Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th March 2014, 02:25   #1  |  Link
Smite

Add a "Who's talking" display to video

I've been attempting this on my own but haven't gotten anything to work out and I haven't seen a discussion on it to help point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a way to visually identify when noise comes from audio clips. I'd appreciate any advice anyone might have. If you've ever seen a mumble or skype HUD displaying this sort of info. while in a large call, that is essentially what I'm looking to achieve.

background: I put together a lot of video game footage of multiple players in a grid format, the audio is their commentary. (example 4-person layout) The audio is all individual files until I mix them together, which I think is necessary for what I want to achieve here.

So I've been trying to find a way with avisynth to do a simple effect for when an individual is talking, such as temporarily changing the color of their name or displaying a speaker icon. This would be beneficial because I generally create groups of 4-8 and it would be useful to see who is speaking visually.

I figure that if I can find a way to check an audio clip for dramatic changes in volume, I can possibly apply these periodic effects. Is there a way? I've tooled around with avisynth for a while now but I think what I'm looking to do is beyond me to work out.
Smite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio