Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 21st August 2007, 12:42   #641  |  Link
onlym3

Has the "File size of the raw file doesn't fit" problem been solved yet? I get that problem on 3 different pcs and other than running on Windows XP they dont have anything in common. One has Nero 7.10 installed, the other 7.8.5 so i doubt they both suffer from a bad Nero install. And one doesnt have the mention dtsac3source filter installed so that cant be it either.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:46   #642  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-guy View Post
It's The Wings of Honnêamise BD Rip.
I don't have that BD. I have two other BDs with TrueHD, though. I'll double check whether the length of the extracted AC3 file is ok with those tracks. Maybe there's a bug in eac3to.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:47   #643  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlym3 View Post
Has the "File size of the raw file doesn't fit" problem been solved yet? I get that problem on 3 different pcs and other than running on Windows XP they dont have anything in common. One has Nero 7.10 installed, the other 7.8.5 so i doubt they both suffer from a bad Nero install. And one doesnt have the mention dtsac3source filter installed so that cant be it either.
Do you have that problem with every E-AC3 track you try to convert? Or only with mono E-AC3 tracks?
Old 21st August 2007, 14:21   #644  |  Link
onlym3

Quote:
Do you have that problem with every E-AC3 track you try to convert? Or only with mono E-AC3 tracks?
I tried 2 EAC3 tracks from 2 different HDDVDs, same result. And they arent mono.
Old 21st August 2007, 14:36   #645  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I tried 2 EAC3 tracks from 2 different HDDVDs, same result. And they arent mono.
Have you tried GraphEdit? You need to rename it to Recode.exe. Then try "Nero File Source /Splitter -> Nero Audio Decoder 2 -> Default DirectSound Device". Does sound play for you that way?

I'm not sure, but probably you need the Blu-Ray/HD DVD plugin? Originally I thought you don't need it for E-AC3 decoding. But right now I guess you do.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:19   #646  |  Link
onlym3

Quote:
I'm not sure, but probably you need the Blu-Ray/HD DVD plugin? Originally I thought you don't need it for E-AC3 decoding. But right now I guess you do.
24.99$ later in can confirm that, works after i activated the Bluray/HDDVD Plugin.
Old 21st August 2007, 18:49   #647  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I don't have that BD. I have two other BDs with TrueHD, though. I'll double check whether the length of the extracted AC3 file is ok with those tracks. Maybe there's a bug in eac3to.

@madshi

From what I know, TrueHD in Blu-ray contains DD 5.1 640K core. And, just like DTS-HD, you have to handle sync word emulation very carefully to avoid the incorrect length of extracted AC3. I wrote a tool to extract the DD 5.1 core from Blu-ray TrueHD, and tested on 3 BDs without any problem. I'll send the source code to you so you can merge into eac3to.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:07   #648  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
24.99$ later in can confirm that, works after i activated the Bluray/HDDVD Plugin.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old 21st August 2007, 19:09   #649  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee View Post
@madshi

From what I know, TrueHD in Blu-ray contains DD 5.1 640K core. And, just like DTS-HD, you have to handle sync word emulation very carefully to avoid the incorrect length of extracted AC3. I wrote a tool to extract the DD 5.1 core from Blu-ray TrueHD, and tested on 3 BDs without any problem. I'll send the source code to you so you can merge into eac3to.
Thanks, the source code would be welcome and I'd love to integrate it into eac3to!

I think I was careful about the sync word stuff etc. I'm checking for the signature and I'm only accepting frames with a valid CRC. Every AC3 frame should have a valid CRC. Because of that valid AC3 frames should be easy to identify. I think it's more difficult with DTS. There CRC is optional and rarely used, as far as I know. Anyway, I'll compare your source code to mine and check if I can find significant differences...
Old 21st August 2007, 20:48   #650  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
@madshi

Could you make your DDCore tool available as an exe file? That way "big-guy" could test whether it works better for him than eac3to's solution. I've checked your code and it looks alright to me. But if your code doesn't work better than mine I'd prefer to keep mine.

Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2007, 04:02   #651  |  Link
orbitlee

Here is my DDCore executable.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h1thbq

Usage: DDCore source.thd dest.ac3

It ONLY works on TrueHD from Blu-ray!
Old 22nd August 2007, 05:17   #652  |  Link
pyrates

Quote:

You can test it using the 300 hd dvd, that has a truehd 8 channel track. And how is it just for truehd from blu-ray? Isn't truehd the same on both kinds of discs?
Old 22nd August 2007, 08:38   #653  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:

Thanks! So big-guy, does DDCore work better for you than eac3to with "Wings of Honnêamise"?
Old 22nd August 2007, 09:42   #654  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrates View Post
how is it just for truehd from blu-ray? Isn't truehd the same on both kinds of discs?
No, it's different. HD DVD is straight TrueHD with no AC3 in it. In Blu-Ray TrueHD consists of an AC3 track with added TrueHD blocks. The end result is more or less the same. HD DVD needs a bit less space.
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:46   #655  |  Link
woah!

i just tried ddcore on a thd track out of Vacancy BR disc and it works very well and fast

seemed to got the same result from eac3to aswell, if not faster heh, and correct times on both.

Last edited by woah!; 22nd August 2007 at 10:50.
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:29   #656  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah! View Post
i just tried ddcore on a thd track out of Vacancy BR disc and it works very well and fast

seemed to got the same result from eac3to aswell, if not faster heh, and correct times on both.
Thanks for testing!
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:52   #657  |  Link
woah!

opps sorry that should be Ghostrider THD track not Vacancy .... still both give me correct files at about the same speed.
Old 22nd August 2007, 20:50   #658  |  Link
big-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Thanks! So big-guy, does DDCore work better for you than eac3to with "Wings of Honnêamise"?
Sorry, I've already deleted the source file. And just used the DVD track ><. Will test it the next time I rip a BD...

for the hard work everybody .
Old 26th August 2007, 17:58   #659  |  Link
andybno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squal View Post
Don't know if this has been resolved somewhere in the thread but I had this problem and resolved it so I'm posting how I fixed it.

When trying to decode anything to wav (ddp or mlp) I got this:

Code:
E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 2:12:32, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Remove Dialog Normalization information. Please wait...
Muxing eac3 file to raw. Please wait...
Disabling DRC for Nero E-AC3 decoding...
The file size of the raw file doesn't seem to fit.
Finally I discovered the actual problem was the dtsac3source-full.ax file which was corrupted or something. I had the same exact version on another computer which I had downloaded a couple of weeks before. That one was working, I knew, so I unregistered the old one (don't know if this is necessary)...

Code:
regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\system32\dtsac3source-full.ax
...got the new one, and it worked.

If your raw file is 0 bytes and then eac3to crashes, chances are this is your problem.

Get some new dtsac3source from some different mirror or download site, register it and try again. That worked for me.

The version I have is 1.0.0.1, BTW.

Hope this helps.
where can I get the 1.0.0.1 version from? I am getting the above problem, dont know if it helps but I get this after getting the above message: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2788/crashay9.jpg

Last edited by andybno1; 26th August 2007 at 18:00.
Old 27th August 2007, 21:41   #660  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v1.14 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
(1) DTS dialog normalization can be removed now
(2) DTS core can be extracted from DTS-HD track now

Usage:
eac3to source.dts dest.dts
eac3to can detect if a DTS-HD stream is clean or not. If it's clean, the DTS core extraction should be perfect with no audio sync issues and no crackling sound etc. If the DTS-HD stream is not clean, eac3to will complain, but it will still do the extraction. In this case you need to check if audio is in sync throughout the whole movie.

I've tested the new DTS core extraction on all my HD DVD and Blu-Ray movies with such tracks. The tracks were demuxed by EvoDemux (for HD DVDs) and xport (for Blu-Rays). eac3to reported all tracks to be clean - except the "Perfume" tracks. This problem has been reported before. For whatever reason the "Perfume" DTS-HD tracks demuxed by EvoDemux are corrupt. Well, eac3to detects that, which is good. So, if eac3to doesn't complain you can feel safe that everything is fine.

One important thing to note: The current version of the "DTS/AC3/DD+" filter plays all DTS(-HD) streams from Blu-Ray and HD DVD incorrectly. Basically as soon as you seek, audio sync is lost. I've fixed the problem in the filter and uploaded a new version here:

http://madshi.net/dtsac3source.zip

This is not a unicode build, though, so it might not work with DTS/AC3/DD+ files in folders with "strange" file names. I hope we'll get a unicode build from orbitlee or Casimir later.

Another way to work around the DTS/AC3/DD+ filter problem is to mux the HD DVD and Blu-Ray DTS (core) tracks into a container, e.g. MKV or TS. That way the sync problems with seeking should also disappear.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to