Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 4th April 2002, 18:48   #1  |  Link
senticolis

Follow up qestion on WMP 6.4

I just got rid of 7.1 and started using 6.4 again but I ran into a problem in trying to view a bin file which I used to be able to do with 7.1. Is it not possible to view the bin file prior to burning it to disc with 6.4 or do I need a different codec or something? I used the ds filter 0.9.8.7 from this site.
When I unrar a movie file to bin/cue format the bin file still shows WMP 7.1 icon on it and when I double click it says wmp.exe can't be found. Even when I open 6.4 and go file/open it still won't work. Any ideas?
senticolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2002, 19:03   #2  |  Link
MaTTeR
AC3 5.1 Addict

Uhmm well the bin/cue file is meant to be burnt to a CD with something like CDRWIN. A bin file is something like a container and it most likely contains an SVCD type structure. You can watch the SVCD with something like Zoom Player, PowerDVD or I think WinDVD can handle it.

I have no idea how you were opening a bin file up with WiMP 7.1, didn't know it could be done. Burn the bin and watch the clip from the CD.

Edit- I just seen your other thread a well. Judging by your questions, you might want to scour around the web and learn about the file formats such as bin, avi, ac3, etc. It should provide you with a better understanding of the entire process.

Last edited by MaTTeR; 4th April 2002 at 19:06.
MaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2002, 17:54   #3  |  Link
senticolis

thanks matter

It's no biggie. I had already used cdrwin to burn the movie and it works fine. I was just curious why 7.1 would play the bin file even before it was conveted to an MPEG or MPEG2. It may just be that the file was MPEG2 format and I didn't realize it. I use elecard to play MPEG2 but it seems to be a serious memory hogg and freezes the pc after an hour of video.
Old 5th April 2002, 19:12   #4  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

you can load .cue/bin files using daemon tools.. it's even free software.. it can also emulate copy protected CDs and even DVDs. I use it to test authored svcds before burning (no 700mb RWs around ..)
Old 5th April 2002, 21:56   #5  |  Link
senticolis

thanks again

I appreciate the help