Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th March 2016, 04:59   #5021  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce/Fl View Post
I think I may have stumbled upon something here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172002

Which says that rgtools doesn't include removedirt.

But that raises another question, why does the script run when I do the loadplugin on rgtools, even though I took out the removedirt dll, which supposedly isn't included in rgtools?

There are about 238 remove dirt variants and versions

You have one in your script, called as a function as a dependency for removedirtmc . That actually relies on one of the 164.5 versions of removegrain.dll

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...16#post1761016

Code:

function RemoveDirt(clip input, int "limit", bool "_grey")
{
  clensed=input.Clense(grey=_grey, cache=4)
  alt=input.RemoveGrain(2)
  return RestoreMotionBlocks(clensed,input,alternative=alt,pthreshold=6,cthreshold=8, gmthreshold=40,dist=3,dmode=2,debug=false,noise=limit,noisy=4, grey=_grey)

# Alternative settings
  # return RestoreMotionBlocks(clensed,input,alternative=alt,pthreshold=4,cthreshold=6, gmthreshold=40,dist=1,dmode=2,debug=false,noise=limit,noisy=12,grey=_grey,show=true)
  # return RestoreMotionBlocks(clensed,input,alternative=alt,pthreshold=6,cthreshold=8, gmthreshold=40,dist=3,tolerance= 12,dmode=2,debug=false,noise=limit,noisy=12,grey=_grey,show=false)
}

poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 05:16   #5022  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

I know you're trying to lead me down a path to understand what's happening, but I'm afraid I'm too inexperienced to see it..

I guess my question still is, it appears that that particular removedirt needs a loadplugin? I thought that if I had its replacement (rgtools) in the autoload folder, it would load by itself. When I manually load the RGtools, the script works.
Bruce/Fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2016, 05:38   #5023  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Script error: Clense does not have a named argument "cache"
Your script uses the old versions of clense etc.. rgtools isn't completely backwards compatible

Notice in the rgtools documention , the clense version there doesn't have cache argument, the original one does
https://github.com/tp7/RgTools/blob/master/README.md

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RemoveG...veGrain/Clense

You would have to modify your script or use the other version

I don't think rgtools needs loadplugin(), not sure what is going on there. Do you have the .dll in the plugins folder (not in a subfolder) ? rgtools does include removegrain, which is part of that function for that version of removedirt
Old 18th March 2016, 06:28   #5024  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Your script uses the old versions of clense etc.. rgtools isn't completely backwards compatible

Notice in the rgtools documention , the clense version there doesn't have cache argument, the original one does
https://github.com/tp7/RgTools/blob/master/README.md

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RemoveG...veGrain/Clense

You would have to modify your script or use the other version

I don't think rgtools needs loadplugin(), not sure what is going on there. Do you have the .dll in the plugins folder (not in a subfolder) ? rgtools does include removegrain, which is part of that function for that version of removedirt
I found out I still had the removedirt and removegrain DLLs in my syswow folder. I put them both in the plugin folder, and removed the rgtools and the script worked. I did them one at a time to see which ones were needed. So I kind a got a flow going now,l.

I'm still kind of having a hard time figuring out where to get the speed back up to 29.97 after running the filters. I looked for a return final statement, or something similar, and the script isn't written exactly that way. Looking at the script, do you have any suggestions on where I might put it? Maybe there is some verbiage in there that you recognized as the equivalent of the "return final" type of statement?
Old 18th March 2016, 22:37   #5025  |  Link
poisondeathray

Your last line of the actual script is
Code:
Eval(result)
All the stuff that comes after it are just function definitions

and at the top of the script, where you enter parameters, you've defined result as:
Code:
result="result4"
So find the line with result4 and add it to the end of it

