Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 6th April 2006, 05:12   #1  |  Link
Hyphven

Audio CD from DVD

I have a DVD and I want just the audio from the DVD to put on an audio CD. The DVD is short enought that it will be under 80min. I didn't really find a guide on this. I would just like to know what the easiest way to do this would be. Thanks!
Hyphven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 06:49   #2  |  Link
daphy
Miles Freak

eh come on - there are lots of guides and hints in this forum

guideline:
just strip out the audio track (WAV 2.0, AC3 or DTS)

I would prefer WAV if not WAV present prefer the AC3

(a. AC3
decode to WAV 2.0 I would prefer HeadAC3 version December 2004 (not the one from the homepage -> needfulthings is your friend)
methode? I would use DolbySurround PLII instead of stereo )

b. WAV 2.0
downsample to 44.1KHz

Tracks?
I would create a CUE Sheet on the WAV

finally: burn the disc using the CUE file as disc image

Thatīs it
Old 7th April 2006, 10:33   #3  |  Link
chromium

There are indeed different ways to do this and the information is scattered in pieces on this forum, in guides, and elsewhere on the net. This is how I would proceed

(1) Decrypt the DVD on my hard disk using DVD decrypter in IFO mode (selecting only the track where I need the Audio)
(2) Use DGIndex to demux the audio tracks
(3) Use Besweet to convert the 5.1 AC3 track to 16 bit WAV audio, resampling to 44100 Hz and downmixing to stereo. I would hesitate using the 2 channel track if present, because sometimes this 2 channel track is compressed, while 5.1 tracks tend to have more dynamics.
(4) Load the wav file into Audacity (open source audio editor) just to visualise the audio and determine the appropriate cue points for the track rather easily
(5) Use my favourite editor to write an CUE sheet
(6) Use burnatonce (graphical frontend to open source burning tools) or ExactAudioCopy to burn an audio CD using this cue sheet.

Alternatively, but less powerfull, you can use Audacity to split the WAV file obtained in step (3) and burn the tracks using your favourite CD burning program.
chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 13:22   #4  |  Link
Musi

Try MPEG Mediator

Dear Hyphven,

The best way that I found is to use the freeware tool MPEG Mediator. This tool does not only allow you to encode AVI from VOB-Files it also allows to encode MPG3/WAV from VOB-Files.

Musi
Musi is offline   Reply With Quote