Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 25th December 2001, 21:21   #1  |  Link
Haywire

ReMPEG2 / ifoEdit / Apes / Sony 550D

Ah nice long subject, anyways some info...

I've been reading this forum for quite a while, double read too! Great info..

Specs.
Windows 2000 sp2
Pioneer A03
Settop - Sony S550D

Anyone succesfully copy Planet of the Apes (2001)? Since it is bigger than 4.38G I used the ifoedit method. (Many times!)

1. Smartripper (into chapters since movie won't work on reMPEG2)
2. reMPEG2 down sample to 88%
3. ifoedit (vob extras etc with re-mux) with new apes.m2v
4. made a GREAT new wideo_ts.ifo and vts_01_0.ifo and all the vobs were 1G

Heres the problem..

Play the video_ts directory still on HD with PowerDVD 4 XP
Right at chapter 6 if freezes, and 12 and 19 and 20. If I skip over the chapter it will play fine until it reaches another one of the bad chapters.

Now for the weird part (I know the questions.. maybe bad rip or stuff) BUT! If I play back the VOBs seperately in PowerDVD they play just fine!!! So it looks like the ifo?

I have a similar problem with the Grinch. The VOBs play fine and the DVD plays fine on the computer but then on the SONY is goes wonky on like chapter 11 and 18? UGH!

Sooo.. anyone experience similar stuff? Or have you gotten it to play back right? I really like ifoedit, but it seems that the vts_01_0.ifo is not properly parsed for the chapters? Since the VOB plays without a problem..

Haywire
Haywire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 00:18   #2  |  Link
fruitbat

Re: ReMPEG2 / ifoEdit / Apes / Sony 550D

Quote:
Originally posted by Haywire

1. Smartripper (into chapters since movie won't work on reMPEG2)
2. reMPEG2 down sample to 88%
3. ifoedit (vob extras etc with re-mux) with new apes.m2v
4. made a GREAT new wideo_ts.ifo and vts_01_0.ifo and all the vobs were 1G

You are ripping the film as individual chapters and then
rempeg'ing each chapter is this correct ?
if so how are you joining the chapters as a single m2v file ?
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 00:43   #3  |  Link
mpucoder

I don't understand why you're ripping into chapters, either. That can cause problems. All ReMPEG2 needs for files or movie mode is a cffl file listing all the vob files. There is an sample cffl with ReMPEG2 ditribution.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 02:09   #4  |  Link
rmtaibo
MB Fan

1) It looks like that DVD movie has more than 1 Program Chain... (PGC)

Verify it with the original DVD using SmartRipper in Movie Rip Method.

2) I'm having this troubles with some Disney Movies that have several Program Chains and Multiangles (One for each Language)

3) Is There a way to use SmartRipper with Rip-Movie Method instead of Back-up Method in order to use IfoEdit without problems?
I tried to rip the movie using only 1 Program Chain, but using this method I can't use Original Video_TS.ifo in order to get VTS sectors
I tried to make this but I got this message in IfoEdit 0.8.

"Something is wrong" with VobUnits....

Or something like this.

Derrow, can you help?

Last edited by rmtaibo; 26th December 2001 at 02:25.
rmtaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2001, 04:10   #5  |  Link
Haywire

fruitbat + mpucoder: yes I used a cffl file to do all the chapters.

Why did I do the chapter way and not the movie way? Well when I did the movie way reMPEG always crapped out 5 to 10 min before the end credits. Even when parsing the vobs in the begining you could see it jump from like 88% to 100% on the progress bar. But if I use the chapter method reMPEG saw all the vobs correctly.

Did anyone else notice that a few movies (Planet of the Apes) there is like an extra chapter in the IFO at the end and its around 00:00:00:15 time units long? Thats chapter 37 when there are only 36.

I just got ifoEdit 0.8 and tried the PTS restore in VOB EXTRAs, still no go. I can still play all the VOBs seperately but not in ifo movie mode. Completely freezes PowerDVD (Gotta stop from task manager)

rmtaibo: The movie does only show one PGC. I still have a sneaky suspision that the chapters (Cells) have different pointers in the IFO then in the VOB.

Derrow: I like ver 0.8 (I can do HEX edits) does ifoEdit check that the Cell sectors correspond to a proper address in the VOBs? Oh, and in your next version can you put a refresh button/key in please, preatty please!! Right now I make certain changes, save, exit, load ifoEdit backup, load up the ifos and look at the parsing.

Sigh Is there any program that will do a text dump of cell sectors and other tech data on VOBs? reMPEG2's log file is binary and I don't know the make up of it.
Old 26th December 2001, 04:47   #6  |  Link
mpucoder

Well, you can use VobEdit to see the structure of a vob, it's also at Derrow's site.
Old 26th December 2001, 17:33   #7  |  Link
Haywire

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by mpucoder
Well, you can use VobEdit to see the structure of a vob, it's also at Derrow's site.
WHAT!? Don't tease me like that man! VobEdit? Okay, I plead ignorance. I've looked on your site, Derrows site, and Doom9 FIle section and I can NOT find this program. Lets pretend I've had a few drinks too many and I need you to point in the direction of the washrooms, ahem, file location.
Old 29th December 2001, 18:14   #8  |  Link
mpucoder

I guess it is kind of hidden, it's on this page http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/public.php
Old 29th December 2001, 22:13   #9  |  Link
Chumboy

tried the link and it says "no leaching" on a red screen.
click and right click don't work.

any thoughts?
Chumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2001, 23:50   #10  |  Link
mpucoder

What browser did you use?
Old 29th December 2001, 23:51   #11  |  Link
rmtaibo
MB Fan

I down1oaded it a few weeks ago...

http://rilanparty.com/vbb/attachment...tachmentid=231

Last edited by rmtaibo; 30th December 2001 at 00:00.
rmtaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2001, 14:39   #12  |  Link
Derrow

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by Haywire
Derrow: I like ver 0.8 (I can do HEX edits) does ifoEdit check that the Cell sectors correspond to a proper address in the VOBs? Oh, and in your next version can you put a refresh button/key in please, preatty please!! Right now I make certain changes, save, exit, load ifoEdit backup, load up the ifos and look at the parsing.
Will it scans the VOB files, and collects the current sectors for every Vob-Unit, and every cell, and updates the IFO file accordingly.

That's a good suggestion about a refresh button. Right now you only need to select a different table in IfoEdit, and select back the other table again, to refresh the List-Display.
Derrow is offline   Reply With Quote