Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd December 2011, 17:24   #7541  |  Link
fastplayer

I've uploaded one file to a more reliable hoster. The other one is impossible to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vp7lg2182d4fqag
fastplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:30   #7542  |  Link
clsid

Can it be solved by manually overriding the (incorrect) flags?
A future tray icon could harbor such an option, shown only for content that is known for possibly having incorrect flags (like MPEG-2). For example submenu called "Interlacing" with entries like Auto-detect/Assume Progressive/Assume Interlaced/Assume IVTC. The override naturally only applies to current playback session and resets to default audio-detect for next file. Changing the setting should give on-the-fly effect, or auto perform a seek to make it apply.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:54   #7543  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Here's the other sample:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1326861...ofOmission.zip
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 18:01   #7544  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

What could be done to make them play better would be to just apply the soft-telecine if its flagged properly, resulting in a hard-telecined fluid 30fps stream. If someone wanted, they could probably IVTC that back then with AviSynth or such.
This is however a post-processing task IMHO. I set the repeat flags on the output samples, so a post-processor could handle it completely.
Old 3rd December 2011, 22:39   #7545  |  Link
mr.duck
quack quack

nevcairiel, do you know much about DVB-T subtitle support in LAV splitter/MPC HC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.duck View Post
I have TS files where the subtitles do not show. They are from DVB-T recordings. It could be a bug in LAVSplitter or maybe it needs to be supported in MPC HC subtitle renderer? I could provide a sample.

Plus here's a handy little INSTALL.BAT file (rather than having 3 separate install .BATs)...

FOR %%G IN (*.ax) DO (regsvr32 %%G)
Old 4th December 2011, 00:55   #7546  |  Link
mkanet

Hi NevCariel (and others), sorry for the previous unreliable file hoster. I posted on two new file hosting sites below; which should hopefully be better. I really would like some smart people to personally try to play these files.

Maybe I might have given the wrong idea... These videos aren't just a couple of unique video encodings that I'm trying to playback. Regardless of how bad of an encoding these files are, millions of people play this exact video encoding format every day 24/7 (for the last several years...and for many more); as this is the native format that the largest cable TV provider in the United States uses... Comcast. At least, this is EXACTLY how they encode all their "Premium HD" channels (not local channels). Various types of cableboxes and hardware "HD" media players have no problems decoding these files at full quality (using ALL frames). Hardware based mpeg2 decoding on modern Nvidia display adapters may need some help (not sure about ATI or Intel).

I'm hoping someone here can find a clever way to find an automatic directshow playback solution that playback these files and other files completely automatic (system-built filtergraghs and respective filter settings) without compromising picture quality; just like standalone HD media players. Ideally, having LAV Video decoder handle these types of encodings properly/automatically without quality loss.

Here they are...

http://hotfile.com/dl/136663686/0a58c79/Dext.zip.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/136662412/0ddc...sible.zip.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8D8Q1Q5G
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D8X708QK

Thanks so much! I would be forever grateful if there's a full quality automated directshow solution for these and other more standard files in hopefully a single video decoder.
-MKANET
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I tried downloading the files several times with different browsers, but all it got me were broken files (everytime in a different size!)
Please use a better file hoster.

Anyway, the problem with such files in general is that when broadcast they are quite commonly mixed progressive and telecined content - with one additional problem: Everything is coded as interlaced.
Its basically impossible to properly detect this. The only solution for "fluid" playback is to simply use half-rate deinterlacing, which means it'll deinterlace the frames, removing all interlacing artifacts, but not add additional frames. This can be done with the CUVID decoder or YADIF deinterlacing (set it to 25p/30p mode), if you rely on the renderer for deinterlacing, you cannot do this.

MPC-HCs MPEG-2 decoder by default uses its own deinterlacing, and does not send the flags to the renderer. If it would, you would probably see similar issues.

Overall, such content is just horrible, and i have no real interest and spending hours trying to fix it, i'll leave that to people that get paid to deal with crappy designs like this. (I don't watch such content either, our broadcasts are pretty sane - also, madVR seems to hide the timestamp jitter pretty well, i only really see issues with EVR-CP)

Last edited by mkanet; 4th December 2011 at 04:28.
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 01:56   #7547  |  Link
mindbomb

i have a question.
my friend is watching the movie up, which has a 6.1 dts-hd es matrix.

he says it works, though i thought lav audio doesnt work with dts es?
mindbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 04:42   #7548  |  Link
Andy o

Both LAV and the dtsdecoderdll.dll do regular DTS-ES just fine, but not ES matrix. That disc has a dts-es matrix core, but the DTS-HD MA audio appears to be 5.1. I never saw the point of DTS-ES matrix, and luckily neither did most disc producers, cause there's very few discs with that audio.
Old 4th December 2011, 05:21   #7549  |  Link
mkanet

You're right!

I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Potplayer plays it very well and very sharp in detail using it's internal mpeg2 decoder with hardware acceleration without any post processing. It looks like Potplayer might have been tested with these types of interlaced television files.