It would be this one:

result4= PreBorderFrame.coloryuv(off_U=blue,off_V=red).levels(black_level,gamma,white_level,0,255).addborders(bord_left+in_bord_left, bord_top+in_bord_top, bord_right+in_bord_right, bord_bot+in_bord_bot).ChangeFPS(30000,1001)
Old 19th March 2016, 05:05   #5026  |  Link
Bruce/Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Your last line of the actual script is
Code:
Eval(result)
All the stuff that comes after it are just function definitions

and at the top of the script, where you enter parameters, you've defined result as:
Code:
result="result4"
So find the line with result4 and add it to the end of it

It would be this one:

result4= PreBorderFrame.coloryuv(off_U=blue,off_V=red).levels(black_level,gamma,white_level,0,255).addborders(bord_left+in_bord_left, bord_top+in_bord_top, bord_right+in_bord_right, bord_bot+in_bord_bot).ChangeFPS(30000,1001)
It looks like that did the trick!

I think I tried that spot, (I tried a few places) in the same position, but not as a continuation of the same text line you did, (after adding a period) I just put a new line of text with the changeFPS command under that line. If that not working doesn't make sense, then I must be mistaken.

But regardless, it worked. Thank you PDR, and also Groucho, thank you very much also. And kudos to you both for putting up with my beginners level of comprehension about these processes.

Now that that has been hammered out, alond with my issues with AVSPmod, I think I'll go back to the other thread in Avisynth Usage, and try to get from having a good .264 file, to having it authored and ready to put on a BD.

And probably before I do that I also need to incorporate the L-Smash into the script so as to be able to take on some more robust files out of Vegas.

Again, thanks to all.
Old 19th March 2016, 14:56   #5027  |  Link
Glarioo

@LouieChuckyMerry

Thanks, gonna keep that update cache file. Just for security...

Last edited by Glarioo; 19th March 2016 at 15:01.
Glarioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 23:30   #5028  |  Link
Barough

MKVToolNix v9.0.1 have been released.

Last edited by Barough; 29th March 2016 at 17:10.
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 00:59   #5029  |  Link
NyaR

MeGUI version 2624 has a bug that it cannot export presets.

When I export my custom presets I get an empty 1kb .zip

If I revert to previous MeGUI 2525 version I am able to export the presets.

You can reproduce this by following these steps:
  1. Download this: http://www.hejyhej.com/files/presets.7z
  2. Open the /presets/ directory and extract hejmegui.zip
  3. Import hejmegui.zip and all presets within.
  4. Then attempt to export the presets you've just imported.

End result: empty 1kb .zip file.
NyaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 07:10   #5030  |  Link
hello_hello

MeGUI's script creator is somewhat misleading at the moment when anamorphic encoding is enabled. It doesn't matter if the resizing and aspect error are wrong because resizing is disabled, but it's misleading, especially for someone new to MeGUI, and it's hard enough for them to understand the anamorphic options. Today I found myself once again explaining to someone via a forum post why you can encode mod16 with an option called "encode non mod16". Could the name be easily changed? "Anamorphic strict" as Handbrake describes it would make more sense.

I don't know whether you saw my bug report a while back Zathor, but switching encoder presets still doesn't work when the encoder configuration is open, it only has an effect if you also change an encoder setting. If you select a different preset and close the encoder configuration it'll revert to the previously selected preset.

Opening the preview via the button in the video section and changing the DAR should force MeGUI to use the selected DAR if you add the script to the queue for encoding immediately after closing the preview. It's not working.

Thanks.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 14:05   #5031  |  Link
Carlo75

I'm not sure if it's a real bug or I doing something wrong, but maybe you can help me.

I have several times try to encode some different mpeg2.ts files, but everytime the encoding crashed at the second rendering job with this error:

Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)

The error comes only when the second pass encoding starts, whitout them anything works well, but for better quality I want the second pass...

I already tried different thinks like disable x264 64bit, but nothing help. For the last test I deinstalled and reinstalled MeGui complette, but without success...

Errorlog is attached.

Greets

Carlo
Attached Files
File Type: txt Error_log.txt (22.4 KB, 30 views)
Carlo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 15:03   #5032  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo75 View Post
The error comes only when the second pass encoding starts, whitout them anything works well, but for better quality I want the second pass...
I don't know why it's happening (can't see your error.txt file yet), but in case you didn't know...
x264's quality based encoding (CRF) encodes exactly the same way as 2 pass. There's very minor differences, but if each method encoded the same video at the same bitrate, the quality would be identical.

So for 2 pass encoding the bitrate or file size is known, but the quality is unknown.
For CRF encoding it's the other way around. You pick the quality and the bitrate will be whatever it needs to be (according to how hard the video is to compress).
Old 5th April 2016, 18:04   #5033  |  Link
Carlo75

Hi hello_hello.

Ok, I had always selected CRF18 and pre-rendering. If I understand you right, that was not necessary.

But on the other way, it should work anyway... for that there must be something wrong.

Greets

Carlo
Carlo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 18:45   #5034  |  Link
hello_hello

Carlo75,
I'm not sure if I'm following your log file exactly.... there seems to be some OneClick encoder stuff in there.... but when you referred to a second pass I thought you meant you'd configured x264 for 2 pass encoding. It runs the first pass to work out how to distribute the bits and a second pass to encode, and you'd specify a file size or bitrate.

A pre-rendering job is something else. To be honest I've never used it as it was probably intended. I think the idea is if you're using 2 pass encoding (x264 configured for 2 pass) and you've got very slow filtering in a script, the pre-rendering job applies the filtering to the video but the output is encoded as a lossless AVI in a single pass. Once that's done the lossless AVI is used for 2 pass encoding and the encoder can run each pass at full speed. The filtering doesn't have to be run twice as it normally would.
I'm pretty sure MeGUI lets you add a pre-rendering job when using CRF encoding but I can't imagine there'd ever be much point. Without pre-rendering the source is being decompressed and re-encoded, with pre-rendering the source is being decompressed and saved as a lossless AVI which is then re-encoded, but the result should be exactly the same either way.

I did manage to reproduce your problem. Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)
I'm running XP so I can't use the latest ffmpeg (which is used to create the lossless AVI) because it doesn't work, so I rolled back to an earlier version. It created the lossless AVI for me, but after that was indexed x264 produced the same error in the log file.
I tried again while encoding with Xvid and I thought it was successful, but I discovered it had encoded the error message instead. This time it was:
CAVIStreamSynth: Access Violation at 0xba3c06, reading from 0x1091020

Best as I can tell it's ffmsindex's fault. If I manually create a script to open the lossless AVI with L-Smash it encodes successfully. For the moment though it's probably not something you need to worry about because it seems like creating a pre-rendering job isn't necessary in your case.

For anyone who might want to look at the problem, if I create a lossless AVI using MeGUI's pre-rendering option, and I then create the following script to open it, the script will open in MeGUI's preview, it'll open in MPC-HC, but it won't encode via MeGUI. That's me and MeGUI and XP, if it's relevant. I can't test older versions of ffms2 myself at the moment as I'm in the middle of some encoding jobs that are using it for decoding.

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("D:\test.avi", threads=1)
Old 10th April 2016, 13:06   #5035  |  Link
chipzoller
Mr. Woof

Hello, I'd like to request the ability to sort the columns in the HD Stream Extractor window, specifically in the Features pane. Right now when you click on a column name/header, it does nothing. Having them sort in both ascending and descending fashion would be helpful when processing discs with Screen Pass protection, for example.
chipzoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 13:59   #5036  |  Link
adem940

I started to have same problem ''0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)'' everything was working well yesterday, today I tried to encode x264 video like always and it kept giving this error, I don't know what to do

this is my log file info:

--[Error] [11-Apr-16 3:52:06 PM] Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:52:06 PM] Job completed
-[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:52:15 PM] Successfully deleted C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\Hundred OP60.264
-[Information] Log for job2 (mux, Hundred OP60.264 -> Hundred OP60.mp4)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:52:15 PM] Deleting intermediate files
-[Information] Log for job1 (video, Hundred OP.avs -> Hundred OP60.264)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Started handling job
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Preprocessing
-[NoImage] SetMemoryMax(512)
-[NoImage] #SetMTMode(3,4)
-[NoImage] PluginPath = "E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\"
-[NoImage] LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
-[NoImage] LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
-[NoImage] Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
-[NoImage] LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\avss.dll")
-[NoImage] dss2("C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\Hundred OP.mp4", fps=23.976).AssumeFPS(24000,1001).ConvertToYV12()
-[NoImage] #SetMTMode(2)
-[NoImage] #deinterlace
-[NoImage] #crop
-[NoImage] #denoise
-[NoImage] #resize
-[NoImage] InterFrame(Cores=4, GPU=True)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Avisynth input script
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] resolution: 1920x1080
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] frame rate: 60/1
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] aspect ratio: 16:9 (1.778)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Job command line: "E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\x264_10b\x264-10b.exe" --level 5.2 --preset superfast --tune animation --bitrate 10000 --keyint 600 --vbv-bufsize 300000 --vbv-maxrate 300000 --sar 1:1 --output "C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\Hundred OP60.264" "C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\Hundred OP.avs"
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Process started
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Standard output stream
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:48 PM] Standard error stream
---[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:49 PM] avs [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 60/1 fps (cfr)
---[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:49 PM] x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
---[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:49 PM] x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
---[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:54:49 PM] x264 [info]: profile High 10, level 5.2, 4:2:0 10-bit
--[Error] [11-Apr-16 3:56:18 PM] Process exits with error: 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:56:18 PM] Job completed
-[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:56:26 PM] Successfully deleted C:\Users\Adem\Desktop\Hundred OP60.264
-[Information] Log for job2 (mux, Hundred OP60.264 -> Hundred OP60.mp4)
--[Information] [11-Apr-16 3:56:26 PM] Deleting intermediate files
adem940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 17:21   #5037  |  Link
Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by adem940 View Post
I started to have same problem ''0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION (-1073741819)'' everything was working well yesterday, today I tried to encode x264 video like always and it kept giving this error, I don't know what to do
It looks like x264 crashes. You can try to change default MeGUI x264-10b.exe (Komisar) to official build from:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vid...x264/binaries/
Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2016, 15:28   #5038  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma View Post
It looks like x264 crashes. You can try to change default MeGUI x264-10b.exe (Komisar) to official build from:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vid...x264/binaries/
how can I change it? copying and pasting them into default folders didn't work...

Edit: I still have same problem, encoding stops at 63% or sometimes 67% :/
Old 13th April 2016, 15:55   #5039  |  Link
Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by adem940 View Post
how can I change it? copying and pasting them into default folders didn't work...
From your log:
E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\x264_10b\x264-10b.exe

So please download 10bit x264 for Win32
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vid...65-a01e339.exe

Then please copy downloaded file to folder
E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\x264_10b\

At the end please rename
x264-10b-r2665-a01e339.exe
to
x264-10b.exe

-------------
There is new stable source code for x264 ver. 148.2691. Soon should be new binaries.

Last edited by Ma; 13th April 2016 at 16:12.
Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2016, 13:11   #5040  |  Link
adem940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma View Post
From your log:
E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\x264_10b\x264-10b.exe

So please download 10bit x264 for Win32
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vid...65-a01e339.exe

Then please copy downloaded file to folder
E:\video encoding\MeGUI\tools\x264_10b\

At the end please rename
x264-10b-r2665-a01e339.exe
to
x264-10b.exe

-------------
There is new stable source code for x264 ver. 148.2691. Soon should be new binaries.
did as you said, replaced it with new one but crashed at 67% :/