Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th June 2007, 18:20   #201  |  Link
colinhunt

kabanero, that error might not be caused by remuxing. PS3 seems to be incredibly picky about how the disc was burned.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 18:21   #202  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz01 View Post
Did you try to play it on your Panasonic player? If you can let me know what happens. Also if anybody can try PS3 and tell me what happens I would be grateful too.
I'll do a test burn and will let you know how the players reacted.
Old 9th June 2007, 21:01   #203  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
kabanero, that error might not be caused by remuxing. PS3 seems to be incredibly picky about how the disc was burned.
Yes, I know that PS3 is very picky, but it was the same BD-RE disk burned the same way both times with Nero using UDF 2.5.
After remuxing with version 11 disk played on PS3, but without video and audio. After remuxing with version 12 I got that error.
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 21:03   #204  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
You don't need any titles in the loop if you have first playback title set. Notice that the first playback title is never in the title loop. I put the main feature in the first playback and that's why it starts automatically.

I could put the same title in both places, but that could confuse some players and could be "less compatible" than having no titles in the loop, which does follow the spec.
OK. That's good if it works.
I've changed BDedit to work with it.
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 22:23   #205  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabanero View Post
Yes, I know that PS3 is very picky, but it was the same BD-RE disk burned the same way both times with Nero using UDF 2.5.
After remuxing with version 11 disk played on PS3, but without video and audio. After remuxing with version 12 I got that error.
The funny thing is that I've burned the exact same data on two discs, using the same version of Nero and same settings... and one of the discs played on PS3 and the other one didn't.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:35   #206  |  Link
colinhunt

OK. Managed to finally burn a BDMV created with version 12. Disc plays fine in PS3, I can see a picture but there's no sound. Exactly the same results as with the previous version; PS3 reports nothing about audio etc.

Panny BD10 again recognizes the disc as BD and tries to play it. After a couple of seconds of black screen player display reads STOP and playback stops.

I seem to remember that PC-burned BD-REs used to work on the Panny, but that was before I updated its firmware to v2.0. Maybe that disabled non-AACS BD-RE support?
Old 9th June 2007, 22:39   #207  |  Link
colinhunt

FYI, my burn process is as follows:

1) remux with TsRemux to "Blu-ray"
2) select Blu-ray Disc (UDF) compilation type in Nero 7 Premium (v7.9.6.0), switch file system manually to UDF 2.50 and drop the BDMV directory into compilation
3) select Image Recorder as destination and write a .NRG disc image on HDD
4) use the latest ImgBurn to burn the image on BD-RE disc

Oddly enough one of my PCs burns discs at 1x speed only. Another PC burns happily at 2x - same burner, same media. Weird stuff.
Old 9th June 2007, 22:42   #208  |  Link
colinhunt

Update on the Panny BD10 issue. Found an older BD-RE which worked on the Panny (luckily I had written that on the label as a reminder) and placed it in the player. Works fine!

So, TsRemuxed BDMVs not working on the Panny is not Panny's fault.
Old 10th June 2007, 02:01   #209  |  Link
kabanero

Quote:
OK. Managed to finally burn a BDMV created with version 12. Disc plays fine in PS3, I can see a picture but there's no sound. Exactly the same results as with the previous version; PS3 reports nothing about audio etc.
YEAAAAAAAH!!! I got the video too, but no sound.
I also have chapters every 5 minutes and can skip between chapters.

So, TsRemuxed BDMVs not working on PS3 is not PS3's fault. Probably Nero producing inconsistent results with burning Blu-ray disks.

My burn process is as follows:
  1. remux with TsRemux to "Blu-ray" option.
  2. select Blu-ray Disc (UDF) compilation type in Nero 7 (v7.7.5.1), switch file system manually to UDF 2.50 and drop the BDMV and CERTIFICATE directories into compilation.
  3. burn directly to BD-RE disk.

Last edited by kabanero; 10th June 2007 at 02:07.
kabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 09:35   #210  |  Link
colinhunt

I don't burn the CERTIFICATE directory. As far as I know it's not necessary.
Old 10th June 2007, 17:38   #211  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
I don't burn the CERTIFICATE directory. As far as I know it's not necessary.
CERTIFICATE and CERTIFICATE\BACKUP are necessary even if they're empty. I wouldn't have created them otherwise.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 18:07   #212  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
CERTIFICATE and CERTIFICATE\BACKUP are necessary even if they're empty. I wouldn't have created them otherwise.
Hmm... I've got plenty of BD-RE backups that don't have it, and they all work perfectly. Why is it necessary?
Old 10th June 2007, 18:17   #213  |  Link
dmz01

Quote:
Hmm... I've got plenty of BD-RE backups that don't have it, and they all work perfectly. Why is it necessary?
BDROM specifications require it. It is part of the bare minimum set for a compliant disk. Non-compliant structure disks will probably work on a lot of players, but you can't guarantee them to work on all.
dmz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 18:35   #214  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
BDROM specifications require it. It is part of the bare minimum set for a compliant disk. Non-compliant structure disks will probably work on a lot of players, but you can't guarantee them to work on all.
Ah, thank you.

Keeping this in mind, I dug out that BD-RE which works in the Panny BD10 v2.0. I burned it quite some time ago,way before the Panny 2.0 firmware was released.

I thought the missing CERTIFICATE could be the reason why my TsRemuxed test burns aren't working in the Panny... but that's not the cause. The older BD-RE that works in the Panny doesn't have CERTIFICATE either; only BDMV.

Hey, maybe I should rip that discs' BDMV directory for you to check?
Old 10th June 2007, 18:46   #215  |  Link
colinhunt

Here's the BDMV (sans STREAM, naturally) from the BD-RE which works in the Panasonic:
http://www.box.net/shared/jiupl9nurt
Old 10th June 2007, 21:00   #216  |  Link
Icemaan

Quote:
Here's the BDMV (sans STREAM, naturally) from the BD-RE which works in the Panasonic:
http://www.box.net/shared/jiupl9nurt
I want test TsRemux but i everytime get the Problem

Not enough System Resources to Start.Any Idea whats goes Wrong

Icemaan
Icemaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 21:26   #217  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemaan View Post
I want test TsRemux but i everytime get the Problem Not enough System Resources to Start.Any Idea whats goes Wrong
I think post #197 in this thread answers your question. Come on, it's on the previous page, man.
Old 10th June 2007, 21:45   #218  |  Link
Icemaan

Quote:
I think post #197 in this thread answers your question. Come on, it's on the previous page, man.
Oh man i am so stupid i read and read but not found thanks a lot for your Tip

icemaan
Icemaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 23:00   #219  |  Link
BBugsBunny

dmz01:
Version 0.0.12 works very well for me! Some problematic transport streams I recorded with media portal tv server 3, now are fully playable with MPC+Haali+CoreAVC, after I passed (and trimmed beginning/end) it through TSRemux.
I do use .ts as output format.

Thanks a lot!
BBugsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 10:34   #220  |  Link
karollt

At last I can reply
Hi all. I have a problem, I need, to convert DVD to mpeg, but I need to leav all sound traks, and titles, how I can do it? I tried with TSRemux, but VLC doent play anithing ...

Please help me
karollt is offline   Reply With Quote