Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Old 28th April 2002, 01:35   #1  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

some stats for the curious

taken at 2:30am on Sunday morning (local time). Keep in mind that this is a bit outside regular usage patterns. For instance.. the percentage of XP and W2K is higher on workdays, especially W2K beats W98 which I think is due to many corporations using W2K as it's a stable business OS (as compared to the crappy home OS W98).
Old 28th April 2002, 01:36   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

here's the browser share. I don't know what netscape5 is.. probably mozilla.
Old 28th April 2002, 01:39   #3  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

and here about the whereabouts of people. As many large ISPs use .com or .net domains country code specific numbers are not very useful. For instance.. almost 20% of people visiting my site use Deutsche Telekom as their ISP.. but that's a .net domain rather than .de. So, assuming that thanks to windows defaults and auto-time set in the most recent windows versions I think timezones give a pretty accurate representation of where people are from. Of course you cannot put them into specific contries but we can see that a majority of people comes from European countries.
Actually.. the bar for GMT+1 is rather low.. I've seen it up in the seventies already... sitemeter definitely does not average the numbers over time..
Old 24th May 2002, 08:21   #4  |  Link
esby

just one question about the first graph ?

NT users are in 2000 or in unknown systems ?

( i suppose they are in 2k domain ; but who know ...)

esby
esby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2002, 11:15   #5  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

there's a separate class for NT users.. just been to the stats again and now I have 13% NT users.. the amount of W2K/NT systems as compared to more consumer oriented operating systems like XP and the rest is always higher during the day than at nighttime