NevCariel, please... could you try to see why Potplayer's FFmpeg-based hardware decoding can; and, see if it's possible to get LAV video decoder to decode these types just as well? I would very, very much appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
Dexter clip posted by mkanet plays (almost) smoothly using PotPlayer internal MPEG2 decoder, while using LAV decoder makes it unwatchably choppy. Also, Reclock is recognizing video stream as 23.976 fps and reports changing playback speed to 24fps, while madVR is reporting file being 29,970fps. Why is all that?
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 06:00   #7550  |  Link
Nozomi

How can I downmix AC3 5.1 to stereo 2 speakers output in my Windows 7 notebook with LAV? Do I need to install another directshow mixer? In this case how can I connect LAV 6 channels output to this mixer?
Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 06:57   #7551  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomi View Post
How can I downmix AC3 5.1 to stereo 2 speakers output in my Windows 7 notebook with LAV?
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 07:13   #7552  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Potplayer plays it very well and very sharp in detail using it's internal mpeg2 decoder with hardware acceleration without any post processing. It looks like Potplayer might have been tested with these types of interlaced television files.
Ponder, I play almost all MPEG2 content and I use PotP but I'm in the habit of deleting all the internal decoders, maybe I shouldn't.

Then again nevcairel is a real smart cooking and quick draw developer :0
Mixer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 08:57   #7553  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
NevCariel, please... could you try to see why Potplayer's FFmpeg-based hardware decoding can; and, see if it's possible to get LAV video decoder to decode these types just as well? I would very, very much appreciate it.
You're using software decoding, not hardware. (See the hardware acceleration on the right, MPEG2 says Disabled)
Switch LAV Video to software for MPEG-2 as well, and playback should be better. At least for me, in software mode it seemed acceptable, even fine.

I have no control over CUVID hardware decoding, either it works or it doesnt - if it doesnt, complain to NVIDIA.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 4th December 2011 at 09:02.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 09:46   #7554  |  Link
Dogway

I had some problems with lavfilters, first it couldn't properly render a corrupted mp3, being corrupted there wasn't much to discuss but winamp had no problems whatsoever so that made me think it could be improved. I deleted it by mistake, even when I had in mind to keep it for you to check :/

Also please check the clip in this thread, in graphedit I could split audio and decode it, but not video despite I was using ffdshow with its MS Video->libavcodec module setted on. So my guess is LAV Splitter wasn't communicating well with ffdshow.

At last there is something very annoying lately. I don't think its MPC-HC fault but I explain. When I have a file with a video and audio stream, and in the same folder another audio file with the same name, when I open the video I get LAV duplicates for Splitter and Audio. This is very strange and makes both audio play at the same time without the ability to disable, or select just one of them. Before it was one LavSplitter and inside you could see all the possible streams and choose alike.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 10:39   #7555  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Also please check the clip in this thread, in graphedit I could split audio and decode it, but not video despite I was using ffdshow with its MS Video->libavcodec module setted on. So my guess is LAV Splitter wasn't communicating well with ffdshow.
I tried to play it, and it crashed in ffdshow somewhere, my guess is that ffdshow just doesn't like that format much.
Even crashes with MPC-HCs internal AVI splitter or the MS AVI splitter.

I could probably try adding support for this format to LAV Video, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
At last there is something very annoying lately. I don't think its MPC-HC fault but I explain. When I have a file with a video and audio stream, and in the same folder another audio file with the same name, when I open the video I get LAV duplicates for Splitter and Audio. This is very strange and makes both audio play at the same time without the ability to disable, or select just one of them. Before it was one LavSplitter and inside you could see all the possible streams and choose alike.
Thats MPC-HCs fault. It opens external audio streams so you can choose in the player. MPC-HCs UI isn't really all that good for it, though.

To stop multiple tracks playing at the same time, you need to enable MPC-HCs internal audio switcher.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 4th December 2011 at 10:50.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 11:26   #7556  |  Link
Dogway

I checked now with an "old" version I had 0.38 and it was the same, same when using ffdshow so I must have been mistaken with mkv playback behaviour, or when I had audio switcher on by default for audio delay, not now anymore since you added it to lavaudio (I use it a lot so thanks!) so enabling audio switcher is yet another resources hog for the player I thought I had got ridden since then. Do you recommend another player which LAVFilters work best?

Also it's really pitty I deleted the mp3 because it was a good straight to the point case that I don't happen to encounter much. I tried to get it back with recuva but nothing. I will come back again if I find something worth for you to improve the filters.
Dogway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 12:41   #7557  |  Link
ryrynz

Nevcairiel, I have a flash video that causes the media player stop responding. If I playback and enter the LAV settings during playback then exit via OK, Cancel or Apply and then seek afterwards it occurs.
Tested with both the latest SVN and official release MPC and Potplayer using LAV 0.42. I gave the latest nightly LAV a go as well but no change, sample below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?246bybvmhpyhakc
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 13:55   #7558  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Nevcairiel, I have a flash video that causes the media player stop responding. If I playback and enter the LAV settings during playback then exit via OK, Cancel or Apply and then seek afterwards it occurs.
Tested with both the latest SVN and official release MPC and Potplayer using LAV 0.42. I gave the latest nightly LAV a go as well but no change, sample below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?246bybvmhpyhakc
The only "issue" i see with this file is that its been cut after about 2 minutes of time, so seeking after that will skip to the end, of course. I cannot reproduce any issues if i limit my seeking to the first 2 minutes.
Old 4th December 2011, 14:08   #7559  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
I tried to play it, and it crashed in ffdshow somewhere, my guess is that ffdshow just doesn't like that format much.
Even crashes with MPC-HCs internal AVI splitter or the MS AVI splitter.

I could probably try adding support for this format to LAV Video, though.
Known problem.
LAV Splitter works fine with FFDShow (< rev3823) on CRAM and RLE video though.
Old 4th December 2011, 16:21   #7560  |  Link
clsid

Those are paletted formats. Libavcodec expects the palette in a SideData packet. It must be extracted from the extradata and put in a sidedata packet. When using libavfromat that might get done automatically? That is possibly why it works with LAV splitter and not with MS splitter.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter