Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 3rd June 2008, 01:46   #21  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

Thanks for your help, but I think I might need thetoof to help a little more. Using pureint=2 means
2 : i1 + e1 + i2

I still don't understand this. I gave the frames for the ending and I don't know where to put them. What frame would I use for the e1 value since I only want to splice in the op and ed.

For instance, how would I go about using start/end i.e. istart/iend? Would it be something like:

i1(0,end frame of the op)
e1(i have no idea what to put)
i2(39594,41539)

Last edited by Nightshiver; 3rd June 2008 at 01:55.
Nightshiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:13   #22  |  Link
HymnToLife
Ubuntu French Roast

No, no, you got it wrong. Those i1, e1 and i2 are just schematic representations to help you figure out which pureint value you need to use depending on your source, they're not functions or parameters. If I understand the guide correctly, in your case, it would look like :

Code:
AnimeIVTC(mode=3, omode=1, pureint=2, istart1=0, iend1=END_FRAME_OF_OP, estart1=END_FRAME_OF_OP+1, eend1=39593, istart2=39594, iend2=41539)
As some of the parameters seem redundant, maybe they can be omitted, but I think that's the general idea of what your function should look like. thetoof will surely be able to give further details.

Last edited by HymnToLife; 3rd June 2008 at 02:16.
HymnToLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:22   #23  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

The end frame of op is 2705. But when I plugged everything in, vdubmod gave me the error "video framerate doesn't match".
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:47   #24  |  Link
HymnToLife
Ubuntu French Roast

This is precisely why I asked you to post your whole script. This error happens when you try to splice together clips that have different framerates. How are we supposed to know where the error is if we don't know what you're doing?
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:39   #25  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

How in the world is posting my script going to help? Used MVdegrain3
TFM
TDecimate
aaa()
and LSF

I do not see how in the world this will help you in anyway. I know there are different frame rates, thats what I'm trying to fix! The credits are pure interlaced while the rest of the encode has been IVTC'ed to 23.976 fps.

Last edited by Nightshiver; 6th June 2008 at 01:52.
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:54   #26  |  Link
HymnToLife
Ubuntu French Roast

I think that's not how you're supposed to use AnimeIVTC(). From what I can gather, you just give it the whole clip (with the pure interlaced and the TC'ed parts) in input, and then it does it's magic and give you the fixed clip in output.

The guide says :

Quote:
omode : Determines the output framerate

* 1 : Converts the interlaced section(s) to 23.976 to maintain a Constant Frame Rate
So that's that, when you use AnimeIVTC(mode=3, omode=1), it will convert the interlaced parts to 23.976 fps for you, then you'll have your whole clip with a constant frame rate in output. Otherwise, you'll have to go VFR and that can be a bit tricky.
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:37   #27  |  Link
Nightshiver
Quality Freak

Yeah, I get that. When I used animeivtc, I took out TFM and Tdecimate that way animeivtc could do the ivtc. In fact, I emptied the entire script and only used animeivtc but I still got the error.
Basically, my script right now is:

MPEG2Source("E:\nge.d2v")
AnimeIVTC(mode=3, omode=1, pureint=2, istart1=0, iend1=2706, estart1=2707, eend1=39593, istart2=39594, iend2=41539)

That's it. The reason for this is because I don't want anything else interfering with the filter since it's been giving me errors, so the problem still has not been solved.

Last edited by Nightshiver; 3rd June 2008 at 17:42.
Old 6th June 2008, 01:32   #28  |  Link
OvejaNegra
ekTOMBE STUDIOS

another issue with trigun:
mpeg2source("d:\trig\ep23.d2v", idct=0)
animeivtc (mode=7,aa=1,pass=1,omode=3,pureint=5,estart1=0,eend1=959,istart1=40873,iend1=43343)

if i understand correctly: i have IVTC credits from 0 to 959 and interlaced credits (for better scrolling) from 40873 to 43343. I want the end credits bobed (59.94) but i have this error:
Evaluate: operands of == and != must be comparable
(bunch of characters like @and -), line 66

Yes, i'm using a clean installation of avs and all the plugins from the package. my DGDdecode is up to date.

Sorry for the english.
Old 6th June 2008, 18:15   #29  |  Link
egrimisu

Is this suposed to work this slow : 1frame at 3-4secondc on e6850 3.0ghz ?
Nice job

Last edited by egrimisu; 6th June 2008 at 21:34.
egrimisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 23:36   #30  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

egrimisu, it depends on what settings you are using. If you post 'em, we can tell you if something is wrong or not.
Old 7th June 2008, 13:10   #31  |  Link
martino
masktools2 (ab)user

I just looked a bit at the code, and wouldn't it be slightly faster to replace the BlankClips with NOP? Or are the BlankClips there for a specific reason, that they need to be processed?
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2008, 19:02   #32  |  Link
elguaxo

My first try at AnimeIVTC and it looks good!

