was some kind of information for the Replace and With functions in the One Click Encoder tool? Is it just intended to find only one string and replace it with another? It would be awesome if there were multiple things to look for, maybe comma separated, and of course wildcards would be great too. If I wanted to remake a whole series, I could do something like:
Replace:[*],(*)
With: newgroup,new settings

Is there anything like this?
Farfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2020, 02:14   #8944  |  Link
2-perf

Thanks LigH and tebasuna51 for the tip! Quite appreciated.
2-perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2020, 04:30   #8945  |  Link
hello_hello

2-perf,,
I was sure I replied again with a detailed answer to your question but I must've forgotten to submit it.

When the source is MKV or indexed by a flavour of DGIndex, the audio is extracted, added to the audio section, and MeGUI creates a script for encoding "behind the scenes". For other file types it can't extract the audio, so instead it creates a physical script it adds to the audio section. Therefore, rather than use MeGUI's audio encoder configuration for specifying a speed change, you can leave it doing nothing but encoding, and create the script for it to encode yourself.

To make creating the script less of a chore, you can add the AudioSpeed function and tell it what you need, including the output bitdepth.

From there you can encode as 16 bit flac, but foobar2000 converts to wave "out of the box", and thanks to the AVS Input DSP, it can open Avisynth scripts and play or convert the audio. If you forget to tell AudioSpeed you want a 16 bit wave file it's not the end of the world. fb2k's converter configuration lets you specify the output bitdepth when it's a lossless type.

Because fb2k can use any command line encoder for converting, you could bypass Avisynth, extract the audio and open it with fb2k and simply convert using an encoder preset you created earlier. I've saved configurations for applying speedup and slowdown with SoundTouch, SoX and FFmpeg. If you want to try foobar2000, let me know and I'll post the command lines for you.

Last edited by hello_hello; 5th February 2020 at 04:45.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 08:30   #8946  |  Link
raymondjpg

Some recent updates have caused lsmashindex to throw an error. Has anyone else seen this, know what is causing it, and possibly how to fix it?

TIA
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 10:40   #8947  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

What error exactly? Any log file available?

New German Gleitz board
Old 28th March 2020, 12:04   #8948  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Some recent updates have caused
Quote:
And also what updates ? (cant remember if LSmash outputs human readable index, noticed LigH post below - might be totally unrelated but thought I should mention it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Selur discovered:

AvsPmod may not start at all if you enabled the Windows 10 beta feature to support UTF-8 locale.
EDIT: OK, my mistake, you meant MeGUI updates rather than windows updates.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th March 2020 at 12:38.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 14:32   #8949  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:

I have been able to reproduce the error. Branch log:

[Error] Log for job3 (idx, Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv -> Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv.lwi)
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Started handling job
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Preprocessing
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] AviSynth script
--[NoImage] LoadPlugin("D:\Software\Software\Blu Ray software\MeGUI\Test\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
--[NoImage] LWLibavVideoSource("E:\TV Episodes\HOLD\n3smbyiq.rpt\Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv")
-[Error] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Avisynth installation cannot be found
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:55 AM] Job completed

Edit: The error is associated with the updated version of AviSynth.dll in the avs directory dated 3.03.2020. Overwriting with the previous version of AviSynth.dll dated 21.12.2018 there is no error in execution.

Last edited by raymondjpg; 28th March 2020 at 15:15.
Old 28th March 2020, 18:45   #8950  |  Link
cool advertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
I have been able to reproduce the error. Branch log:

[Error] Log for job3 (idx, Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv -> Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv.lwi)
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Started handling job
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Preprocessing
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] AviSynth script
--[NoImage] LoadPlugin("D:\Software\Software\Blu Ray software\MeGUI\Test\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
--[NoImage] LWLibavVideoSource("E:\TV Episodes\HOLD\n3smbyiq.rpt\Agent Hamilton S01E01.mkv")
-[Error] [29/03/2020 12:28:54 AM] Avisynth installation cannot be found
-[Information] [29/03/2020 12:28:55 AM] Job completed

Edit: The error is associated with the updated version of AviSynth.dll in the avs directory dated 3.03.2020. Overwriting with the previous version of AviSynth.dll dated 21.12.2018 there is no error in execution.
Hello, if the error is this, maybe the solution could be at this link: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...30#post1904830
It was proposed by me, take a look.
cool advertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 00:03   #8951  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool advertise View Post
Hello, if the error is this, maybe the solution could be at this link: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...30#post1904830
It was proposed by me, take a look.
Many Thanks! That appears to have fixed my error too.

1. Downloaded and installed both 32 and 64 bit versions of AviSynth+ 3.5.0 with redistributables included.
2. Reboot PC.
3. Ran backup version of MeGUI and accepted recent updates, including AviSynth portable (AviSynth+ 3.5.0).
4. Check of avisynth.dll version at directory avs confirms update to version 3.5 dated 3/03/2020.
5. MeGUI now runs again without error at lsmashindex.

Also running MeGUI x86 32 bit with windows 10 pro 64 bit.

Is there any advantage switching to the 64 bit version of MeGUI?

Last edited by raymondjpg; 29th March 2020 at 01:37.
Old 29th March 2020, 20:24   #8952  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
...Is there any advantage switching to the 64 bit version of MeGUI?
AviSynth+ 64 can be fast than 32, but some (rare) plugins don't have 64 bits version.

Encoders 64 bits are also fast, but with MeGUI 32 you can use encoders 64 bits already.
Old 29th March 2020, 23:37   #8953  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
AviSynth+ 64 can be fast than 32, but some (rare) plugins don't have 64 bits version.

Encoders 64 bits are also fast, but with MeGUI 32 you can use encoders 64 bits already.
Thanks for the response. Doesn't look like much advantage, but I have installed the 64 bit version and presets imported from a 32 bit installation all seem to be working fine so far. I have kept the 32 bit installation on standby.
Old 31st March 2020, 10:40   #8954  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Is there a way to pass the PAR I can set in video preview to x264 SAR parameter?
Old 1st April 2020, 09:56   #8955  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Those are two different ratios. There is no simple pass-through. You will usually decide whether the picture is deskewed to SAR 1:1 (square pixels), or you don't want to apply any Resize function and encode anamorphically (then you need to know the SAR as the skew ratio).

New German Gleitz board
Old 1st April 2020, 12:36   #8956  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Those are two different ratios.
I am trying to encode the DVD of Vizontele and the pixel ratio is completely wrong on the original material.

Usually, for DVDs, SAR is 64:45 but for this one, it's screwed.

The format should be 1.85:1 but it is encoded as 5:4.

I am trying to find the correct SAR to pass to x264.

EDIT: solved with good old ARS Calculator

Last edited by tormento; 1st April 2020 at 13:19.
tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2020, 02:10   #8957  |  Link
jlw_4049

Is there anyway to Queue a job and it be set to postponed instead of automatically restarting?

I know you can toggle this in the options menu. However, I'd like a way to do all my testing automatically, once I get my final tests, setup my full render job and post pone it without going into the options, so I can test and setup another job so i can let them encode over time.

Thanks!
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 04:19   #8958  |  Link
beto
Temet Nosce

Hello, I want to encode a DVD to HEVC and play it back in my iPhone 11.

I used MeGUI (last stable release) to perform the encoding with x265 (all-default-no-fancy settings) and muxing (to M4V). The file can be imported to iTunes (12.10.6.2) in Windows 10 (1909) but when trying to play it back it shows only a black screen (no video) although audio plays back apparently with no issues. If I use VLC or Movies & TV in Windows the file plays ok with no issues.

If I use x264 instead fo x265 and perform the exact same procedure everything works fine and I can playback the movie in both iTunes and in my iPhone with no issues.

Is it possible to create a playable HEVC video from a DVD and play it back in iTunes/iPhone 11 using MeGUI? If so how should I do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by beto; 19th April 2020 at 04:22.
beto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 13:43   #8959  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I see two possible traps here:

a) Can your device decode HEVC at all? And in addition, does it have Profile@Level restrictions you have to respect while encoding?
b) Did MeGUI flag the MP4 container as expected by iTunes? It has a control in the MP4 multiplexer, but you may have to add a manual job to the queue to use it this way...

New German Gleitz board
Old 20th April 2020, 22:35   #8960  |  Link
beto
Temet Nosce

Quote:
I see two possible traps here:

a) Can your device decode HEVC at all? And in addition, does it have Profile@Level restrictions you have to respect while encoding?
b) Did MeGUI flag the MP4 container as expected by iTunes? It has a control in the MP4 multiplexer, but you may have to add a manual job to the queue to use it this way...
Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

a) I am positive it can. I am trying to play the file on an iPhone 11 Plus with iOS 13.4 so it can play HEVC. As for Profile@Level I do not know if there are any restrictions in the iPhone. Does anyone know anything about that and can contribute?

b) I always set up the Apple TV flag in the MP4 multiplexer (I set Device Type to Apple TV in MeGUI). I always run the multiplexer at the end of the process separately joining audio and video. This works if I mux h264 video and the files play fine in the iPhone but does not work if I use hevc video.

ps. I do not use One Click Encoder or the Auto Encode features in MeGUI.

Last edited by beto; 20th April 2020 at 22:37.
beto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui