Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 29th February 2016, 08:11   #1  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

PgcEdit: Switch all/multiple domains' streams attribute(s) simultaneously

Hi all,

Might be a stupid question, but I couldn't find anything in the help or searching online. There may be reasons why having this ability would be a bad idea, but I'll ask anyway:

Is there any way to switch the streams attributes of all or multiple domains simultaneously? I'm going through some backed-up DVDs and finding that some of them have 20-30+ domains, and I need to go through each one and set the audio to English, normal, etc. It would be really nice to be able to select all of them and do it at the same time.

Any help? Thanks!

Last edited by MorbidPenguin; 29th February 2016 at 10:23. Reason: Screwed up title.
MorbidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 18:10   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I wanted this myself, and, if there is any, I couldn't find myself
Old 1st March 2016, 10:35   #3  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's not possible, sorry.

It would be difficult and dangerous to implement that feature. Usually, in normal DVDs, the different titlesets have different streams, and processing them in batch would result in very bad things. In DVDs protected with a lot of fake titlesets, the problem is different, and that feature may be useful. But if the DVD has been properly decrypted, the fake VTSs can be easily removed, and in the final DVD, only a single VTS with the main movie should remain.

It is also difficult for me to implement that feature. In PgcEdit, it is not possible to select several PGCs or domains at the same time. And implementing a feature to edit the attributes of all domains at the same time is, IMO, completely absurd.

Furthermore, normally, a DVD should have the correct domain stream attributes in the first place, and editing them should be rarely necessary.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2016, 11:40   #4  |  Link
MorbidPenguin

Thanks rolz. I agree with most of your points (about correctly authoring DVDs). Unfortunately, that's not the case with these DVDs. Guess I've got a lot of dexterity exercises in my future going through these discs.
MorbidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio streams, domain streams, pgcedit, stream attributes