Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 2nd June 2002, 10:28   #1  |  Link
alx

to Nic..

Hi Nic, my name is Alejandro, and i recently started using dvd2avi and Xvid, so please apologize me for my stupid questions and my poor english.......I think yours is a great work, but i want to ask you one thing.......i want to use the "CREDITS" part in Xvid, but i donīt know how to see at what frame they starts and ends.........how can i do that?? will you put in your next version, in the info window, the number of the frame???.....BTW, would it be possible to make PART of a movie?? not all, just a little part....
Really thanks for your time and work.
Alx
alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2002, 11:53   #2  |  Link
Nic

Well if you press F5 (that will start a preview)
Then press escape to stop the preview...
Then move the little trackbar at the bottom about you should see the frame number & timestamp in the statistics/info window....
(although this is a new feature, it works pretty well, but doesnt work too great if you split your vobs (i.e. dont have just the one vob file)

Now, you see those buttons that look like '[' & ']' that allows you to select which bits of the movie you want to encode....move the trackbar to a scene you want, then press [, then move it to the end of the scene and press ]

Hope that helps

-Nic
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2002, 03:22   #3  |  Link
alx

Nic , really thanks for your quick answer........the crop feature works fine, but the "frame number" not so well....when you said "but doesnt work too great if you split your vobs", you mean to rip all dvd into one single .vob file???
Just when I press ESC the status windows clears all values, and the frame number dissapears.....when i move the little trackbar nothing appears in the frame number window.....i am using version 1.86..maybe you refer to your new beta version.

Anyway, i think that i could "chop" the credits out of the film with the crop feature.....

I just ripped TITANIC Zone 1 to my hdd, and it is interlaced....i understand that i have to use avysinth and other tools to do the deinterlaced thing....but i know that you have a new version of dvd2avi ready to go, that has this feature......i wonder where get that version, because it is not in your homepage (http://nic.dnsalias.com/)

Well, thanks a lot again.
Alx
Old 3rd June 2002, 12:21   #4  |  Link
Nic

Doh! Sorry I thought you were referring to my new version, yes that frame number bit is new to my version.

That will be out soon (and decomb & IVTC can be used straight from inside of it)

Cheers,
-Nic
Old 5th June 2002, 14:54   #5  |  Link
A_Pleite

Another idea to get the startframe of the endcredits:

If the credits start at the beginning of a chapter, you can use smartripper to rip the dvd. you will have an info-text in the destination-directory and in this info there are the framenumbers of the chapters. You can copy the startframenumber of the credits-chapter to the xvid option.
You have to ensure that the credits start at the beginning of a chapter (you might want to use a dvd-player for this)!

Hope that helps

A_Pleite
A_Pleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 10:24   #6  |  Link
Booster

Hello NIC,

when do you publish your new version of DVD2AVI? Or is it already offered for the Download?

Booster
Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 10:39   #7  |  Link
Nic

Soon......

-Nic
Old 5th July 2002, 11:00   #8  |  Link
Booster

This answer was quick, NIC.
Well, then we want to wait still something.

Booster
(sorry for my poor english)
Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 05:47   #9  |  Link
Kyo
Anime Team!

@Hi Nic!

I take another look in your version, and, in the Decomb Window
I think that in the deinterlace part the check that say "Post" must be "Full", 'cos in FieldDeinterlace "Post" doesnīt exist.

Also with the the new version of Catalyst drivers for the ati radeon series when I load your version I get a "boost" in the Bright or gamma in my windows. I think that the reason for this is the code in the overlay part(?).
Old 6th July 2002, 13:10   #10  |  Link
Nic

@Kyo:
Your right! There is no post in FieldDeinterlace! Ill correct that before its released. Well spotted

Yes that sounds like an Overlay problem, ill look at the overlay fix in 1.77.3 and implement it mine (Im not sure if it will help but it wont hurt )

Cheers,
-Nic
Old 11th July 2002, 03:19   #11  |  Link
alx

Whatīs new in your next version, NIC??

Hi Nic......i hope DVD2AVI ALA NIC launch is near in time....but meanwhile, i want to ask you if it will have command support, like mpeg2avi from PX3 or any kind of "job list".......i am asking it, because i like to make 2 or 3 movies while i sleep or out of my house....

Well, nothing else for the moment ppl.
Alx.
Old 11th July 2002, 09:03   #12  |  Link
Nic

Hmmm. No it doesnt...Its a good idea, the problem being though is that it has so many options (it would be hard to satisfy them all with a command line )

I could make it so you could load multiple DVD2AVI's then they will start there 1 or 2pass encodes one after another...That might work???

My DVD2AVI, isnt that great So I hope nobody will be disappointed. But its good enough for me to do all my encodes in.

The thing it misses the most is a compression check, but, as some of my beta testers do, you can do that externally & then do the encode with DVD2AVI...

(Should be released this weekend, but dont hold me to it, I havent done any real work on it in ages now )

-Nic
Old 12th July 2002, 02:36   #13  |  Link
alx

"I could make it so you could load multiple DVD2AVI's then they will start there 1 or 2pass encodes one after another...That might work???"

Mmmmmmmmmm........how do i know???

Nic....i hope you could finish it for the weekend, really....the only two things that we need......really NEED an automatic 2pass......and a good idct.....the joblist can wait.

Well, thanks again for your effort....
Alx.
Old 30th July 2002, 05:50   #14  |  Link
spyder
Matroska Developer

Are you releasing the source code as well Nic? I would really love to modify your code to encode the video to XviD and the audio to MP3 or Vorbis a la BeSweet.dll and store the results in.....well, MCF isn't ready yet but my editing format is nearing completion and would fit the job perfectly but sadly it only supports a single stream.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2002, 06:23   #15  |  Link
Emp3r0r

I believe the code is already there to do the MP3 or Vorbis via Besweet. Look on the Dolby Digital Track selection menu. BTW: Nic is on vacation
Old 30th July 2002, 06:40   #16  |  Link
spyder
Matroska Developer

Yes, I know all of that code is there except for putting it into MCF.

I didn't know Nic was on vacation. Thanks.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote