Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 29th September 2005, 12:54   #641  |  Link
nightrhyme
º¿º XviD N00B º¿º

Thanks for reply Doom9

D2V Creator:
I'm not sure I understand all the reasons for not being able to load more than one Vob in D2V Creator. But it sure sounds complicated. Good luck with implementing that
I'll just do it manually with DGIndex for now

Regarding Avisynth Script Creator: Yes I see it's the same as DGIndex. I guess I'm just spoiled by GordianKnot and the instant preview of my resize and PAR it offers.

Regarding Resize: I did see a problem with the suggested resolution. However I figured out I had to check SUGGEST RESOLUTION after Crop.
BTW. Why Isn't it possible to go higher than 720 horizontal ?

Should have been 640 x 272

I never did say thanks for developing this nice gui
Old 29th September 2005, 14:20   #642  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand all the reasons for not being able to load more than one Vob in D2V Creator.
Now wait, I think I meant something else. There's no need to select more than one VOB.. subsequent vobs are automatically taken into account (as in you select VTS_05_1.VOB, and the dgindex project will be done for VTS_05_1.VOB, VTS_05_2.VOB, etc).

Quote:
Why Isn't it possible to go higher than 720 horizontal ?
The limit is imposed after loading the source.. you cannot go higher than the source resolution, but if you were to load a HDTV source, you'd see that your maximal horizontal resolution is higher. It just doesn't make sense to go higher than the source.

Quote:
Should have been 640 x 272
Could you cut a couple minutes worth of that VOB and upload them someplace for analysis.. according to my calculations that should indeed be a 1:2.35 movie and thus the suggested vertical resolution should be 272. You took that screenshot after applying the proper procedure (auto-crop, then suggest resolution, correct?)

Quote:
I guess I'm just spoiled by GordianKnot and the instant preview of my resize and PAR it offers.
You have the instant preview of cropping as well.. the output resolution really doesn't do much so I don't see any sense in complicating things by dynamically stretching and resizing the dgindex project preview.
Old 29th September 2005, 14:21   #643  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
Does the --no-psnr switch affect quality?
the way I read it, x264.exe can compute the PSNR while encoding, but that's of informational nature only.. since those calculations will take a few CPU cycles, I deactivated them for more speed.
Old 29th September 2005, 16:09   #644  |  Link
nightrhyme
º¿º XviD N00B º¿º

Thanx again for reply Doom9

Ohh I see that's how D2V creator works Didn't know

Resolution: ok 720 is max for pal. I guess It's just me who likes upsizing a bit

Resizing: No the resizing function works correctly. The screenshot was taken without cropping before checking SUGGEST RESOLUTION.
Old 1st October 2005, 07:03   #645  |  Link
locke86

i have some problems with the mkv muxing function once you hit AutoEncode

it gives me no option to select if my .aac is AAC+ ( i understand the option needs to be checked for proper muxing if your .aac is AAC+ )

also the vobsub muxing doesnt work for me.. whenever i select a .sub to mux into the mkv i get an error saying there's a command line error.. i do not get an option to select a .idx - however in mkvmerge gui i have to select the .idx and it works perfectly
Old 1st October 2005, 07:42   #646  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
it gives me no option to select if my .aac is AAC+
Well, since MeGUI can create AACs on its own, and always does so in an MP4 container where the HE (I think that's what you mean) marker is already set and can be taken into account by a muxer, it's really no necessity for me, just additional work. And considering that I support not one but two different AAC encoders, it's not so off base thinking that people should use MeGUI for audio encoding as well, or at least provide an MP4 if they want features a raw stream muxer cannot accomodate properly. Then there's the thing that most players can figure out the type of stream regardless of the flags.
Quote:
also the vobsub muxing doesnt work for me
there's no such feature. mp4box doesn't suport vobsub subtitles... there's a text based format that has the extension .sub, I don't recall it's name right now but that is what the muxer supports (it stems from mp4box'es limitations.. it may get vobsub support one day but right now we just don't know)
Old 1st October 2005, 08:14   #647  |  Link
locke86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
Well, since MeGUI can create AACs on its own, and always does so in an MP4 container where the HE (I think that's what you mean) marker is already set and can be taken into account by a muxer, it's really no necessity for me, just additional work. And considering that I support not one but two different AAC encoders, it's not so off base thinking that people should use MeGUI for audio encoding as well, or at least provide an MP4 if they want features a raw stream muxer cannot accomodate properly. Then there's the thing that most players can figure out the type of stream regardless of the flags.
there's no such feature. mp4box doesn't suport vobsub subtitles... there's a text based format that has the extension .sub, I don't recall it's name right now but that is what the muxer supports (it stems from mp4box'es limitations.. it may get vobsub support one day but right now we just don't know)
but i am using mkv not mp4.. mkv supports vobsub subtitles but i get an error while muxing

for the aac i use besweet with dimzon's winamp dlls.. dont like NAAC because it requires nero installed and i hear winamp's dlls provide better quality sound than FAAC
Old 1st October 2005, 08:33   #648  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
but i am using mkv not mp4.. mkv supports vobsub subtitles but i get an error while muxing
That doesn't matter.. the Matroska muxer is based upon the MP4 muxer, and I'm afraid the MP4 featureset in a way dictates the rest. Perhaps if you would share the error you're getting, it could be fixed in a future release
Old 1st October 2005, 08:59   #649  |  Link
locke86

Quote:
That doesn't matter.. the Matroska muxer is based upon the MP4 muxer, and I'm afraid the MP4 featureset in a way dictates the rest. Perhaps if you would share the error you're getting, it could be fixed in a future release
ok i will.. in like 10 hours

muxing the .mkv movie file with .aac audio and vobsubs works fine in mkvtoolnix gui though.. thats why i thought it should work in megui as well
Old 2nd October 2005, 19:37   #650  |  Link
locke86

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke86
ok i will.. in like 10 hours

muxing the .mkv movie file with .aac audio and vobsubs works fine in mkvtoolnix gui though.. thats why i thought it should work in megui as well

Error: 'D:\DVD\Projects\MOVIE_VTS_02_PGC1\MOVIE.sub': Error parsing a MPEG PS packet during the header reading phase. This stream seems to be badly damaged.

thats the error i get everytime i try to mux a .sub into an mkv with megui
Old 2nd October 2005, 20:18   #651  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
however in mkvmerge gui i have to select the .idx and it works perfectly
and there's no option to select a .sub file?
Old 2nd October 2005, 20:50   #652  |  Link
locke86

Quote:
and there's no option to select a .sub file?
selection of the sub files is done in a dialog where you can browse for media files

i cant select a .sub file with 'all supported media files' in the dropdown menu for file types but if i switch to 'all files' it is possible to select a .sub

i havent tried if it works though.. all i know is that .sub muxing in megui doesnt work right and if i select .idx in mkvtoolnix it works fine
Old 2nd October 2005, 21:06   #653  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
i havent tried if it works though.
Could you give it a shot please?
Old 3rd October 2005, 02:50   #654  |  Link
dbzgundam
Hates all his encodes

I'm having a problem it seems, with MeGUI... Originally I thought it was a .NET problem

http://x1.putfile.com/10/27420491042.gif

Any causes, solutions?
Old 3rd October 2005, 03:05   #655  |  Link
berrinam

Not much information, dbzgundam. Perhaps you are running .NET 2? Otherwise, please explain when and how you get this error (eg, when you start the program, or when you press encode, etc).
Old 3rd October 2005, 03:29   #656  |  Link
dbzgundam
Hates all his encodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
Not much information, dbzgundam. Perhaps you are running .NET 2? Otherwise, please explain when and how you get this error (eg, when you start the program, or when you press encode, etc).
Ahh, sorry.

No... I simply have to execute the program. >> And, no, I have 1.1. In fact, I reinstalled it (twice) to make sure, but no-go.
Old 3rd October 2005, 04:22   #657  |  Link
movax

Sorry for the obvious question, but any recent system changes/program installation?
Old 3rd October 2005, 08:49   #658  |  Link
locke86

i tried out muxing .sub into .mkv and this is what i got

Old 3rd October 2005, 09:46   #659  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Bug Report

Seems like MeGUI trying to read "jobs" folder from current directory (not executable directory)
Old 3rd October 2005, 10:12   #660  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@locke86: thanks for testing. I suppose the fix will be to simply disallow .sub input and enable .idx subtitle input instead. I'll put that into the next build but I have no release date yet as I'm completely restructuring the dgindex part to allow queueing of multiple one click jobs.