Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd July 2003, 23:20   #1  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

Nero 6 to include transcoder on July 25

From another website:
The release date of the new Nero Burning Rom v.6 was postponed last week to be launched on 25th of July. According to Ahead, the reason for this delay is that the software engineers are currently making several changes including smart encoding, slide show transitions, DVD 9-5 transcoding and so forth.

Therefore the new version expected on 25th of July with many new features and very much improved in many significant areas.

And from their website:
"Stay tuned for the new web release, now scheduled for July 25th. Included will be "Special Project" Nero Recode!"
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2003, 23:43   #2  |  Link
Yannis

Thanks jfcarbel;

It seems to me though that such additions would need more than a month... Maybe the fell behind schedule or the bought the DLLs from somebody else
... we will see.
Old 23rd July 2003, 08:30   #3  |  Link
drmih

I picked up a copy last week and the menus look a bit flashier but otherwise the same as v5. It does support wma files under audio-cd.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2003, 11:12   #4  |  Link
SupaCoopa
Cinephile

I expected Nero to be able to do some 9-5 conversion at some point, good for them trying to implement it at last. I doubt the first release of the program will be any good though, from what I've seen there must be trillions of bugs running about Ahead's offices and programmers seem to have a hard time exterminating them. But they do manage to hit one or two every other week

Well Done - New Media Design
SupaCoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2003, 08:12   #5  |  Link
SupaCoopa
Cinephile

Quoting from www.ahead.de

Ahead packs key new features into Nero 6 at the last moment!
Due to high demand, features originally slated for future versions have now been brought forward in time to add even more value to this already impressive suite. Stay tuned for the new web release, now scheduled for July 25th. Included will be "Special Project" Nero Recode!

Well Done - New Media Design
SupaCoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2003, 13:32   #6  |  Link
valnar

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaCoopa
from what I've seen there must be trillions of bugs running about Ahead's offices and programmers seem to have a hard time exterminating them. But they do manage to hit one or two every other week
Yep. Look how long it took to get Nero 5.5 perfected. I won't jump on Nero 6 until 6.1 or 6.2 at least.

-Robert
valnar is offline   Reply With Quote