You should include SangNom in the Requirements pack.

elguaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 06:42   #33  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshiver View Post
so the problem still has not been solved.
The following may answer your question. If it doesn't, post again.
- For a CFR clip @ 23,976fps with 24t + 30i, use mode 3 or 4 (in your case, it seems like a mode=3) and omode=1
- Get the frame numbers with the various "check=x"
- If you don't understand clearly what I mean with my examples for pureint=x in the guide, please tell me what way you think would be better
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvejaNegra View Post
animeivtc(mode=7,aa=1,pass=1,omode=3,pureint=5,estart1=0,eend1=959,istart1=40873,iend1=43343)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeIVTC documentation for mode 7
Usage: Do a lossless rendering pass of your clip after applying all the other filters you want, load it as avisource("yourfile.avi").animeivtc(7,[other settings if you want]) and follow the guide here.
If you want to process 24t + 30i, use mode 3 for hard telecined and 4 for double hard telecined, not 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by egrimisu View Post
Is this suposed to work this slow : 1frame at 3-4secondc on e6850 3.0ghz ?
The defaults are aimed towards high quality ivtc, so if it's too slow for you, disable aa and use a lower precision (not recommended at all) However, the speed your talking about is freaking slow... try using a high setmemorymax(). How much RAM do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I just looked a bit at the code, and wouldn't it be slightly faster to replace the BlankClips with NOP? Or are the BlankClips there for a specific reason, that they need to be processed?
Would the speed gain be truly noticeable? and... I'm not sure that they are even processed when the conditional call results in using other functions. Also, for a few reasons, I used blankclip + subtitle to throw error messages instead of assert, so they are somewhat needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguaxo View Post
You should include SangNom in the Requirements pack.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HymnToLife View Post
Vinverse is not either, btw, but this one is easy to find
done

General things:
- New version of the function posted (syntax errors correction for mode=7)
- There will be some improvements of the vfr decimation when it's aimed towards compressibility improvements, because the current method tends to introduce jerks.
thetoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2008, 17:28   #34  |  Link
thetoof
Sleepy overworked fellow

@ Nightshiver
I read a bit more your posts to figure out the settings you need to ivtc nge (i.e. you don't need anything else for this). It would look like this for super duper quality with pureint=5:
Code:
animeivtc(3,omode=1,pureint=5,aa=x,estart1=0,eend1=39593,istart1=39594,iend1=41539,overlap=6,search=3,pel=4)
The frame numbers are wrong if you took them from the unprocessed clip, you need to get them with check=3 for the interlaced credits (would be check=1 for omode=2 or 3) and check=2 for the episode

To know what to use for pureint:
1 = interlaced credits + telecined episode
2 = interlaced credits + telecined episode + interlaced credits
etc
The fact that you have a section with credits doesn't mean they are interlaced. You need to check frame by frame for a few frames to confirm that they have interlacing on every frame. If they are static or if they follow the same telecining patter as the animation, you musn't consider them as interlaced (i.e. they are telecined).

istartx, iendx, estartx and eendx are used to give the frame number where each section starts and ends, where x is the same as ix and ex (given in the guide to know which pureint to use)
thetoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 22:41   #35  |  Link
SPiKA

I'm getting this error...

SPiKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2008, 23:58   #36  |  Link
jeffy

@SPiKA:
Just a guess, an outdated version of TIVTC.dll. Sorry if I am wrong.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 00:04   #37  |  Link
SPiKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
@SPiKA:
Just a guess, an outdated version of TIVTC.dll. Sorry if I am wrong.
Nopes... I have the latest version.
SPiKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 00:09   #38  |  Link

@thetoof

You are violating GPL by distributing DLLs without the source code. Please correct the situation immediately for Dup. Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2008, 17:50   #39  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@thetoof

You are violating GPL by distributing DLLs without the source code. Please correct the situation immediately for Dup. Thank you.
Don - the GPL doesn't mandate that you absolutely have to distribute the source alongside any binaries, only that you make the source code available upon request.

Of course, putting a download link for the source next to the downloads for binaries (or putting the source into the archive itself alongside the binary) is the easiest way to go, but it's not the only valid one...

np: Autechre - Garbagemx36 (Garbage)
Old 14th June 2008, 23:08   #40  |  Link

I know the GPL. He has to at least include an offer of the source with the distribution. But he has only the raw DLL, which is a big no-no.

@thetoof

Has this violation been rectified? Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote