Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th June 2013, 11:54   #19261  |  Link
Incriminated

Glad to see so much updates lately. Im really thankful for such a great decoder, hope to see it default in the K-Lite Codec Package on one day.

Only "problem" i have is that in exlusive fullscreen mode any other video on a second monitor stops playing, while non-exlusive mode has visible laggs and frame-drops. jinc3 +ar @ gtx 670

i have tv-app that runs on second monitor and it is plugged in another gtx 550, and i can see system is using that for rendering the tv-app, so the gtx670 is free for madvr

Last edited by Incriminated; 20th June 2013 at 12:08.
Incriminated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 12:09   #19262  |  Link
DarkSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Edit: I'm fine with this being "player's fault". If so I can ask another question. Who I need to contact to have this issue fixed? MPC-BE dev? LAV dev? someone else?
I'd guess you need to report this to the video player developers, so it would be MPC-BE from your list.

Also, I found madshi's post on the matter (and surprisingly, you even answered yourself).
DarkSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 13:33   #19263  |  Link
Incriminated

Quote:
Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes.
Try if the problem with the latest X86-version from here appears: http://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

The MPC-BE team also has nightly builds and theres a post here with references and even a link to "report problems"
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=165890

Greets

Last edited by Incriminated; 20th June 2013 at 13:37.
Incriminated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 11:53   #19264  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul31 View Post
however, i am STILL unable to get madVR to utilize the nvidia card.

this is what i've done thus far:
i went into nvidia control panel, --> then clicked: display GPU activity icon in notification area.

i went to manage 3D settings --> Program settings --> clicked Add --> clicked Browse --> then selected Madhcctrl --> & then chose "High performance nvidia processor" as the preferred graphics processor.

when i played back a video in MPC-HC, the "nvidia GPU Activity icon" near the bottom right did not LIGHT up to show that there was any activity. so madvr wasn't using the nvidia card.

i am still mind-boggled with this: what else can i do so that madvr uses the nvidia card?
Well, 1 week ago I've just written that renaming the mpc-hc.exe to game.exe was solved the problem, but I had to reinstall W8 and now I'm facing the same situation: no matter what I set only intel GPU is used by MadVR
Only way to MadVR utilize nvidia that I right click on the game.exe icon on desktop, and directly select that it should use nvida gpu. (Previously I had managed to set it somehow, but I don't have a clue how )
Old 21st June 2013, 13:07   #19265  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
(Previously I had managed to set it somehow, but I don't have a clue how )
You can do this in nvidia control panel...
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:36   #19266  |  Link
namaiki

Yup, you should be able to add game.exe to the programs list in the nvidia control panel. Curiously, mpc-hc.exe seems to be hardwired to use the Intel GPU no matter what.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 17:16   #19267  |  Link
MasterMeNL

Does anyone know if there has been any update to XY-VSfilter rendering subtitles at the screen's native resolution which was supposed to work with a certain interface that MadVR uses IIRC.
I haven't heard of it in quite a while.

Also, is it possible to let MadVR upscale everything, then put it through XY-VSfilter, and then let MadVR output it to the monitor? I have plenty of RAM, VRAM and power to do this extremely inefficient way but if it works I'd happy. MPC-HC's renderer just sucks for fancy things.

Last edited by MasterMeNL; 21st June 2013 at 17:38.
MasterMeNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 17:39   #19268  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaiki View Post
Yup, you should be able to add game.exe to the programs list in the nvidia control panel. Curiously, mpc-hc.exe seems to be hardwired to use the Intel GPU no matter what.
I am able to get mpc-hc.exe to use nVidia GPU just like with any other program, no renaming necessary. This is demonstrable by looking at GPU-Z.

Pretty sure I have the latest drivers too.
Old 21st June 2013, 17:50   #19269  |  Link
namaiki

I'm on 314.22 and I haven't upgraded yet because of the thing where some people said that their GPUs got artifacts or were damaged. I don't know if it is any different with 320.18.

In the NVIDIA Control Panel, for me under MPC-HC.exe the "preferred graphics processor" is set to "Integrated graphics" and it's greyed out so it can't be changed. If I right-click Media Player Classic Homecinema - > Run with graphics processor-> High-performance NVIDIA processor, GPU-z still shows that the Intel GPU is being used.
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 18:51   #19270  |  Link
michkrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMeNL View Post
Does anyone know if there has been any update to XY-VSfilter rendering subtitles at the screen's native resolution which was supposed to work with a certain interface that MadVR uses IIRC.
I haven't heard of it in quite a while.
It's still in development. No public beta is available yet.
I remember reading somewhere, it might be ready around August, but it was just an estimation and I can't find the source right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMeNL View Post
Also, is it possible to let MadVR upscale everything, then put it through XY-VSfilter, and then let MadVR output it to the monitor? I have plenty of RAM, VRAM and power to do this extremely inefficient way but if it works I'd happy. MPC-HC's renderer just sucks for fancy things.
In short: madVR is a renderer not a filter, so you can't. The new interface was designed for that, so just wait for the new XYSubFilter to be released.
michkrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 19:53   #19271  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype View Post
Madshi,
Any chance to make the madVR settings GUI configurable BEFORE the playback is started? I mean something like LAVfilters have.
Thanks
Pluto
Already on his list: http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=83
Old 21st June 2013, 20:48   #19272  |  Link
monvo

Hi,
maybe there's something I'm missing here, but it seems that it's impossible to fast forward when bitstreaming audio to the avr. Is there anyway around that except for not bitstreaming audio to the avr?

edit: I just wanted to add that you're doing an awesome job and I've been converting people to properly set up their media players with madVR since I started using it!

Last edited by monvo; 21st June 2013 at 21:02.
monvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 23:05   #19273  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michkrol View Post
It's still in development. No public beta is available yet.
I remember reading somewhere, it might be ready around August, but it was just an estimation and I can't find the source right now.
Back on April 10th, I made an estimate of 2-4 months of remaining development time before a beta, so I'd assume that was the source. That estimate is still on-track but it was always conservative. As of right now, it seems likely there will be a beta release in early July, right around the center of my initial estimate. There are still a couple issues we need to resolved before then though, the most notable one being flickering bitmap subtitles (PGS/DVB/VOSUB).
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 08:11   #19274  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by monvo View Post
Hi,
maybe there's something I'm missing here, but it seems that it's impossible to fast forward when bitstreaming audio to the avr. Is there anyway around that except for not bitstreaming audio to the avr?

edit: I just wanted to add that you're doing an awesome job and I've been converting people to properly set up their media players with madVR since I started using it!
that's how bitstreaming works you can play something with x2 when you didn't decode it
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:51   #19275  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
There are still a couple issues we need to resolved before then though, the most notable one being flickering bitmap subtitles (PGS/DVB/VOSUB).
@madshi

It seems I have been mistaken about this being a confirmed XySubFilter issue. When he said this was likely caused by a performance issue awhile back, he was referring to an issue caused by madVR specifically. Maybe you should re-open that bug #76 on your tracker and look into what's causing this after-all. If you have questions, please email him.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 16:46   #19276  |  Link
petran79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Well, 1 week ago I've just written that renaming the mpc-hc.exe to game.exe was solved the problem, but I had to reinstall W8 and now I'm facing the same situation: no matter what I set only intel GPU is used by MadVR
Only way to MadVR utilize nvidia that I right click on the game.exe icon on desktop, and directly select that it should use nvida gpu. (Previously I had managed to set it somehow, but I don't have a clue how )

I am interested in this as well.
I wonder whether P010 videos will actually allow me to use Jinc3 filter without dropping frames. Though there isnt any GPU acceleration. But I've only been able to use Bicubic 75 and Lanczos-3. With Jinc3 and anti-ringing enabled, there is a framedrop. Probably because MadVR used Intel 3000 graphics for output.
If it uses Nvidia card (GT555M), will it have better performance with Jinc? Or is it more CPU dependent?
petran79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:05   #19277  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by petran79 View Post
If it uses Nvidia card (GT555M), will it have better performance with Jinc?
Yes, perfomance boost will be huge.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:38   #19278  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivan View Post
Yes, perfomance boost will be huge.
Yes, and on my GTX 660, GPU-Z shows only 10% usage when a video is playing with highest madVR settings, so there's room for even more demanding algorithms in the future.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:26   #19279  |  Link
DragonQ

Lucky for some. My laptop's nVidia card is a Quatro and the same in terms of performance as the Intel HD 4000, so I have no idea why it's even an option.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:18   #19280  |  Link
huhn

quadro's are speacil cards for spacial programs.

why did you get a laptop with an quadro gpu without knowing this?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling